• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

57 minutes ago, Forge said:

Imagine how frustrating it is to be a fan of this team...

1st in yards per play. 

1st in red zone touchdown percentage. 

13th in points per game & points per drive. 

Penalties have been a killer.  Like all those early drives v AZ killed by holding calls.  The stat about SF not allowing 100 yrds rushing last 9 games and us being 1-5 if we fail to get 100 yrds is an interesting and worrisome  stat.    With this in mind I just think we need to start the game being very creative with a quick passing attack designed to move  the chains while taking shots down the field.  Throwing early in running downs can greatly effect how SF front 7 play and set up running success later especially with Pollard on the edge

• Like 1

The NFL had an opportunity to make this a division rivalry in the NFC West in 2002. With the Seahawks and Cardinals being moved into the division and the Falcons, Panthers, and Saints being moved out, the Cowboys were in 2002 the 4th-westernmost NFC team and the westernmost of the Central Time teams.

Given the past battles for NFC supremacy, 49ers-Cowboys could have been an interesting division rivalry. Even if it had been done, it still would have been broken up when the Rams moved back to LA.

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

The NFL had an opportunity to make this a division rivalry in the NFC West in 2002. With the Seahawks and Cardinals being moved into the division and the Falcons, Panthers, and Saints being moved out, the Cowboys were in 2002 the 4th-westernmost NFC team and the westernmost of the Central Time teams.

Given the past battles for NFC supremacy, 49ers-Cowboys could have been an interesting division rivalry. Even if it had been done, it still would have been broken up when the Rams moved back to LA.

I remember all that discussion back then. But there was no way in hell was going to be moved out of the NFC east. Not with the Skins, Eagles, Giants rivalries. But it does seem those other teams seem to take the rivalry a lot intensely or serious than we do the other way LOL.

FWIW, 538 is much more gung-ho about how we matchup with San Francisco than just about any other national media:

“Why the Cowboys are favorites: It’s hard to find a team with a scarier statistical profile this season than Dallas, which ranked No. 1 in SRS, EPA, DVOA, passer rating differential and scoring offense. With a combination of an elite passing attack, led by Dak Prescott, and one of the game’s top passing defenses as well, the Cowboys seem as poised as ever for their long-awaited postseason breakthrough. The 49ers might be an especially favorable matchup for Dallas, since San Francisco’s pass D left something to be desired this season, and an opportunistic Cowboys defense (which led the league in takeaways) will get to face the interception-prone Jimmy Garoppolo on the other side of the ball.”

Their model also has Dallas as a 5.5 point favorite, with a 69% (nice) chance of winning.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Everything I am watching or reading is picking San Fran to beat us. Most think Debo is gonna feast against this defense. I hope this Defense of ours is paying attention and comes out very hungry!! 

it’s all going to come down to which Cowboys team shows up on Sunday! 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Everything I am watching or reading is picking San Fran to beat us. Most think Debo is gonna feast against this defense. I hope this Defense of ours is paying attention and comes out very hungry!! 

it’s all going to come down to which Cowboys team shows up on Sunday!

It's undoubtedly a nice matchup for Deebo to have a big game, but it's one of those situations where you can see him getting his and the team struggling as a whole. As a niners fan, I'm expecting a big game from Deebo, but the cowboys to win. 

48 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's starting to sound like fans on both sides are more concerned about losing the game than being confident they can win.

Well, until this team can instill some post season success and not the same ole same ole. That’s to be expected. That’s why they need to come out hungry and stay hungry. 25 years of failure runs on us older fans. 

Make no mistake. We *should* win this game. We are the better offense and the healthier team and we are at home. Losing should call into question the value of MM.

But, the 49ers are a very good team. Only thing that sucks about them is they lack a QB. Jimmy would be fine if he didn't turn the ball over. Lance is def the future for them.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

It's starting to sound like fans on both sides are more concerned about losing the game than being confident they can win.

My general rule of thumb is that when I feel teams are close, I just go with the better QB. I feel you tend to get it right more than wrong with that methodology. Not 100%, but right more often than wrong. 

I think Dak is better than Jimmy, so sadly I expect the niners to lose. 

• Like 1