I need to make sure everyone understands exactly how bad the Giants OL situation is

minutemancl

36 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The problems on the team are well documented, and they sure as hell aren't James Bradberry, Blake Martinez, Kenny Golladay, Adoree Jackson, Logan Ryan, and Leonard Williams. There are arguments for them being overpaid, but that list is almost all of the good players we have on our entire roster. Should the Eagles have cut Lane Johnson, Fletcher Cox, Jason Kelce, and Darius Slay because they won 4 games last year?

Probably.  They are going to sneak into the playoffs on an extremely easy strength of schedule.  They will get crushed next year. 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, minutemancl said:

I think I'm actually going to do a mock offseason this weekend for the Giants and post it here. Normally the sheer amount of possible options you can take in one offseason is so daunting that it is hard to find a place to start, but there really is only one path you can take to get on the right path to fixing the team this offseason.

I mean we could cut Ryan, Shepard and few other guys and be close to around 30 mill. 

On 1/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, YogiBiz said:

I mean we could cut Ryan, Shepard and few other guys and be close to around 30 mill. 

Cutting Ryan saves us less than $1 million this year. Shepard may not be able to be cut due to his injury. Thats a tricky situation that I'm not really well versed in. I know you just can't cut an injured guy like that though. 

On 1/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, minutemancl said:

Cutting Ryan saves us less than $1 million this year. Shepard may not be able to be cut due to his injury. Thats a tricky situation that I'm not really well versed in. I know you just can't cut an injured guy like that though. 

True. On Ryan. Didn’t realize it had a third year for some reason. Why did we resign him for so long when we just drafted McKinney who looks like a young stud now. We will be feeling this guys presence for years. On top of that, who ever comes after will have to deal with 27m cap hit for a guy who puts up 7 sacks a year. This man DG is a ******* joke 

With Shepard we might be able to save few more on his deal if we can come to an injury settlement with him. Which I’m assuming he’s planning to play again, so he should take. 

Our offense needs a revamp starting with the coordinator.

I just wish we had space to go out and get James Daniels or something 

I don’t think any GM wants this job as it stands