Top ten defenses

patriotsheatyan

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

if they would have played well and won, you would have said you were right... so either way you were right. 

Make sense. GTFO dude.

Nope I was half right. That they wouldn't be supported by the offense. I was half wrong also. I can admit that. But you are proving me right in another way. Thank you.

Just now, Counselor said:

Nope I was half right. That they wouldn't be supported by the offense. I was half wrong also. I can admit that. But you are proving me right in another way. Thank you.

What does the offense have to do with Talib getting beat all over the place by Alshon or Ajayi running all over your defense.

Dude they didn't show up today... just admit it. They are still a good defense, just not today.Take your loss and move on.

17 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Guys, just put the Eagles in your top-5 defense or this will turn into a 20 pager...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA 

I love this. 

Next year if we can keep everyone together and healthy then maybe. Our run defense is stout, no arguing that, but missing Jordan Hicks, Ronald Darby, and a very promising young CB in Sidney Jones isn't helping.

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

What does the offense have to do with Talib getting beat all over the place by Alshon or Ajayi running all over your defense.

Dude they didn't show up today... just admit it. They are still a good defense, just not today.Take your loss and move on.

They were trash. Like I said win a super bowl and come celebrate with me. 

As far as Denver's defense is concerned, they're still one of the best.  One really bad outing doesn't change that.  I actually think the Eagles offense should be credited a lot because they're continuing to prove every week how great they are.  Carson Wentz is currently my league MVP.

Seattle's defense preformed really poorly last week vs the Texans.  It happens sometimes.

30 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Anyone can say what they want on here. I would hope for more depth to follow though... unfortunately the classless depthless individuals are often found here. 

You trash talked......if you trash talk you have to be able to handle the return after you've been showed up.

It's classless to trash talk.....

On 11/4/2017 at 1:40 AM, Carmen Cygni said:
On 11/4/2017 at 1:19 AM, Eagles $5$ said:

Eagles have to be considered as top 10 maybe top 5. Number 1 rush defense in the league (70 yards a game).

Eagles have been excellent vs the rush but the best rush defense is the Broncos with allowing a mere 3.0 yards a rush and zero TDs thus far. 

Eagles - 37 for 197 (5.3 YPC) - 3 TD
Broncos - 19 for 35 (1.8 YPC) - 0 TD

0tjEaHY.jpg

2 minutes ago, Blahman88 said:

You trash talked......if you trash talk you have to be able to handle the return after you've been showed up.

It's classless to trash talk.....

I wasn't trash talking. I said they would see a real defense and that the defense wouldn't be supported by the offense. I never claimed we would win I knew we would get throttled I said it in the Broncos game thread. I also didn't take a shot at the Eagles defense when I said that... that's not what I was doing. 

As for the Eagles and YPC, a lot of it has to do with opposing QB's running the ball A LOT on pass plays.

Cam Newton and CJ Beathard combined for 111 yards rushing on 17 attempts against us. Kirk Cousins week 1 was their leading rusher with 4 carries for 30 yards. A bit misleading to look at the average yards per carry against us.

If you're looking at just Runningbacks, the Eagles defense is only giving up about 3.3 Yards per carry.

We aren't necessarily the best running defense in the league, because teams hardly get a chance rushing against us being down most of the game. Opposing teams only average about 15 running back rushing attempt per game against us.

34 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Denver is still a real defense. Denver got whooped by a great offense. Eagles got scored on by Brock... I'd take Denver's D over the Eagles D with that offense any day. 

Offsides penalties by your defense were a very big issue today. You guys definitely have the more talented corners, and Von Miller is a beast, but outside of that I'd say it's probably the eagles by a slight edge. As a whole yes, you guys are better.

32 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I mean, I'd say Eagles front 7 passes the eye-test, at least. I'd take Denver's secondary over Phillie's haul though. 

@BAConrad agree, or am I being harsh on Eagles secondary....?

Jalen Mills is improving, but he's still not as good as Rasul Douglas, Ronald Darby, Sidney Jones, or Patrick Robinson if you ask me. He's a weak link that can absolutely be exposed. Rasul Douglas is more often than not amazing, but can definitely be exposed sometimes. Patrick Robinson has played amazingly as our slot CB. Sidney Jones would have been a top half the first round pick if not for his injury. Have no reason to believe Darby will be shabby.

Archived