GDT Week 18 vs Steelers - Let’s Get This Season Over With

Ray Reed

54 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Can’t agree. Mekari has never proven to be trash. So projecting trash RT play and also saying “he doesn’t deserve to be a starter anywhere” just sounds foolish. Dude has been average to above average (usually more likely to be above average) at every position he’s played.

If you had simply been assuming he gets one starting spot and that led to one of the other spots being bad, I could’ve potentially agreed. You consistently seem to talk about Mekari as if he’s trash to below average the last few years. Honestly have no clue how we’ve been watching the same player.

...?

I said he’s a great swing guy for all positions but I don’t think he’s a guy you want starting 17 at a set position all year. I think his best value to the team is the next man up at numerous positions on the OL. I think he’s a high-end backup LT, RT, and C. How is that saying he’s trash?

The 2 year $12 mil extension he got suggests the Ravens view him in the same light.

Id be willing to bet he isn’t an opening day starter next year and exactly what I said - next man up at several positions.

Edited by Ray Reed

44 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

IMO the single most important question facing the coaching staff is:

"How do we best develop Lamar's passing game?" 

I just don't think Roman is the right guy for that job.  

I'd hire Klint Kubiak, assuming Zimmer and his staff are fired. Putting Lamar in a Shanahan/Kubiak system would be lethal. 

I mean, we had 3 QB's all play this year who produced in this scheme. The scheme produced 2 1,000-yard pass catchers and Mark Andrews went nuclear.

There's no reason to think that with all the people coming back + draft capitol, the foundation isn't there. We also invested in Keith Williams and the other coach and our WR's took strides this year.

And that all combined with Roman's concepts in the ground game can absolutely continue churning results. The #1 thing for Lamar is basically just on himself and James Urban at this point, not Greg Roman. If Lamar can't go through reads and find open WR's, that's not Roman's fault.

• Like 2