Pass me that wrench: Fixing the D in 2022

vike daddy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, who could've been mistaken for an inactive wide receiver while patrolling the sidelines in active wear, had his eyes on the restocked defense for good portions of the day. That might be where some of the team's most underrated strengths lie. Former Packers star Za'Darius Smith was an imposing presence working with the first-team linebackers in the new 3-4 scheme. In between snaps, he was working on a handshake with veteran cornerback Patrick Peterson, one of the few players to prevent a completion to Jefferson on the day. Former Eagles and Cardinals standout Jordan Hicks took all of the starting inside reps alongside Kendricks, with Cameron Dantzler manning the first-team corner slot opposite Peterson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-2022-training-camp-observations-kevin-oconnells-effect-kellen-mond-at-no-2-qb-and-more/?fbclid=IwAR1K8tutAGEp5EB9VnC0KcON9XWkcqtdBG0mgSNKKqw8LOUv_k3VisZFlhI

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

1st team corner slot has me thinking he was playing the slot corner position

No. Sullivan is the 1st team nickel CB. Dantzler is on the outside opposite Peterson. 

It’s an odd choice of word by the author, but Dantzler hasn’t been practicing on the outside. 

Vikings could have made a massive mistake not taking Jordan Davis.  Honestly is Lewis Cine that much better than what Cam Bynum would be at safety?  Will see, sure having Andrew Booth is a big plus granted but Jordan Davis could have made the D absolutely elite and one of the better front sevens in the league.  Sure it is just training camp but what Jordan Davis did here is wildly impressive.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Vikings could have made a massive mistake not taking Jordan Davis.  Honestly is Lewis Cine that much better than what Cam Bynum would be at safety?  Will see, sure having Andrew Booth is a big plus granted but Jordan Davis could have made the D absolutely elite and one of the better front sevens in the league.  Sure it is just training camp but what Jordan Davis did here is wildly impressive.   

You knew as soon as we passed on him though that he'd look good haha

I'm hoping Cine doesn't make us regret passing up on Davis.

23 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

You knew as soon as we passed on him though that he'd look good haha

I'm hoping Cine doesn't make us regret passing up on Davis.

Personally I wanted him badly, him or Kyle Hamilton but will see how it all works out.  Honestly though that play Jordan Davis did, I have ever seen that before and not sure which Eagle player that was, I think maybe the rookie Jurgens but not totally positive.