Coach of the Year?

SmittyBacall

Coach of the Year?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Seems like a decent amount of legit candidates this year and it will be a shame for the ones that are deserving, but don't win.
Would fans be happier if they split it into AFC/NFC and award (2) Coach of the Year trophies, one for each conference ?
Or is that watering it down too much ?

I think it is watering it down too much. And if you expand that for coach of the year you probably are going to want to do it for MVP and OPOY/DPOY too, right? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Before the season, there were people who actually thought the Titans weren’t the best team in the division. Once they lost Henry, everyone thought there were done. That’s not including all the other injuries they’ve had to deal with. Their 1 win away from the #1 seed and likely would’ve had 13-14 wins if they were somewhat relatively healthy all season. 

Ngl, When I saw your username I totally disregarded what you were about to say.

19 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What do they say?

Just standard fan stuff complaining about him when things are going bad. They just never say anything when things are going right either. The group chat is like 9 people and maybe one of them is what I would describe as something more than a casual fan.

20 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Ngl, When I saw your username I totally disregarded what you were about to say.

K? Your opinion wasn’t valued anyway. Everything I posted was true. If you want to try and call me a homer, that’s hilarious as I’m consistently one of the most pessimistic posters in Titania so…

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I'm going with Vrabel.  They lost the keystone player on their offense and Vrabel held it all together and got them to the #1 seed.  In addition to that, it would be nice to see one of the branches from the Belichick coaching tree to have some success.  Bill Belichick deserves to have some good stuff happen in that regard.  I mean, come on, BB is the GOAT.

• Like 1

I would legit give it to Zac Taylor. He got the Bengals to 10 wins, won the AFC North, and into the playoffs. Now the entire narrative surrounds my guy Burrow and also Chase as the reason the Bengals are this great. Zac is still the HC and I wonder how the Bengals would do if they had an empty HC spot this entire season? So I hate that narrative. Zac should be the winner for the job he has done with the Bengals.

I do think LaFleur will more than likely win it just bc the Packers have the best record in the NFL and just all the things the Packers dealt with in the offseason due to the diva that is ARod. Not to mention the major injuries they have dealt with all season long combined with covid to still have the best record is amazing. So I think he will more than likely win it but again for me Id give it to Zac bc of where he has the Bengals this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm going with Vrabel.  They lost the keystone player on their offense and Vrabel held it all together and got them to the #1 seed.  In addition to that, it would be nice to see one of the branches from the Belichick coaching tree to have some success.  Bill Belichick deserves to have some good stuff happen in that regard.  I mean, come on, BB is the GOAT.

Vrabel is a great choice too. The Titans dealt with injuries and had the most impressive wins in the NFL as well. They are the 1 seed despite everything they dealt with this season. So if he was to win I wouldnt mind. Again Im going with Zac bc how many thought the Bengals would have 10 wins and win the AFC North this season? People expected the Titans to be good if not great this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Vrabel is a great choice too. The Titans dealt with injuries and had the most impressive wins in the NFL as well. They are the 1 seed despite everything they dealt with this season. So if he was to win I wouldnt mind. Again Im going with Zac bc how many thought the Bengals would have 10 wins and win the AFC North this season? People expected the Titans to be good if not great this season. 

Yep.  I'd be fine if Zac wins it too.  Both are good choices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

People expected the Titans to be good if not great this season. 

Until Henry went down against the Colts.  Then the consensus was that the Titans' season was over.

And then they went and beat the consensus best team in the NFL Rams in LA.