Vic Fangio fired

Broncofan

21 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair AAA has no beef with BB.  Just his coaching tree lol. 

That is actually correct. If BB was available, I’d be fine hiring him. Paton never would, as BB would demand full control and he’s beginning to emulate the latter portion of Mike’s years here when BB the GM is hurting BB the Head Coach. 

That said, when you look at the history of every single New England coach or front office official who has take a job elsewhere, the results are always identical. They fire or dismiss everyone who does not have ties to that tree, undermine those who do stick around before eventually firing/cutting them, they try to enact total control of all things (read about Flores trying to control the Miami PR group), they surround themselves with lackeys and yes-men, they drive everyone totally crazy, ultimately alienate everyone and finally an owner gets tired of all that crap, almost always coupled with a losing record, and moves on.

It’s as predicable as the tides. 

The fact that the Jags appear to be about to hire Bill O’Brein absolutely floors me. If that organization had a fanbase, they’d revolt against Kahn. Trent Baalke (who is an awful GM) will be out of a job in less than a year as O’Brein will clean house, fill the staff with yes-men, and ruin Trevor Lawrence’s career. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I agree with this entire post. IMO we've now had two great DC's, Joe Collier and now Vic. They're not easy to replace.

Looking on the bright side though, our DC and entire staff are still under contract. Our best chance of retaining a top 10 defense is to maintain the staff we have, the system we have and head into it's 4th year under a new HC. 

No sense throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I would add Son of Bum to that list.

I would not be against keeping the Defensive staff (especially Kolar, Herring, and Beake) I like donatell but his calling of plays on game day has laft something to be desired in the past.

my one concern would be the fact that  they have spent the last 3 years with fangio where by all accounts an “us vs them” culture has taken hold between the offense and defense. If the HC is a new one it may be hard to overcome that which could lead to failure before we even get started. In that case I’d be all for taking a step back defensively to prepare to move many steps forward as a team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I would add Son of Bum to that list.

I would not be against keeping the Defensive staff (especially Kolar, Herring, and Beake) I like donatell but his calling of plays on game day has laft something to be desired in the past.

my one concern would be the fact that  they have spent the last 3 years with fangio where by all accounts an “us vs them” culture has taken hold between the offense and defense. If the HC is a new one it may be hard to overcome that which could lead to failure before we even get started. In that case I’d be all for taking a step back defensively to prepare to move many steps forward as a team

Yeah Wade should be in the HOF. 

I’m with you as well with Kollar, Reggie Herring and Beake. George said the new coach will pick his staff - I don’t believe Munchak leaves absent a major offer, regardless of who the new HC is. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah Wade should be in the HOF. 

I’m with you as well with Kollar, Reggie Herring and Beake. George said the new coach will pick his staff - I don’t believe Munchak leaves absent a major offer, regardless of who the new HC is. 

Guys listen. I'm one of Wades biggest fans. Basically age contemporaries and have followed his career in Denver and out for decades. Out of everyone in pro sports if I could have some bar time with one of them Wade would be the guy. He's very funny and immensely likable. That said, he's not in the Fangio/Collier level as far as DC.

If you give Wade top 5 talent he'll give you an exciting top 5 defense. If you give him bottom 5 talent you'll get an exciting bottom 5 defense. Fangio and Collier are pretty rare in their ability to dial up great D's regardless of talent level. What Fangio did with our D this year was truly remarkable.