• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree with all of this. But no one mentioned being worried about SF before they were our matchup, then suddenly everyone is terrified of them. Like, what team was everyone expecting to play? They drew the matchup with the quarterback who has 7TDs to 7INTs with 13 sacks in the last 6 games.

I agree that they will stress our defense. But if these guys are too tough a task for Dallas, then Tampa and GB are impossible.

I, for one, am thrilled with our draw.

I think it’s more the anxiety of the surprise factor- like, oh god, I wasn’t expecting them at all. SF has definitely come on strong here the last couple months, I think they’re a much better team than their record would suggest. But, it’s probably a better matchup than Arizona strictly based off their respective quarterbacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Apparently the cowboys haven’t been in the playoffs enough over the past 25 years for you to remember that good rushing and good defense is definitely a winning formula in the playoffs.  Frankly, Dak is struggling to throw the ball over the LOS.  Their DL is a huge problem.  And if they control TOP, we will lose.

The 49ers are a pretty good rushing team and a pretty good defense. If we don’t come ready for that battle, for sure we can lose.

But this is the playoffs. Teams are going to be good. Posters are acting like this is some historic group. No, they are a wild card team with warts. Probably more warts than us, and an inferior quarterback. If they are a tougher matchup than the Cardinals or Rams (highly debatable), it’s not by enough to negate the benefits of being #3 instead of #4.

What happened yesterday was a clear plus for Dallas’s playoff hopes, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D82 said:

This right here. One of, if not the biggest thing. If the 9ers play a clean game (or at least get offsetting turnovers), they pretty much will compete with anyone. If not, its going to be rough. And the 49ers are a team that turns the ball over a lot and is not known for creating turnovers. 

You guys are a +14, 49ers are a -4. 

It bothered me all year that Moore didn’t use Daks legs at all, and I totally understand why. But now that we’re in the playoffs, it’s time to rip that baindaid off. Go big or go home. It’s a huge wrinkle that we can use and can catch the 9ers off guard. I’d love to burn em early on a couple RPOs in big spots. This could really open things up for Zeke and pollard inside, when the edges have that 3rd and 3 where Dak pulls it and got a fresh set of downs in the back of their heads, they’ll slow up on the crash to the RB.

• Like 2

For SF to beat us they need to be able to run the ball well and stay out of 3-10's.   They need to get regular pressure on Dak, moving him off his spot.   They need to stop the run keeping us out of 3rd and shorts.  They need to not LOOSE the turn over battle badly.

For Dallas to win...   DLaw - Gregory and Parsons need to get regular "quick" pressure on the QB.  We need to contain the run game and not give up big runs regularly on the edge.  Our OL needs to give Dak time to throw and get to his second or third reads. Run enough to keep them off balance so they can not just focus on RUSHING...  NOT make mistakes, stupid penalties or stupid turn overs.

Stats to watch... who gets the most Sacks and or Pressures.  Who gets the most rushing yards.  Who wins the turn over battle.  

49ers to watch...  Samuel, Kittle, Aiyuk, Jennings, Bosa, Armstead

Key Cowboys we need good games from;  Kearse, Wilson, Lewis, Brown, Neal, Oza, Gallimore, Wilson, Jarvin, 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This right here. One of, if not the biggest thing. If the 9ers play a clean game (or at least get offsetting turnovers), they pretty much will compete with anyone. If not, its going to be rough. And the 49ers are a team that turns the ball over a lot and is not known for creating turnovers. 

You guys are a +14, 49ers are a -4. 

Exactly why the key will be if the Niners can run the ball effectively from the opening kickoff and control the TOP and avoid putting Jimmy in must pass situations. The best ball hawking team against a QB that loves turning it over? What can go wrong there???? 😂

We have been very good at forcing turnovers as of late though. 11 forced turnovers in the last 6 or 7 games, forgot what the stat was that they showed yesterday. Started the season terribly but ended the season fairly well at getting takeaways. 

I hope we also can see the experience of our head coach play a roll in this game compared to previous playoff games with Dak. I am worried about our ability to stop the run and deal with some of the creative ways they get the ball to Samuel.  On the O side it is time for our OL to play to expectations very very nervous about this game though.    

Super excited but also worried at the same time. Living here in Eagles land, all I’ve heard for the last 2 days at work or on my FB feed, is we will be one and done. I am hoping we go further than one and done, that’s all I ask right now 🤣, just to shut these Eagles fans up

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I have always hated SF. Easily my most hated team. If we lose this one, I think  I’ll have to retire my GDT rights permanently. 

I really got sick of SF in the eighties - the franchise that could do no wrong.  That slant to Harper and win over the Niners in Candlestick is one of my favorite moments as a Cowboys fan.  The Superbowl was anticlimactic - I knew we would beat Buffalo.

My most hated team was Washington.  A good friend was a Skins fan.  My late father loved George Allen and the Over the Hill Gang.  We had some battles.  Pre internet days.  When the football annuals hit the newsstand I'd grab one, check the schedule and see when we played Washington.  It was an added bonus if we played them on Monday night.  Good times

• Like 2