Week 18: At the New York Football Giants (where they don't fight each other if you have selective memory)

MikeT14

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

BSJ is on IR, he’s not coming back. I would like to see them throw deep to Dyami, play Jamin how they played Collins this year as a WLB who is free to blitz and not be taking on guards and centers trying to tackle a running back like Barkley. 

The young talent that we haven’t seen a lot of or is like to see more of is Brown who you mentioned, Patterson w/ 15-20 carries, more of Bates, Dax Milne, Reyes, Settle, WBK, Toney, Darrick Forrest and Apke?

Past couple weeks they have gotten Dyami more involved than the previous 15 weeks which is good to see, but I would obviously like to see more. I do like to see Patterson running the ball well, but I'd like to Gibson and Patterson both get a lot of touches this week just to see how they can split duties since that could be the potential backfield for us next year. 

As for the rest, I would really like to see more of Darrick Forrest. I watched a lot of his film coming out of college and was really hoping they could turn him into a free safety since we've been lacking a player who can play center field and make plays on the ball since Sean Taylor. I think we've seen enough of Troy Apke (thankfully 0 this year) to know he isn't the answer to anything besides a gunner on special teams. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As I've said a bunch of times, it could always be worse. The NYG are showing us that.

And they’ll get a new GM, Fire their coach and be ahead of us in their rebuild within two years very similar to how Philly has done. I mean, they could easily end up with Kenny Pickett and Jameson Williams or Kyle  Hamilton and Derek Stingley. They have two top 10 picks to start their new build. 

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And they’ll get a new GM, Fire their coach and be ahead of us in their rebuild within two years very similar to how Philly has done. I mean, they could easily end up with Kenny Pickett and Jameson Williams or Kyle  Hamilton and Derek Stingley. They have two top 10 picks to start their new build. 

Yeah we’ll see. They did all of that ahead of us before a few years ago look at them, they're worse and they're still wanting to keep Daniel Jones as their starter. We have a guy in Rivera who realized w/in a month that he wanted nothing to do with Haskins on his team and he moved on.

I don't see the Giants taking a QB in round 1, they've been clear they want to keep building around Daniel Jones. 

I don't know why you’re scared of the Giants taking Hamilton, Stingley or a WR like Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave or the 4th best WR in the draft Jameson Williams. That just another good prospect they’d draft like us but w/o getting a good/great QB, having good or even great players at other positions doesn't matter.

I think the Giants will take an OT with their pick this year, Hamilton, Stingley or an edge pass rusher. I don't see them going QB, I don't see them going WR again when they signed Galloday last year and they drafted Toney last year plus they still have Sterling Shepard & they have Darius Slayton as their #4 WR.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They been rebuilding for a long time too. They have had a lot of resets. I dunno if it’s any better for them either. 

edit: @turtle28 just fleshed it out fuller than I did. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

They been rebuilding for a long time too. They have had a lot of resets. I dunno if it’s any better for them either. 

edit: @turtle28 just fleshed it out fuller than I did. 

Yep. Since the Giants last won the Super Bowl in 2011 they've been a franchise in a downward spiral just as much as Washington. 

They've only made the playoffs once since they won the Super Bowl in 2011, and that was 5 years ago in 2016.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Building. I feel like if they get a better GM and the resources they have they’ll start to head in the right direction. 

Sure, but that’s key to anyone right? They thought they’ve done that 3 times in the last 8ish years for the coach. Could they do it on their 4th try in 9? Or 3rd GM in that time frame? Maybe. 

I’m glad the announcers made sure to tell everyone the eagles were missing a bunch of their starters. When we had to field a practice squad team they made sure to tell everyone how awesome the eagles were and how they were putting a beat down on us. 

• Like 1