For the second straight year, the Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick

pwny

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Throw the whole bag at Godwin (if he’s allowed to test FA) or Gallup, imo. Idc about the ACL’s.

I don’t think Godwin is getting out now. But go get Gallup + Williams and then trade up to 1.20-1.25 and get someone else. Don’t play games with it, give Trevor all the damn weapons you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I don’t think Godwin is getting out now. But go get Gallup + Williams and then trade up to 1.20-1.25 and get someone else. Don’t play games with it, give Trevor all the damn weapons you can.

Wouldn’t even be upset if he was the 1st overall pick. We’d get flamed for it, but the only way this franchise moves forward is if Lawrence has a chance.

He hasn’t had a chance thus far.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wouldn’t even be upset if he was the 1st overall pick. We’d get flamed for it, but the only way this franchise moves forward is if Lawrence has a chance.

He hasn’t had a chance thus far.

Oh. I was talking about getting Mike Williams in Free Agency. 

I’d love for us to find a way to go get Garrett, Jameo, Olave or whoever ends up looking like the #1 WR by the time the draft rolls around. But barring an intelligent move that way, I think you might have to make a move for two 800+ yard vets and then get whichever of Olave, London, Burks, Pickett, etc. that they like the most for the offense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is there a way to get both WRs? Man…those guys and Neal would completely change this offense. 

They have the money to do it. Just a matter of if the Bucs give Godwin a chance to test FA and you trust signing two guys coming off ACL injuries to monster deals. I’d be really leery with trusting my entire offense to two guys coming back 100% on an 8 month recovery.

I just think back to last draft. Had none of the QBs been there Sewell would have likely been the top pick and Chase would’ve been talked about in elite company but “WRs can’t go that high.” 

Looking back now, if Chase would’ve went 1st overall everyone would’ve been eating their words.

I don’t think we do it (and I don’t know that Jameo or Wilson will be viewed highly enough to do it), but man does this org need one of them/Olave/Burks or maybe London. 

On 1/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, .Buzz said:

I just think back to last draft. Had none of the QBs been there Sewell would have likely been the top pick and Chase would’ve been talked about in elite company but “WRs can’t go that high.” 

Looking back now, if Chase would’ve went 1st overall everyone would’ve been eating their words.

I don’t think we do it (and I don’t know that Jameo or Wilson will be viewed highly enough to do it), but man does this org need one of them/Olave/Burks or maybe London. 

That's gonna be the whole situation.  We need a WR of that calibre, and everybody knows it.  There's also not really a QB for anyone to pay the price to trade up to grab.  So we may just sorta be stuck into the whole idea of drafting a WR #1 Overall.  And frankly...if that's what it comes down to, i'd support it.  The stigma of #1 pick can intimidate people away from making the right choice...but it's what we need, and there are a couple guys who might be worthy of it this year.  Just do it i guess.