Top ten defenses

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I was laughing at the fact that you know our fan base on here, or at least I thought you did, about how we generally take peoples opinions too personally/seriously. But by your last comment it's become clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Eagles Fans threw SNOWBALLS at Santa. Over 50 years ago.
ONE eagles fan threw batteries at JD Drew.

I was watching Dallas/Philly games on black&white TVs since the the 80's with Buddy Ryan as the HC, so I think I have an overall grasp.  Your fanbase, as a whole, is Bipolar in that there is no middle ground.  Anything that's going great is over-hyped to the extreme and when things don't go your way, you eat your own/want to blow everything up.  So that's why I advised the non-Eagle posters (especially those not familiar with the NCFE) to just "go with it" and avoid conflict.

18 hours ago, Counselor said:

I wasn't trash talking. I said they would see a real defense and that the defense wouldn't be supported by the offense. I never claimed we would win I knew we would get throttled I said it in the Broncos game thread. I also didn't take a shot at the Eagles defense when I said that... that's not what I was doing. 

But can you not see the connotation you gave, if you meant to or not?

"You'll see a real defence"

It implies you're being boastful, so it's justified for an Eagles fan to come back and and say 51 in an equally as boastful manner.

The reply isn't classless, the response is in line with the intial comment, whether the intent was there or not.

Just saw PFF has Lattimore ranked as #1 Coverage CB, Kenny Vaccaro as  #4 (Slot) and Ken Crawley at #20. For whatever PFF gradings mean to everyone.

Surprised Vaccaro made such a leap as a coverage guy. He's been playing out of him mind this year. He looks stiff when playing the run, which has been his strong suit up until this year. All the sudden coverage just "clicked" with him this year.

29 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Just saw PFF has Lattimore ranked as #1 Coverage CB, Kenny Vaccaro as  #4 (Slot) and Ken Crawley at #20. For whatever PFF gradings mean to everyone.

Surprised Vaccaro made such a leap as a coverage guy. He's been playing out of him mind this year. He looks stiff when playing the run, which has been his strong suit up until this year. All the sudden coverage just "clicked" with him this year.

Vacarro strikes me as a guy that picks up his game when he wants to.  He was dang good in 2013 also.  Although he has been much better in coverage this year.  He already has almost as many passes defensed this year than he did in 2013.

Its gotta be more motivating when you know you're not the worst defense in NFL history.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Vacarro strikes me as a guy that picks up his game when he wants to.

Same. I've always had an issue with his hustle and motor.

Kinda worrisome that his best season has been in a contract year. :|

Vaccaro is elite at times, and one of the worst players in football at other times. This year it's been the former. His rookie season it was the former. He just needs to be playing the right role, like he is now. I hope we re-sign him, just actually play him as a "joker" type role, that's exactly what he needs. Use him as a normal SS and he's gonna suck. 

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Vaccaro is elite at times, and one of the worst players in football at other times. This year it's been the former. His rookie season it was the former. He just needs to be playing the right role, like he is now. I hope we re-sign him, just actually play him as a "joker" type role, that's exactly what he needs. Use him as a normal SS and he's gonna suck. 

To sign him to just play the "joker" is probably going to be too expensive.  I think he's going to want to get paid and honestly there are probably others coming up that I would pay before him.  Heck I would renegotiate Lattimore into a top 10 CB contract based off today's standards but extended it to a 12 year contract before I would pay Vaccaro top 10 safety money to just play the "joker."

1 minute ago, Raves said:

To sign him to just play the "joker" is probably going to be too expensive.  I think he's going to want to get paid and honestly there are probably others coming up that I would pay before him.  Heck I would renegotiate Lattimore into a top 10 CB contract based off today's standards but extended it to a 12 year contract before I would pay Vaccaro top 10 safety money to just play the "joker."

I agree with this.

Archived