The AFC Goes Through Nashville (Bye Week Edition)

Mesa_Titan

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man, i really hope that second half vs houston was an aberration. because you know cincy is gonna be licking their chops looking at that.

This feels like one of those games where we are all worried about a matchup and what the spread offense is going to do to us, then Vrabel comes through with a god like game plan to shut down Chase and stymie their offense.

You know everyone is gonna pick Cincy in this game.

I will admit I am a little scared but I believe these are the games you have to respond and smack a team in the mouth. We will.

Edited by twotonebluenation

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

I hope we send Burrow packing hard. 

I want Big Jeff to live in his nightmares this off-season.

we'll need the secondary to play a hell of a game. the raiders have a pretty formidable pass rush themselves but cincy were largely able to beat it through the quick game and chase beating up on them.

17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we'll need the secondary to play a hell of a game. the raiders have a pretty formidable pass rush themselves but cincy were largely able to beat it through the quick game and chase beating up on them.

Ours is definitely much better, Raiders were 20th in the NFL in sacks.

One interesting thing with the Bengals is they’ve only played two road games since Thanksgiving (2 out of 8 games). They only average 15.5 points in those two games, albeit one of those games was the week 18 game against the Browns without Burrow. So Burrow hasn’t played in a road game since December 19. It’ll be interesting to see what effect, if any, a road playoff atmosphere will have on them. 

One other thing. Jonnu Smith with no targets in a playoff game loss after a season of only having 28 receptions, 294 yards and only 1 TD is just….yikes. Think about how disappointing Firkser felt this year, then realize he basically put up better numbers than Jonnu (34/291/2).

Edited by TitanSlim

8 hours ago, -Hope- said:

I think our defense is better at basically every level.

Raiders have a good pass rush from the edge, but don't have the ability to wreck the interior like we do with Simmons and Autry. I really think that will be key against Burrow.

Raiders were so banged up in that game on defense. They were missing players and then saw multiple players go down. The fact that they held on as much as they did was credible.

Missing Abram at safety. Facyson went down. Then started relying on Desmond Trufant in single coverage to guard Chase. Yikes.

Field position will be enormous in this game. Hopefully we won't have to punt, but if we do, Kern having a big game would be awesome.

Burrows arrogance needs to be grounded. And I hope we are the ones to put him in the dirt.