Vic Fangio fired

Broncofan

34 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

If Quinn is hired, goodbye 3-4 defense (although, doesn't he have a scheme that uses a modified 3-4 at times or something?).

TBH, we probably would be well served to go there.  Chubb is likely far better as a 4-3 end, and I think Dre'mont Jones would thrive in either scheme.   I think Kenny Young would still thrive in a 4-3.   Same for Browning, I think he might be better suited there TBH.  Also wouldn't matter as much as our present ILB / EDGE corps is our thinnest area, if there's a time to change, it's actually now.  Wouldn't affect our secondary so if it's not affecting our best young guys. I'm all for it.

I don't like changing a scheme and making our best players fit - but this seems like it actually might help our young core in the front 7. 

Edited by Broncofan

27 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Kellen Moore or Doug Pederson, I would be ok with. 

Kellen Moore is 33 years old, has been a coach for only 4 years, a coordinator for only three and has as much offensive talent as you’ll find on a roster in this league that plays in a crap division. Hard pass for me. 

27 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Glad Paton acted quickly - as Broncofan said - kicking the FG last night summed up the entire Fangio era in Denver - try to make the score look respectable rather than win the game.

I would support Quinn or Allen with McDaniels or Kubiak as OC - or Hackett is it helped get Rodgers.

I hope you mean McDaniel, meaning Mike McDaniel, not McDaniels. 

For some reason I can’t get the tweet to copy but Albright seems to think Quinn + McDaniel is a real possibility. Have to give McDaniel an Asst HC title but he would get playcalling here (Kyle calls the offense in SF), he started here as an intern and has worked with Quinn before. That might be my favorite pairing right there, I wouldn’t mind Klint Kubiak as OC under Quinn either. 

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Kellen Moore is 33 years old, has been a coach for only 4 years, a coordinator for only three and has as much offensive talent as you’ll find on a roster in this league that plays in a crap division. Hard pass for me. 

We have lots of talent on offense too. All we're missing is something better than Teddy

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That means in 10 years Kellen will be 43

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

For some reason I can’t get the tweet to copy but Albright seems to think Quinn + McDaniel is a real possibility. Have to give McDaniel an Asst HC title but he would get playcalling here (Kyle calls the offense in SF), he started here as an intern and has worked with Quinn before. That might be my favorite pairing right there, I wouldn’t mind Klint Kubiak as OC under Quinn either. 

The fact that McDaniel doesn't do any play calling would make a hire here a promotion (the AC title is the paper trail, but the upgrade in responsibilities would be seen as very legitimate and exactly what the league was looking for when they made the anti-poaching rules).   

I'd be totally good with either Mike McDaniel or Klint Kubiak - what I like about both is they're totally committed to the Shanny WCO, they've shown success in establishing balance - and they're still young enough to keep growing.   They embrace a lot of new era concepts, but also have had success getting a strong run AND pass game.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Ewww...McDaniel is from Aurora and went to Yale