Where do you rank Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow?

RaidersAreOne

Where do you rank Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you rank Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow?

• Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Top 20
    • Top 25
    • Not in the Top 30

I rank him as number 1 in my heart.

In all seriousness, while he’s obviously not the fastest, strongest or tallest, he makes up for that by being an outrageously good route runner. He’s almost always open and he hardly ever drops the ball or fumbles. Renfrow is exceptional and my favorite Raider in years.

• Like 2

I think top 30ish is about right, though he may be a little outside of that bracket.  One of those dudes who has production that may always be slightly better than where people would take him / rank him on just an eval level. I think comping him to Edelman in terms of the production / how they are perceived is a pretty good one

He’s Cooper Kupp lite, to me. I like him a lot. I just think there is a ton of very good receivers in the league, most with a higher ceiling, but if I’m banking on production going into 2022 then I’ll take Renfrow in the top 20 for sure, perhaps just outside the top 10. 

Part of that is just volume, but he's still a good receiver.  Not close to top 30 imo in talent though.  I wouldn't take him over any of the Bengals top 3 of Chase, Higgins, or Boyd.  He can be a WR4 on any team, a WR3 on most teams, and a good/solid WR2 on about half to 2/3 the teams.  If he's your WR1, then your WR room is in dire need of help.  Production wise he'll be much higher than that, but that goes back to volume and other available options for the Raiders.  Had Ruggs not been a complete dumbass, the Raiders were just fine with him as WR2.

He has a very specific skillset that he performs very well. The further he goes downfield, the less his skillset advantages him over corners (however, he does have really good ball skills for his size). Without looking, I think he's in that 20-30 range. You definitely would want to pair with with players to open up the offense downfield, players the Raiders currently do not have.

I think his numbers this year have been helped by the proliferation of 2-high looks and injuries to Darren Waller. I think you typically wouldn't want a player like him to have as big a role in the offense as he has had this season.

I think there’s definitely 20 some odd receivers that I’d rather have, which puts him in a pretty big following group. 

Chase, Diggs, Hill, AJ Brown, Julio, Allen, Cooper, McLaurin, Adams, Jefferson, Thielen, Evans, Godwin, MT, Moore, Kupp, Nuk, Lockett, DK, Ridley, and Deebo, are all players I think I’d put above Renfrow rather comfortably. And that leaves off a ton of good players, players you might expect to bounce back, or players you expect to progress, like Marquise Brown, Higgins, Landry, OBJ, Woods, Mike Williams, Robinson, Golladay, Lamb, Gallup, Parker, Davis, Pittman, Sutton, or Jeudy. Lots of talent going around.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, Bullet Club said:

I haven't done a deep dive on it but I'd be surprised if there are 30 better WR's. I wouldn't be that surprised if there aren't even 20.

If you deep dive, I think you'd be surprised at how you could justify getting him closer to 50 than 30, tbh. His career is pretty similar to Christian Kirk's. It can be highly subjective. Like, Allen Robinson was awful this year. Is it  just a bad year or an actual decline? Would you take Allen Robinson over Renfrow? Would you blame someone for going the other way? Courtland Sutton, MIchael Gallup...these are guys who's careers have had some pretty comparable production with some of the order re arranged. 

What about up and coming guys who haven't quite broken out yet? Brandon Aiyuk's first two years are pretty similar to Renfrow's...who are you picking? Would you blame someone for going the other way? Jerry Jeudy? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you deep dive, I think you'd be surprised at how you could justify getting him closer to 50 than 30, tbh. His career is pretty similar to Christian Kirk's. It can be highly subjective. Like, Allen Robinson was awful this year. Is it  just a bad year or an actual decline? Would you take Allen Robinson over Renfrow? Would you blame someone for going the other way? Courtland Sutton, MIchael Gallup...these are guys who's careers have had some pretty comparable production with some of the order re arranged. 

What about up and coming guys who haven't quite broken out yet? Brandon Aiyuk's first two years are pretty similar to Renfrow's...who are you picking? Would you blame someone for going the other way? Jerry Jeudy? 

I suppose that's fair. When you actually go through it the league is deeper at WR than I thought.

no order:

Solidly above

Kupp
Adams
Jefferson
Chase
Samuel
Diggs
Hill
Evans
Godwin
Higgins
Allen
Lockett
Metcalf
AJ Brown
Lamb
Cooper
McLaurin
Thielen
Hopkins
Diontae Johnson

So for me if we're being as gracious as possible he's 21st. But frankly he's probably already peaked and there are guys like Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle who will pass him next year and also a handful of guys in the same tier that could be in any order with him in the mix.

Top 30 probably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

no order:

Solidly above

Kupp
Adams
Jefferson
Chase
Samuel
Diggs
Hill
Evans
Godwin
Higgins
Allen
LockettIt's 
Metcalf
AJ Brown
Lamb
Cooper
McLaurin
Thielen
Hopkins
Diontae Johnson

So for me if we're being as gracious as possible he's 21st. But frankly he's probably already peaked and there are guys like Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle who will pass him next year and also a handful of guys in the same tier that could be in any order with him in the mix.

Top 30 probably.

It's amazing he's even being mentioned with these guys. He's never going to be an elite deep threat or RZ monster, but as long as he remains elite at winning 1 on 1s on 3rd down, it's more than good enough for me.