T.J. Watt has tied the single season NFL sack record 22.5

Trojan

Myles Garrett has been, by far, the most overrated defensive player in the league since being drafted. He's a one-dimensional pass rusher who isn't even the best pass rusher in his own division. He is beat by Watt in every statistical category since the two entered the league and it's not even close.

And I can't believe there are football fans who would defend Strahan's record. Yea, not all sacks are built the same, but he didn't get some coverage sack of Favre. Favre literally told his tackle to let Strahan through to give him the record. It was one of the most shameful displays I've seen on a football field.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 43M said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t-j-watt-by-the-numbers-steelers-star-chasing-reggie-white-for-best-start-by-pass-rusher-in-nfl-history/

Watt is actually 2nd in QB pressures with 48, just behind Garrett.   Different places might have different numbers, but 23rd in the league?  Haha...that guy is clueless....so it makes sense that you cited him.    

Oh, and Watt was hurt most of the year, missed two games, parts of 3 others, and still outperformed Garrett overall.

Its cool.   Keep trying to discredit him.

Enioy the bottom of the division....again.

Just to top it off, the guy he's linking to is a parody PFF account.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Myles Garrett has 1 sack in the last month. Wonder if people are still going to overwhelming say that Garrett is better even though it's very clear to anyone who watches AFC North football that Watt has always been better.

Myles has been playing hurt the last month…I was hoping they’d double up on Watt instead of drafting Njoku, but here we are. 

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Myles has been playing hurt the last month…I was hoping they’d double up on Watt instead of drafting Njoku, but here we are. 

Yeah I’d take them both. 

Healthy Myles is the better player but I’d take Watt too. 

No issue here with Watt winning award this year. Especially with the Colts choking now and Pitt playing on.

18 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

There is literally nothing to back this up. 

The intent of my post wasn’t for the purposes of a debate. It’s opinion on both sides. Myles Garrett wasn’t even a part of this thread until Steelers fans started making him one. So, yes, there are plenty of statistical measures that do support it. But I don’t see the need to go there, you can look at some of the advanced stats for yourself if you like, both for this year and past years. As far as sacks this year, Watt has certainly surpassed Garrett and I’m not arguing that he deserves the award. Great and fantastic player, good for him.

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The intent of my post wasn’t for the purposes of a debate. It’s opinion on both sides. Myles Garrett wasn’t even a part of this thread until Steelers fans started making him one. So, yes, there are plenty of statistical measures that do support it. But I don’t see the need to go there, you can look at some of the advanced stats for yourself if you like, both for this year and past years. As far as sacks this year, Watt has certainly surpassed Garrett and I’m not arguing that he deserves the award. Great and fantastic player, good for him.

Ironically it was a Ravens fan that started it. Truly shocking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I was annoyed when the browns took Njoku right before the steelers picked watt that night 🤣

And where did the Browns get that draft pick they invested in Njoku ?
From the Packers...who traded out of that spot - because they didn't believe in the kid from WI.

Congrats to TJ and he should be awarded the record anyways, since Favre laid down for Strahan on sack # 22.5

On 1/9/2022 at 2:35 PM, wackywabbit said:

Myles Garrett has 1 sack in the last month. Wonder if people are still going to overwhelming say that Garrett is better even though it's very clear to anyone who watches AFC North football that Watt has always been better.

Watt will still somehow open up as the 3rd best odds for DPoTY next year behind Donald (understandable) and Garrett. Some people will call Garrett better for a 3% better PRWR and 5% better DBL TEAM Rate even though Watt drops into coverage on 10% of snaps versus Myles 10 total snaps all season.

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

And where did the Browns get that draft pick they invested in Njoku ?
From the Packers...who traded out of that spot - because they didn't believe in the kid from WI.

Congrats to TJ and he should be awarded the record anyways, since Favre laid down for Strahan on sack # 22.5

Yeah, but Aaron Laid down for TJ for sack #5 on the year. and the Baker slide was given to him even though he wasn't closest. But then again he should've gotten a half sack yesterday that was poorly ruled a RTP because the QB ducked his head into Heyward. And then there's the aborted snap. So I have no qualms about him trying the record. He's firmly established himself as the only other guy in the Aaron Donald tier of defenders...