Vic Fangio fired

Broncofan

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Kellen Moore is 33 years old, has been a coach for only 4 years, a coordinator for only three and has as much offensive talent as you’ll find on a roster in this league that plays in a crap division. Hard pass for me. 

Zac Taylor, McVay and Kingsbury also had short tenures before becoming HCs. Would you not want them as coaches?

We all hated McDaniels, but that doesn't mean every young HC is inept.

Glad we acted quickly in firing Fangio. The reality is, he simply wasn't good enough all around. A HC needs to be more than a good DC with poor time/game management and a losing record. Ultimately that's what Fangio was. It's a shame the other 2/3 of the coaching staff was poor, and that was his undoing. He could've made changes at any point and didn't.

I think, contrary to what some may think, Denver will be able to basically attract any coach they want. Paton is clearly well respected in the league, and likely among coaches and their agents as well, which means there's a lot of opportunity to attract a good staff here.

I actually think Denver will go after an offensive minded HC this time around. Quinn is an option of course, but Denver has a TON of young players on offense and just paid their WRs a ton of money. They aren't going to make the same mistake with a neutered offense again.

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Glad we acted quickly in firing Fangio. The reality is, he simply wasn't good enough all around. A HC needs to be more than a good DC with poor time/game management and a losing record. Ultimately that's what Fangio was. It's a shame the other 2/3 of the coaching staff was poor, and that was his undoing. He could've made changes at any point and didn't.

I think, contrary to what some may think, Denver will be able to basically attract any coach they want. Paton is clearly well respected in the league, and likely among coaches and their agents as well, which means there's a lot of opportunity to attract a good staff here.

I actually think Denver will go after an offensive minded HC this time around. Quinn is an option of course, but Denver has a TON of young players on offense and just paid their WRs a ton of money. They aren't going to make the same mistake with a neutered offense again.

Would have no problem going with a defence-first HC if he brought a competent OC to hand the offence over to. Quinn + McDaniel/Kubiak would work. Also, I’m guessing Zac Taylor calls plays in Cincy. I wonder if Brian Callahan would be a candidate for the associate head coach promotion, as well. I really like his résumé.

I think this team still needs a tenured head coach.  Still too young on offense to take a chance on Kellen Moore, or my choice Kevon O'Connell.

If I had a pick to progress this team forward I would hire Bill O'Brien and let him pick an OC paired with Matt Patricia at DC.

It accomplishes the need for a HC with an Offensive background and the maturity and wisdom to not get bullied by the fans and team.  

It would give us a season or two to commit to Lock while we sort out the ownership with good leadership (No QB is worth a Top 10 pick IMO this year).  And the pipe dream of Bronco Nation that Rogers or Wilson come here the best chance as no Vet wants to deal with an unproven HC (Think John Fox and Peyton Manning).

My simple take.

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That’s better than going to CU. I’m fine with someone who grew up in Aurora and went to Yale. It’sYale. Even I couldn’t get into Yale. 

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That’s better than going to CU. I’m fine with someone who grew up in Aurora and went to Yale. It’sYale. Even I couldn’t get into Yale. 

McDaniel from Aurora?  He went to Smoky Hill High School..Thats like comparing the ghetto to the suburbs. The Yale thing though... LOL ..  

40 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Huh? Hey patriots f*** head, go away.

Huh?  AAA, where you coming in with the hater stuff?  I've been MIA for a long time, but the insult of being called a Pat's mole?  Yowza.   Think you have the wrong McDaniel...ie, I reference Mike McDaniel, not the one that's named Josh McDaniels.. 

34 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I know he's not fully to blame for it but Dan Quinn isn't that far removed from sucking in Atlanta after a fluke SB appearance 

It’s a team whose best players got old / past their prime shortly after 2017.   It killed both the OL and their D.   Huge killer combination.  

It’s no coincidence that the 2021 Falcons squad absolutely sucked this year - their -146 point differential was 6th worst in the league.    Much like how we were never a good team after 2016.   

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

It’s a team whose best players got old / past their prime shortly after 2017.   It killed both the OL and their D.   Huge killer combination.  

It’s no coincidence that the 2021 Falcons squad absolutely sucked this year - their -146 point differential was 6th worst in the league.    Much like how we were never a good team after 2016.   

Interesting you should point that out. There's good reason to be optimistic as our point differential went from -123 last year to +13 this year. Thats a huge swing if you're interested in team trajectory.