Week 18 GDT - Minuteman Marchin' Miami Meeting Marine Mammals

LD696

6 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Meyers and Henry are catch it and fall down guys.. no YAC at all.. and Mac is built for a YAC offense. It feels almost like they have no idea how to use a deep threat ( Other than Randy Moss) .. Agholor was here to make space and nothing more. Unless someone is willing to trade something for him, he's going to end up being here. 

I think the most immediate way of improving the offense is to stop Meyers from being the #1 target get on the team. 

- Get someone with a high level of YAC potential in the slot ( Likely in the draft)

- Make Jonnu a much larger part of the offense, focusing on getting him the ball in space 

- Agholor will make more plays / be open more with him not being the old speed on the team.. but I'm fine with him mainly being a space creator if the other guys are getting the ball with YAC potential 

- Continue working towards Bourne and Mac developing chemistry .. if he replicated this year over the next couple that's a huge win  

- Start to phase out Meyers on his last year with the team.. focus on him being on the field to help on 3rd down and give a lot of his snaps to new slot / Bourne

- Henry is good and did exactly what we needed from him, if he does that consistently next few years I'll be happy

I agree with all this. I'd phase Meyers out.

It would be kind of solved if you add someone like Waddle to this team. In one go, you've improved the output plus everyone else's production and begun phasing out deadwood

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I agree with all this. I'd phase Meyers out.

It would be kind of solved if you add someone like Waddle to this team. In one go, you've improved the output plus everyone else's production and begun phasing out deadwood

Agreed, grab poor mans Waddle in Wan'Dale Robsinon out of Kentucky and you're in good shape going forward.