Off-Season Casualties?

DoleINGout

16 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Overview

Back-shoulder boss who thrives with contested catch opportunities outside the numbers but lacks explosive traits. Harry's ability to body-up opponents and win with ball skills is undeniable, but his inability to find a threatening top gear or shake loose from tight man coverage must be accounted for within his new employer's scheme. His experience playing inside should help and teams will love his impact as a run-blocker. His competitiveness and ability to come down with the ball could make him a productive member of wide receiver trio in short order.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n-keal-harry/32004841-5265-4593-d716-d972ec2d4468

@Deadpulse  Do I have to put the link when I copy and paste comments from a story?

You don't have to but I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of talk regarding JC Jackson lately.. and if the Patriots are going to try to tag and trade him. I read recently that apparently the Patriots were trying to sign him during the season but he said no to all of the offers.. that leads me to believe the two most likely scenarios are: Tagged and walks after this year or Tagged and traded this year. 

Given how bad the CB market is this year, I'm very curious as to what everyone feels his value would be in a trade. 

A few teams off the top of my head and potential offers they would have: 

1. Atlanta Falcons ( Ryan getting older, getting their defense good again could get them back in the Playoffs)
    1. Potential Offer: 43+58
  2. Philadelphia Eagles ( Playoff team looking to take a step, may not want so many young guys on the roster and go the young, veteran route)
    1. Potential Offer: 19
  3. Arizona Cardinals ( in that division you need corners, they could want to make a splash after falling apart second half of the season) 
    1. Potential Offer: 23
  4. Dallas Cowboys ( Could use a corner, could want to go the LA Rams route to win now mode, love to make a splash) 
    1. Potential Offer: 24

Given JC Jacksons age and talent.. I think he is worth a mid 1st round pick to a team that wants to be a contender. Maybe even more than that tbo .. but I figure a 1st is reasonable given that his new team will need to give him a big contract. 

Was just thinking about something which I feel could be interesting to keep an eye on this offseason. 

BB should try to trade Nelson Agholor to Vegas 

• Carr liked having him in Vegas 
  • Agholor had his best season of his career there.. and was a big play threat
  • Ruggs is gone, so Vegas could use a deep threat
  • Ziegler must be a fan of him if he gave him that 2 year contract last year 
  • Josh has a year of working with him, Carr has a year working with him.. so it allows them to hit the ground running and i'm sure Josh want's to make an immediate positive impression there 

I wonder if Vegas would be willing to trade a 4th for Agholor instead of spending a 1st round pick on trying to replace Ruggs in their offense. 

• Like 3

Apparently according to a social media post JC is looking for 100 Million.... now that we know 1000% that BB is never going to give him Jalen Ramsey money we can expect to either get a 3rd round comp pick next year or pray that they can tag and trade him. 

Best case scenario would probably be trading him to the Eagles for 19 and either trading back from that pick to grab a couple CB's or grabbing someone like Booth if they are still there. 

Edited by Crimmage

I know the Patriots are always slow to get into the offseason it feels like.. but not having any contact with JC Jackson at all since the season ended? I would be feeling the same way as a player tbo.. you can't feel like a priority. Even if your "GM" left, you still have people in the building to be in touch with him. 

They spent so much money last season that it makes no sense to not pay him now. The only way you let him go is if you think he isn't a #1 corner... in which case you've got to hope that you can tag and trade him for a haul

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Hoping JC is gone. Hoping for a trade but I doubt the Patriots competence.

Care to elaborate on why? I keep going back and forth on what I think is best.. I lean towards a trade only if we get a high enough pick to replace him with a day 1 starter. 

You think he isn't a true #1 or just don't like the idea of paying a corner top money? BB defenses have historically only been top tier when they have a #1 corner.. without JC we will likely see the defense take a massive step back for a couple years. In that scenario you would be missing out on the cheap years of Mac's contract when he likely needs a great defense the most. 

This scenario reminds me of Asante Samuel.. he wasn't elite but he was the best they had. When he left the secondary struggled for a few years without him.

He isn't Jalen Ramsey .. so i wouldn't expect 2 firsts, but I don't think 1 first should be a crazy ask.

Here is what I think would be a good trade:

• 1st this year and a conditional pick next year based off performance.. something like a 4th that could go as high as a 2nd if he is an all pro 
  • 2nd this year and a conditional pick that could go from a 4th to another 2nd 

What I think is most likely though.. a 2nd round pick 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, Crimmage said:

A lot of talk regarding JC Jackson lately.. and if the Patriots are going to try to tag and trade him. I read recently that apparently the Patriots were trying to sign him during the season but he said no to all of the offers.. that leads me to believe the two most likely scenarios are: Tagged and walks after this year or Tagged and traded this year. 

Given how bad the CB market is this year, I'm very curious as to what everyone feels his value would be in a trade. 

A few teams off the top of my head and potential offers they would have: 

1. Atlanta Falcons ( Ryan getting older, getting their defense good again could get them back in the Playoffs)
    1. Potential Offer: 43+58
  2. Philadelphia Eagles ( Playoff team looking to take a step, may not want so many young guys on the roster and go the young, veteran route)
    1. Potential Offer: 19
  3. Arizona Cardinals ( in that division you need corners, they could want to make a splash after falling apart second half of the season) 
    1. Potential Offer: 23
  4. Dallas Cowboys ( Could use a corner, could want to go the LA Rams route to win now mode, love to make a splash) 
    1. Potential Offer: 24

Given JC Jacksons age and talent.. I think he is worth a mid 1st round pick to a team that wants to be a contender. Maybe even more than that tbo .. but I figure a 1st is reasonable given that his new team will need to give him a big contract. 

If he becomes a Free Agent my Jets are going to go after him guns blazing due to A.) Absolutely fully loaded in top 5 available salary cap space. B.) Even more fully loaded in 2023 available Salary Cap Space next Offseason and C.) CB being one of our biggest weaknesses.

What J.C. Jackson has done @ CB within a league/era that makes CB play extremely difficult has been more impressive than even #21 Primetime Deion Sanders was @ CB (in terms of INTs) throughout their 1st 4 seasons of play. 

Deion Sandes 1st 4 years = 17 INTs.

J.C. Jackson 1st 4 years = 25 INTs.

There is a lot more to CB play than just INTs (just ask #24 Darrelle Revis Island) but I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd ever witness an NFL CB who knew how to bait QBs into throwing INTs as #21 Primetime Deion Sanders once did; until J.C. Jackson (himself) happened.

This kid is ranked 9th All-Time in Interceptions (throughout his first 4 years of play).

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-interceptions-first-4-years

Night Train Lane = 33 INTs (drafted 1952).

Emlen Tunnell = 33 INTs (drafted 1948). 

Lem Barney = 32 INTs (drafted 1967).

Goose Gonsoulin = 30 INTs (drafted 1960). 

Bobby Dillon = 29 INTs (drafted 1952).. 

Paul Krause = 28 INTs (drafted 1964). 

Milt Davis = 27 INTs (drafted 1957). 

Don Doll = 26 INTs (drafted 1949).

J.C. JACKSON = 25 INTs. 

✓ What this kid has done as a true #1 lockdown CB of an Interceptions-Artist has never once been seen nor done before; at least not within modern day 🏈 it hasn't. 

But you know what's even more nuts? 

I don't think J.C. Jackson became a full-time starter until year #3 which means throughout the previous two seasons of 2020 and 2021 he's combined for 17 freaking Interceptions!

And outside of only Night Train Lane's 17 Interceptions throughout a two year period; I'm not sure if it's ever been done before?

~ I'm an FSU fan so of course I love Jalen Ramsey but this kid J.C. Jackson is worth every penny that Jalen Ramsey is because J.C. Jackson is more than just an INT MACHINE; he's also a lockdown/blanket of a CB (in coverage) and can play within both man to man as well as zone coverage.

The last time my Jets stole a N.E. Patriots SUPERSTAR was #28 Curtis my favorite Martin; and I think J.C. Jackson would love to play against Bill Belichick 2x per season (moving forward).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If he becomes a Free Agent my Jets are going to go after him guns blazing due to A.) Absolutely fully loaded in top 5 available salary cap space. B.) Even more fully loaded in 2023 available Salary Cap Space next Offseason and C.) CB being one of our biggest weaknesses.

What J.C. Jackson has done @ CB within a league/era that makes CB play extremely difficult has been more impressive than even #21 Primetime Deion Sanders was @ CB (in terms of INTs) throughout their 1st 4 seasons of play. 

Deion Sandes 1st 4 years = 17 INTs.

J.C. Jackson 1st 4 years = 25 INTs.

There is a lot more to CB play than just INTs (just ask #24 Darrelle Revis Island) but I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd ever witness an NFL CB who knew how to bait QBs into throwing INTs as #21 Primetime Deion Sanders once did; until J.C. Jackson (himself) happened.

This kid is ranked 9th All-Time in Interceptions (throughout his first 4 years of play).

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-interceptions-first-4-years

Night Train Lane = 33 INTs (drafted 1952).

Emlen Tunnell = 33 INTs (drafted 1948). 

Lem Barney = 32 INTs (drafted 1967).

Goose Gonsoulin = 30 INTs (drafted 1960). 

Bobby Dillon = 29 INTs (drafted 1952).. 

Paul Krause = 28 INTs (drafted 1964). 

Milt Davis = 27 INTs (drafted 1957). 

Don Doll = 26 INTs (drafted 1949).

J.C. JACKSON = 25 INTs. 

✓ What this kid has done as a true #1 lockdown CB of an Interceptions-Artist has never once been seen nor done before; at least not within modern day 🏈 it hasn't. 

But you know what's even more nuts? 

I don't think J.C. Jackson became a full-time starter until year #3 which means throughout the previous two seasons of 2020 and 2021 he's combined for 17 freaking Interceptions!

And outside of only Night Train Lane's 17 Interceptions throughout a two year period; I'm not sure if it's ever been done before?

~ I'm an FSU fan so of course I love Jalen Ramsey but this kid J.C. Jackson is worth every penny that Jalen Ramsey is because J.C. Jackson is more than just an INT MACHINE; he's also a lockdown/blanket of a CB (in coverage) and can play within both man to man as well as zone coverage.

The last time my Jets stole a N.E. Patriots SUPERSTAR was #28 Curtis my favorite Martin; and I think J.C. Jackson would love to play against Bill Belichick 2x per season (moving forward).

And that's why your the Jets!!!!! Good night and now shut the lights out your time is up. Jets fan Ha Ha Ha !!!!