WEEK 9 -- Falcons @ Carolina

coors

WEEK 9 -- Falcons @ Carolina

---

Pretty crazy that this is our first division game of the season.. and it's Week 9.

Not sure what exactly is going on with Carolina.. they traded Benjamin right at the deadline.. and even though he has had an up and down career, IMO he was their best offensive thread not named Cam Newton. As a rookie, Benjamin looked as if he was going to be a big time threat and would keep getting better and better.. unfortunately for him and for the Panthers, he has looked worse and worse as his career has progressed. I will give him a little pass because of the injury that sidelined him.. but that pass is almost up.. when those pictures showed up of him reporting back to the team.. I'm not here to body shame a guy.. but he looked a lot heavier than he ever did through his career at FSU and how he looked with Carolina. Ever since around that time, it seemed to just get worse and worse for him. SOOOO.. sorry for that little rant guys. 

From the second that the Panthers lost the Super Bowl, Cam has not looked right. Seems as if they maybe botched his shoulder issue.. not as bad as the Colts seemingly did with Luck.. but something just doesn't seem right.

Their starting RB is on the wrong side of 30.

McCaffrey, their first round pick at RB/feed him the ball.. the offense doesn't seem to know exactly what they want to do with him yet. Just from the eye test.. guy looks really fast. Looks extremely quick.. pretty much as advertised.. however he does look pretty small though. If someone can square this kid up and legitimately lay the wood on him.. looks like he may snap in half.

McCaffrey looked to be their best WR before Benjamin got the boot.. and McCaffrey seems as if he will still be their best receiver on the team.. which is not good for their offense. As actual WRs go.. they've got nobody. 

-

I could keep going on and on about their offense.

Now, their defense reminds me of their great D's of the past. Front 7 always loos good and stout. When it comes to their D, I still think letting Norman go was a bad idea. The D has been good without him.. but without him, the D can't be on that elite level. They need studs on the back end, badly. Still a good D, but just not what it could be.

--

I'll probbly add something here and there before the game starts.

Let go Falcons. 

Good luck, Carolina.

Didn't really feel like posting during the game because what was there to say? 

Problems with this team right now:

Oline can't get a push in the running game and was over matched in pass protection

Telvin Coleman and Gabriel are being misused (apart from like 1 play). Both need the ball in space. 

Execution. Matt overthrowing JJ, Matt running into sacks, JJ not catching the most crucial ball of the game. Hooper falling down. The list goes on. 

The frustrating thing is that you can tell this team has the potential to be really, really good. Normally I'd say 4-4 isn't a bad place to be at this stage of the season but I doubt it will get turned around. I'd be okay with Kubiak coming instead of Sark. Sark needs to be an assistent coordinator for atleast a season or two because right now the Offense is just painful to watch. 

• 1 month later...

Archived