Draft Talk: Giants @ 1.5 & 1.7

Acgott

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The more film I watch on him the more I see why the front office fell in love with him.  You're right he isn't fast but he has a tremendous burst of speed, start and stop speed, angles, route running, power for a man his size, vision to find open space.  I'm looking forward to seeing if these attributes transfer to the pros.

The one player I felt like we could have done better is Marcus McKethan (Round 5, No. 173), liked that we went OL with the pick, but when I watch film of him against other teams, he is getting pushed back into the pocket pretty often.  For a man his size that was the last thing I'd expect to see.  While it looks like he can pull, he just didn't seem to do much once he got into open space.  Drafted this late, he'll be given time to develop so we'll see how that goes.

Other than that I've very pleased with how this draft unfolded.  Think Joe and his staff did a great job his first year with a new team.  We now have a defensive and offensive line, when was the last time we had this?  Can't wait to see these units on the field.

Kid is small but good lord, he plays big.  

• Like 1

Robinson is similar to Toney, but there are a few major differences, the 2 most important being size (5'8" 175 vs 6' 190) and speed (4.44 vs 4.38 40 yard dash). 

For one though, it makes you realize how much a specimen Toney is that he can do what he does physically. And two, it makes you realize that the Giants are gonna be a funky offense. Remember those half-baked, ineffective gadget plays Garrett tried a few times last year? Substitute those with variations of plays out of KC's offense, with Toney and/or Robinson, and multiply the quantity/frequency by 10. I think overall I'm less impressed by the pick and more intrigued by what it means for this offense. We know Jones can run. Barkley is an elite receiving back. With Toney and Robinson in the mix now, we're gonna get weird. Should be fun!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Robinson is similar to Toney, but there are a few major differences, the 2 most important being size (5'8" 175 vs 6' 190) and speed (4.44 vs 4.38 40 yard dash). 

For one though, it makes you realize how much a specimen Toney is that he can do what he does physically. And two, it makes you realize that the Giants are gonna be a funky offense. Remember those half-baked, ineffective gadget plays Garrett tried a few times last year? Substitute those with variations of plays out of KC's offense, with Toney and/or Robinson, and multiply the quantity/frequency by 10. I think overall I'm less impressed by the pick and more intrigued by what it means for this offense. We know Jones can run. Barkley is an elite receiving back. With Toney and Robinson in the mix now, we're gonna get weird. Should be fun!

The only difference for me is Robinson is a much more advanced route runner than Toney was. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Cowboys 'leaked' their own big board when Jerruh showed the media that sheet of paper after they took that kid from Tulsa. Their #1 player was Kayvon Thibodeaux, and their #2 player was Evan Neal.

Can you provide a link of this?

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Can you provide a link of this?

https://theathletic.com/3292476/2022/05/03/cowboys-draft-board-jerry-jones/

Stephen Jones said before the draft that the Cowboys had 14 to 16 first-round grades. After the first round, it was revealed that they had 14, which matches up with 14 names listed in the top box. Judging by this enhanced photo, those 14 would be:

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon: drafted at No. 5 by the Giants.

2. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama: drafted at No. 7 by the Giants.

3. Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan: drafted at No. 2 by the Lions.

4. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State: drafted at No. 10 by the Jets.

5. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati: drafted at No. 4 by the Jets.

6. Derek Stingley, CB, LSU: drafted at No. 3 by the Texans.

7. Travon Walker, DE, Georgia: drafted at No. 1 by the Jaguars.

8. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame: drafted at No. 14 by the Ravens.

9. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, North Carolina State: drafted at No. 6 by the Panthers.

10. Drake London, WR, USC: drafted at No. 8 by the Falcons.

11. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia: drafted at No. 13 by the Eagles.

12. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State: drafted at No. 9 by the Seahawks.

13. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia: drafted at No. 32 by the Vikings.

14. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama: drafted at No. 12 by the Lions.

• Like 3