• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

The twitter read was nice thanks.   I noted DLaw’s comment about how SF likes attacking the edge.  I haven’t really watched much of SF but if they do indeed creatively attack our edge that could be a issue as besides DLaw and Parsons it seems we struggle defending the edge.  The rams play off game and the Arizona game come to mind.  The read also mentioned SF designs plays for CB’s to make a lot of tackles by the LOS. So far this season I’ve been happy with Brown Lewis and even Joseph tackling around the LOS. Diggs though can struggle here.  Another issue might be handling Kittle.  

2 hours ago, quiller said:

The twitter read was nice thanks.   I noted DLaw’s comment about how SF likes attacking the edge.  I haven’t really watched much of SF but if they do indeed creatively attack our edge that could be a issue as besides DLaw and Parsons it seems we struggle defending the edge.  The rams play off game and the Arizona game come to mind.  The read also mentioned SF designs plays for CB’s to make a lot of tackles by the LOS. So far this season I’ve been happy with Brown Lewis and even Joseph tackling around the LOS. Diggs though can struggle here.  Another issue might be handling Kittle.  

Rams playoff game they ran up the middle with that fat bowling ball rb.  We had no 1T, which 90% of us have been crying for a decade to draft.

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Rams playoff game they ran up the middle with that fat bowling ball rb.  We had no 1T, which 90% of us have been crying for a decade to draft.

We had so many problems against the Rams. The primary issue is that we were outcoached to an embarrassing degree. McVay figured us out like the back of his hand, the defense didn’t stand a chance.

SF, during their 5 game hit streak, has averaged 25.4 ppg.

For the whole season, we’ve scored less than 26 points just 6 times. And we still won 3 of those games.

We can lose if we shoot ourselves in the foot early and allow them to dictate a short game. But if we come out and play well on early drives, they aren’t going to be able to hang.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

For the whole season, we’ve scored less than 26 points just 6 times. And we still won 3 of those games.

We can lose if we shoot ourselves in the foot early and allow them to dictate a short game. But if we come out and play well on early drives, they aren’t going to be able to hang.

I agree that if we play solid ball make no mistakes - OL holding calls turn overs we should be able to control this game.  Still we have also struggled offensively 4 of our last 6.  Sure there are reasons but those are also excuses. Personally I put a lot this on the coaches and our OL to figure out how to have a effective game where it doesn’t take over a half before you figure it out like the Arizona game.  On D I hope the high emotion turns into effectiveness not over playing getting out of position and giving up. Big plays in running game

i have memories of the Rams getting a ton of big play runs to their left side either wide when the edge went inside or inside the tackle when the edge went wide with our LB’s and safeties no where to be seen until making tackles 15 plus yards down field. 

53 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yep, while the Niners have been very good in total yards, they just make too many mistakes and have been too inconsistent. They completely dominated the Titans in the firs half and were up only 10-0 when it could have easily been 21-0 or 17-0. This past game against the Rams, we scored 24 points in the 2nd half/OT, yet had a dud of a first half and only scored 3 points. Simply put, this team has not put together strong play for all four quarters.

Not sure about not being able to hang though. Just like your Cowboys, we don't really get blown out. I can't see this game not being competitive and coming down to the wire. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Imagine how frustrating it is to be a fan of this team...

1st in yards per play. 

1st in red zone touchdown percentage. 

13th in points per game & points per drive.