What should the Texans do at Offensive Coordinator?

PAtexansFAN_99

I don't trust Culley, he's not the decision maker. This is Caserio's team. I feel like Kelly was partially retained because we wanted to appease Deshaun. Not that he's bad, but I fully expect him to be let go and land somewhere as QB coach again. Pep is the obvious choice and I'd love to see what he can do as the OC. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 1:58 PM, lumberjackchris said:

Is he still active on twitter? I remember interreacting with him and seeing yall but haven't seen him pop up on my TL in a while. 

I've been ghost checking this site for a few years now. I read the comments but get alot of my information from Twitter nowadays where I'm very active. Feel free to make convo there & I'll follow back. @blaze_logic

Keep up the good work fellas. This Texans forum is in good hands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I would bet that the Texans don’t fire Kelley. I feel like this would have happened quickly after the last game. 

Ditto with Culley. This staff is going nowhere (Pep might get a chance to interview for a few OC spots).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ditto with Culley. This staff is going nowhere (Pep might get a chance to interview for a few OC spots).

Culley isn't getting fired but I think TK deservedly will. You can't be dead last 2yrs in a row and keep a job when your DC is using that same bottom feeder personnel and making his defense at the least, respectable. Mind you, he only kept the job to appease Deshaun. Deshaun gone, so no reason to keep Kelly, despite what Culley says. 

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: Brian Flores was just fired. Shocker. Legitimate shocker.

So, on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "David Culley isn't getting fired" and 10 being "He gone" I started the day off at a 1.

After this news? I'm at a 6, and climbing. Brian Flores was an understudy to Nick Caserio, started off as a scout and was groomed by Caserio through the coaching hierarchy.

This... changes the narrative a bit. Nobody saw this coming, including Caserio. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "David Culley isn't getting fired" and 10 being "He gone" I started the day off at a 1.

After this news? I'm at a 6, and climbing. Brian Flores was an understudy to Nick Caserio, started off as a scout and was groomed by Caserio through the coaching hierarchy.

Please... please... please... give us Flores... most (not all) will be forgiven and fire Easterbunny

18 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Please... please... please... give us Flores... most (not all) will be forgiven and fire Easterbunny

I wouldn't forgive... but I'd also be okay with Easterby not getting fired if Flores/Caserio was the HC/GM combo.

On this note... what to make of this?

Hypothetically - if Culley is fired, Flores is hired and Watson suddenly wants to play for Flores and the Texans - what do you want to happen?

I'm asking because I'm legitimately conflicted. I would love a QB LIKE Watson, but I really want nothing to do WITH Watson, given his crimes against women. Even if the cases are settled... knowing what he did to some of those massage therapists is enough to make me not like him.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't forgive... but I'd also be okay with Easterby not getting fired if Flores/Caserio was the HC/GM combo.

On this note... what to make of this?

Hypothetically - if Culley is fired, Flores is hired and Watson suddenly wants to play for Flores and the Texans - what do you want to happen?

I'm asking because I'm legitimately conflicted. I would love a QB LIKE Watson, but I really want nothing to do WITH Watson, given his crimes against women. Even if the cases are settled... knowing what he did to some of those massage therapists is enough to make me not like him.

I think Watson is out of Houston regardless of what happens and, considering how long we all waited for a QB like him to arrive, it pains me to say that’s what I prefer. He’s a great QB, but even if what he did wasn’t criminal (which there is also no reason to believe it wasn’t), it was extremely weird and I don’t root for a weirdo. He’s a millionaire-athlete, why are you dming 22 (!!!) random massage therapists on Instagram for help on your body?? The sheer number of women that reported very similar stories makes me think Watson did what he is accused of. I just can’t get past that number, it’s ridiculous. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm sure Caserio is on the phone with Flores gauging interest. He checks all of Caserio's HC boxes. 

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Panthers requesting permission to interview Pep Hamilton to be their OC.  

Oof, this could be bad for Mills. Good for Pep, he's gaining a rep of being a QB whisperer - which is a fast track to a HC position.