Dallas strengths & weaknesses

Kenrik

Good day, I wanted to compile a list of each NFC playoffs team strengths & weaknesses. Come playoff time its not always about which team has the better overall talent but how strengths & weakness matchup. If you could list in order the strengths & weaknesses, then it'll make my job a lot easier.

Top Strengths (in order)

Top Weaknesses (in order)

Thank you!

Kent

On 1/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, textaz03 said:

Strengths:

1. Pass Rush

2. takeaways

3. Passing game

Weaknesses:

1. Oline

2. run game

3. Penalties 

Oline is the biggest weakness? I dont follow Dallas at all but just assumed they still have a good oline. Interior, tackles or all of the above?

26 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Oline is the biggest weakness? I dont follow Dallas at all but just assumed they still have a good oline. Interior, tackles or all of the above?

The OL is an issue. Martin is still Martin and Smith is still Smith when healthy, but penalties, run blocking and inconsistency have been an issue. LG is a glaring weak link. I should add Bladiasz is solid generally speaking, but I don’t think it would be all that hard to find an upgrade either.

Edited by WizardHawk

14 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Cowboys fans don’t know what OL play across the league looks like. In comparison to some previous years, we are not as good as we used to be. Still think that at least half of NFL teams would trade OLs with us, no question.

Top Strengths (in order)

1. play makers on D.  At all levels.  Parsons, Diggs, D Law and Gregory.

2. Play makers on O at all levels.  Lamb, Coop, Wilson, Schultz, Dak, Zeke (yes still), Pollard.

3. We've routinely won the turn over battle.

Top Weaknesses (in order)

1. Mistakes giving up too many big plays on D. At times struggling to stop the run while giving up big pass plays.

2. OL too inconsistent, some times plays elite some times struggles in both run and pass blocking.

3. Special teams erratic.  kicker missed too many kicks this year.  Too often have terrible field position after receiving kick.