Top ten defenses

patriotsheatyan

If we are using all 7 games, I wouldn't count the Saints, but if you look at just how they are playing currently and projecting the rest of the season, i think the Saints defense could possibly end up in the top 10 overall, and possibly top 5 if you look at their defense post week 2, if they keep up the same level of play that is.

17 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Eagles have to be considered as top 10 maybe top 5. Number 1 rush defense in the league (70 yards a game).

Eagles have been excellent vs the rush but the best rush defense is the Broncos with allowing a mere 3.0 yards a rush and zero TDs thus far. 

Also, best of luck in the postseason with Schwartz's scheme. Historically his defensive philosophy has never done well in the playoffs and is usually ousted in the first game. 

13 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Eagles have been excellent vs the rush but the best rush defense is the Broncos with allowing a mere 3.0 yards a rush and zero TDs thus far. 

Also, best of luck in the postseason with Schwartz's scheme. Historically his defensive philosophy has never done well in the playoffs and is usually ousted in the first game. 

Well, I would say this is the best team he’s been on and most talent he’s had in his career.

Also, care to make a bet on us losing that first playoff game (assuming we make it, of course) since  you seem so confident and all?

3 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Eagles have to be considered as top 10 maybe top 5. Number 1 rush defense in the league (70 yards a game).

That's a stretch imo. Denver, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Minnesota are four. It's pretty hard to argue for Philly over every other team right now.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

If we are using all 7 games, I wouldn't count the Saints, but if you look at just how they are playing currently and projecting the rest of the season, i think the Saints defense could possibly end up in the top 10 overall, and possibly top 5 if you look at their defense post week 2, if they keep up the same level of play that is.

Since I'm being General Buzzkill today with the Saints, I'll point out that they haven't faced a single good offense since Week 2 outside of Detroit. Their other games came against the Panthers, Dolphins, Packers (with Hundley), and Bears. They played well against Detroit because of the turnovers and defensive TDs, but they also gave up 24 offensive points to the Lions.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's a stretch imo. Denver, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Minnesota are four. It's pretty hard to argue for Philly over every other team right now.

Atm, i agree that those are the only 4 really better.

However,,,with a healthy Darby finally back, our D goes from very good to very great. 

Best DL in the league, top 3 front 7, and a top safety duo have been paramount to our success. BUT! So far this year, our corners have been significantly better than people seem to think.

Mills was a bottom 3 corner in 2016. And so far in 2017, hes been the most targeted DB in the league. Guy has gotten better every single week and he has that rare gift of a short memory, as hes in mentally tough as hell. Now hes the DPOTW and looking solid. P Rob has been one of the best "under the radar" corners this season, and Rasul Douglas looks less and less like a mid round rookie...dudes gonna be a good player.

Anyway, Id say were in the 5-7 range so far this year...and will be top 3 with Darby now back, and then having Sidney Jones either late this season or the start of 2018 as well, suddenly our only weakness on defense will become a strength.

10 hours ago, BAConrad said:

However,,,with a healthy Darby finally back, our D goes from very good to very great. 

Best DL in the league, top 3 front 7, and a top safety duo have been paramount to our success. BUT! So far this year, our corners have been significantly better than people seem to think.

Mills was a bottom 3 corner in 2016. And so far in 2017, hes been the most targeted DB in the league. Guy has gotten better every single week and he has that rare gift of a short memory, as hes in mentally tough as hell. Now hes the DPOTW and looking solid. P Rob has been one of the best "under the radar" corners this season, and Rasul Douglas looks less and less like a mid round rookie...dudes gonna be a good player.

Anyway, Id say were in the 5-7 range so far this year...and will be top 3 with Darby now back, and then having Sidney Jones either late this season or the start of 2018 as well, suddenly our only weakness on defense will become a strength.

Yea, that's not what I was saying. 

On 11/4/2017 at 3:46 AM, BAConrad said:

This is what you said just a week or so ago regarding the Eagles defense:

I mean if you want to bring up defenses (which btw ours is the 14th overall..not as good as it should be thanks to our gruesome pass defense) 

22 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Well, I would say this is the best team he’s been on and most talent he’s had in his career.

Also, care to make a bet on us losing that first playoff game (assuming we make it, of course) since  you seem so confident and all?

What does stating the historical postseason results of the attacking 4-3 wide 9 scheme have to do with my confidence?

11 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

What does stating the historical postseason results of the attacking 4-3 wide 9 scheme have to do with my confidence?

Well, when you combine that with the sarcastic “best of luck” tone/expression, there seems to be the implication that you believe “history will repeat itself” and that our team will not survive the first round due to Schwartz’s scheme as it does “usually”.  

Is that not what you were implying? Or did I read into that incorrectly? Were you just stating random, useless facts for no reason?

Archived