Madden 22 Jacksonville Jaguars 🤡​ Rebuild

Welcome to the Madden 22 rebuild of the Jacksonville Jaguars! This is maybe the 5th year I have done this, and last year I went 18 seasons (the last few were speedruns for retirements) with the Falcons and Broncos. That can be found here

Our forum 🐐 @MKnight82 is in the midst of his Lions rebuild, but I feel with how this year has gone, the Jags are the easy candidate for a blow up. I will start where the Jags are in live time and blow the roster up. As I have done in all of ym past rebuilds, I will aim to replace the entire team within a few years - yes, even Trevor Lawrence and Josh Allen.

I generally set a lot of rules for myself, but this year I will be a little simpler:

1. I can not own more than two 1st round picks, nor two 2nde round picks. There will be no other draft pick limits. 
  2. I will not sign FAs over 75 overall. I typically will only sign UDFAs or a low tier starter if I haven't been able to replace a position through the draft. 
  3. This is a complete SIM league. I will likely stream some games as I did last year at https://www.twitch.tv/shiinyiv. I will be using sliders for sims (both XP and gameplay) - they can be found here for XP and here for gameplay. If I hate these I will find better ones. 

As always, this is only fun with interaction so please comment and complain as much as you want. 

Let's get this started  🤡

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I picked this up in Week 15 so Urban Meyer is already fired. Shad wasted no time in hiring Hugh Mungus as the next Head Coach of the Jags.

There isn't much I can do this year but get a few weeks of scouting in, so this will be a quick off-season. I will probably not load up too much on picks this year with that in mind. 

I will sim losses for the Weeks 15-17 games to match the Jags in real life. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • JBURGE changed the title to Madden 22 Jacksonville Jaguars 🤡​ Rebuild
Posted (edited)

I don't really care about resigning free agents, however I need draft capital, so I should try and retain some of the actual good players the Jags have.

• The Jags have resigned LG Andrew Norwell [83] to a 2 year $19.7M deal
  • The Jags have resigned WR DJ Chark [79] to a 3 year $24M deal
  • The Jags have resigned LT Cam Robinson [74] to a 2 year $13.9M deal (okay, he sucks, but I can probably get a mid round pick for him)

That's about it. The rest of the free agents are JAGs God I am so clever

Edited by JBURGE

2022 Offseason

The Jags finished the year 2-15, as expected. This is where the fun begins. 

Coaching Staff

The Jags have fired their OC and DCs. Bye

• The Jags have hired OC Robert Guzman. He runs a Vertical Power run scheme. I prefer Power running when simming. 
  • The Jags have hired DC Sammy Rios. He runs a 4-3 Quarters defense. Honestly I will probably replace him, I like running Base 43 and there weren't any DCs available who run that. 

I don't think I will go too in detail about what coach / player personnel traits I am upgrading unless people care about that. I am bee-lining the trading boosts to help the rebuild. 

2021 Playoffs

The Cardinals beat the Ravens 50-19 in the Superbowl, wtf.

Justin Herbert won MVP

I will be much more detailed in this but this is basically the current NFL season, so who cares. I will finish the off-season and draft hopefully tomorrow

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Good luck setting up a draft board, it takes forever.

I honestly have no clue how drafting works this year, especially in year 1 where all of the players seem to be scouted 40% excepr REs are 70%?

NFL Free Agency

2022 NFL FREE AGENCY
TEAM

NAME
OVR
TOTAL VALUE
PEANUT GALLERY
COMMENTS

JETS WR DAVANTE ADAMS 99 29 5 $118,000,000 :(
COLTS OT TERRON ARMSTEAD 93 31 2 $39,300,000 THIS IS A GREAT SIGNING
DOLPHINS EDGE VON MILLER 89 33 1 $16,500,000  
PATRIOTS FS DEVIN MCCOURTY 87 35 1 $11,200,000  
DOLPHINS HB MELVIN GORDON 86 29 4 $33,700,000  
CHIEFS FS MARCUS WILLIAMS 84 25 5 $31,500,000  
STEELERS CB DONTE JACKSON 84 26 3 $31,600,000  
LIONS WR MICHAEL GALLUP 83 26 3 $33,800,000 GREAT SIGNING IMO
BENGALS LB DEVONDRE CAMPBELL 82 29 4 $38,500,000 GET PAID SON

2022 Mock Draft

I will show the first and last mock drafts - no point in doing all 5. 

2022 MOCK DRAFT 1
PICK PROJ TEAM POS NAME SCHOOL
1 ROUND 1 JAGUARS QB BRIAN PROCTOR TEXAS A&M
2 T5 LIONS CB JAMIE ALEXANDER RICE
3 T5 TEXANS EDGE NEVILLE BRANSON N CAROLINA
4 T5 GIANTS OLB MARKAIL BRANSON CLEMSON
5 T5 JETS LG JAMES DAYNE MIAMI
6 T5 JETS RG CLAYTON WEBBER GEORGIA
7 ROUND 1 EAGLES DT BRANDON COUSINS LSU
8 ROUND 1 STEELERS WR THOMAS SPRINGS GEORGIA
9 ROUND 1 FALCONS WR SHAQUELLE PARKER OREGON ST
10 ROUND 1 GIANTS RG CHRIS BRISCOE OREGON
11 ROUND 1 PANTHERS LG CAL SUMMERS LOUSIVILLE
12 ROUND 1 VIKINGS DT TYREKE ALLEN FLORIDA
13 ROUND 1 BROWNS EDGE DARRELL MCCREE AUBURN
14 ROUND 1 SAINTS WR ANDREW CABRERA IOWA ST
15 ROUND 1 EAGLES DT GLEN LAMBERT LOUISVILLE
16 ROUND 1-2 RAIDERS WR JALEN SERMONS KANSAS ST
17 ROUND 1 BENGALS MLB JOHNNY STANLEY COLORADO
18 ROUND 1-2 EAGLES WR PAUL SEWELL CLEMSON
19 ROUND 1 FOOTBALL TEAM TE JELANI NOWELL USC
20 ROUND 1-2 BRONCOS WR BYRON NEWELL MICHIGAN ST
21 ROUND 1-2 DOLPHINS LG KC DEAN GEORGIA
22 ROUND 1 LIONS RG JOHN MCCAIN ALABAMA
23 ROUND 1-2 CHARGERS EDGE DAVID PARRISH CLEMSON
24 ROUND 1-2 TITANS CB KEENAN MATTHEWS ALABAMA
25 ROUND 1 BILLS LT BO PARE S CAROLINA
26 ROUND 1 BUCS SS THOMAS FARRELL UCLA
27 ROUND 1 CHIEFS LT JJ OCALLAGHAN CLEMSON
28 ROUND 1-2 PACKERS MLB ADRIAN DALE AUBURN
29 ROUND 1-2 COWBOYS CB TRENT LAMB WASHINGTON ST
30 ROUND 1-2 PATRIOTS WR SWAYNE BALLARD PENN ST
31 ROUND 1 RAVENS LT BEN CRAWFORD NOTRE DAME
32 ROUND 1-2 CARDINALS DT OSCAR FOX PENN ST

The first draft originally had me drafting WR Thomas Springs, but the last two have had me taking QB Brian Proctor. I aunfortunately only have 50% of Proctor scouted, but what I have scouted is very interesting. 

I am going to go over players here, because most of the prospects are under 50% scouted, and therefore I don't want to waste my time making a big board this year. I will of course do this going forward as I have all season to scout. 

Firstly, his name is Proctor, which is awesome. 

He ran a 4.49 at the combine, and followed that up with a 4.43 at his pro day. Would that be the 2nd fastest QB in NFL history behind Lamar's reported 4.34? That is insane, but Madden QBs never scramble, unless they've changed that this year, so I have to put that aside and look at the thrower. He has Good throw power. That isn't really going to cut it for me. Plus, I don't really need a QB year 1 because I am gonna suck even more next year. It would be really tempting if this was a QB I would actually play with, but being a sim I would prefer a pocket passer. 

CB Jamie Alexander is a great looking player. I again only have 50% scouted, but he had acceptable speed 4.47, and after that is top 4 in every other combine category. I always wait too long to find a good corner, and this might be the time to jump on one early. The WR class is pretty uninspiring. 

EDGE Neville Clarke I hav 70% scouted, and he looks pretty good, but he is a pure finesse rusher. His strength is terrible meaning he will never be an all around edge player, and at this point in the rebuild, I can't throw a #1 pick at that. Maybe if I trade down and he falls. 

Trust the Jets to have the 5th and 6th picks and take two guards.

Sewell, Nowell, and Newell gave me a headache typing out. Thanks Madden

Overall I have no clue about this draft class. I am going to trade some players before the draft, but I am not really interested in more picks this year, I would just blow them.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I honestly have no clue how drafting works this year, especially in year 1 where all of the players seem to be scouted 40% excepr REs are 70%?

That’s how it is every season.

Lol upon looking at your draft prospects, I see they use preset non random classes. I drafted QB Proctor, WR Sermons, G Dean, and RE Parrish in mine. Only two are on the roster after 2 years. 

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Lol upon looking at your draft prospects, I see they use preset non random classes. I drafted QB Proctor, WR Sermons, G Dean, and RE Parrish in mine. Only two are on the roster after 2 years. 

Really??? That's actually fairly disappointing....

Hopefully it's at least like a random pool with a lot of possible classes that could occur.

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

bruh this just keeps getting worse. It's too late for to update the class with a new randomly generated one so it is what it is. I was not planning on drafting the QB anyway so hopefully my draft goes better than yours did.