Most Likely Trade-Down Scenarios

Just Want A Title

I have been looking at the first round draft order and it doesn't like there is a realistic option for trading back.  Trading back with the Eaglesi the first round moves us too far back.  The Jets and Giants aren't giving up any draft picks to move up in the first round.  There might be an outside shot at someone targeting an OT but that is a long-shot.  I don't know anything about the trade value chart but I believe our best options for a trade-back are:

1. Trade out of our first round pick from the Rams with Denver for their two second round picks (42 and 62) and a the fifth round pick we sent them in the Trinity Benson trade

2. Trade out of our second round pick with Atlanta  for Pick #45, Pick #76 and a 2023 4th round pick.  

These may not be perfect but we could use additional picks in the second and third rounds even with the compensatory picks we will be getting.  What are some other trade-down scenarios that might be realistic?  Thoughts?

Edited by Just Want A Title

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Have you ever thought something and just contributed to the threads already discussing those topics? 

Have you ever not been rude and condescending?   I looked through the thread list and there wasn't a thread on this unless it was buried.  You may want to look through the topics before you spout off on other people.  Not here to be your personal whipping post.

Edited by Just Want A Title

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

I hope they don’t trade down. Picks are wonderful but the Lions need some legitimate top end talent not more third and fourth rounders.

I wouldn't mind a trade down if it netted us more future 1st round picks. But also want to stay high enough to get something worth while in this draft.  I love Kyle Hamilton, and if we can drop down a couple spots and get him, I would be all for it.  Having more future ammo would help when a real QB prospect is available. That being said, I don't think there is anyone in this draft good enough for people to move up for.  Hutchinson/Thibo perhaps but also not sure they would e willing to give enough to make it worth missing out on them.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wouldn't mind a trade down if it netted us more future 1st round picks. But also want to stay high enough to get something worth while in this draft.  I love Kyle Hamilton, and if we can drop down a couple spots and get him, I would be all for it.  Having more future ammo would help when a real QB prospect is available. That being said, I don't think there is anyone in this draft good enough for people to move up for.  Hutchinson/Thibo perhaps but also not sure they would e willing to give enough to make it worth missing out on them.  

There are certainly players that would make a slight trade down worth it, provided the value as you suggest is worth it.

I would like to see them use the second round pick in a package to move up if Nakobe Dean is available in the 20’s.

KT/Hutch, Dean and London would solve a number of problems.

Now if there’s a team that wants to pony up two well placed  firsts in this years draft to move up to number two then I would like that. I just don’t see it happening.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 8:26 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

If I were GM, I'd also trade down a couple spots for Kyle Hamilton. The Jets need a pass rusher and have a bunch of picks. Might make for a good trade partner.