Week 18: At the New York Football Giants (where they don't fight each other if you have selective memory)

MikeT14

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah I don’t agree with this. Patterson is fun and Williams is camp fodder. Gibson barely eclipsed 1K yards in a 17 game season. Walker, Robinson, Spiller etc we should pick one of these guys. 

To be fair, only 7 guys in the nfl eclipsed 1K rushing. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

To be fair, only 7 guys in the nfl eclipsed 1K rushing. 

To be fair, his 4.0 yards per carry placed him 22nd in ypc amongst the top 25 rushers in the league this year. Its fairly easy to argue a more talented RB would have gotten a lot more yardage with the amount of carries he was given.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

To be fair, his 4.0 yards per carry placed him 22nd in ypc amongst the top 25 rushers in the league this year. Its fairly easy to argue a more talented RB would have gotten a lot more yardage with the amount of carries he was given.

Probably. I'm just not scoffing that he did accomplish something few did. Of the 7, he was right there with Mixon and Zeke and ahead of Harris. The 7 that got over 1K: 5.5, 5.5, 4.1, 3.9, 4.7, 4.0, 4.2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He left a ton of yards on the field. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When you’ve sucked for 30 years, the grass is greener on the other side. 

Is it? Hasn’t been at QB. When we let Alf go in FA we didn’t replace his production for 2 years until we signed Adrian Peterson. 

I get you having some issues with Gibson. I do too like his fumbling, but he keeps improving and improving.

He hasn’t even reached his potential as a football player and he rushed for 1832 yards & 11 TDs in his first two years in the NFL. Plus he also has 78 recs, 541 yds & 3 TDs his first two years in the NFL.

I really don’t understand the idea of needing to invest highly in a draft pick at RB.

First off, that’s generally a bad investment in terms of how many good/great years you actually get out of the running back. Second, he’s a good starter. He’s easily the 2nd best playmaker on our offense.  

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Is it? Hasn’t been at QB. When we let Alf go in FA we didn’t replace his production for 2 years until we signed Adrian Peterson. 

I get you having some issues with Gibson. I do too like his fumbling, but he keeps improving and improving.

He hasn’t even reached his potential as a football player and he rushed for 1832 yards & 11 TDs in his first two years in the NFL. Plus he also has 78 recs, 541 yds & 3 TDs his first two years in the NFL.

I really don’t understand the idea of needing to invest highly in a draft pick at RB.

First off, that’s generally a bad investment in terms of how many good/great years you actually get out of the running back. Second, he’s a good starter. He’s easily the 2nd best playmaker on our offense.  

Bro stop with this. You were one of the ones who wanted Alf gone so we could play Matt Jones.

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Bro stop with this. You were one of the ones who wanted Alf gone so we could play Matt Jones.

Nope, you have that totally wrong. I never wanted Alfred Morris gone. Never ever once did I want Alfred Morris gone and I’m not going to have some other poster accuse me of not remembering that. 

You are forgetting what I said back then but it really doesn’t matter because that was 5 years ago and it’s not relevant.