• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Question, and it has little to nothing to do with the game...Where do you guys prefer Parsons getting majority of his snaps next season? Do you want him at LB or at the edge? As a non-Cowboys fan who did not watch all the games but saw plenty of them, I think it would be better if he played on the edge. I get you guys have Lawrence/Gregory, but this man is a SPECIAL edge rusher and doesn't seem to have nearly the same impact at LB. Maybe rotate Gregory/Lawrence on the other side and just let Parsons tee off on the QB. Or will that put the LB situation in a bad spot? 

There linebackers are that bad but Parsons is clearly there best pass rusher. They have nobody else who can play the run well except Parsons. LVE had a good game yesterday but he’s a shell of what he once was. You guys have the better overall team and coaching. If not for Bosa getting hurt or Jimmy throwing a horrible int. this game would have been over way before the last 8 minutes of the game. 

8 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

There linebackers are that bad but Parsons is clearly there best pass rusher. They have nobody else who can play the run well except Parsons. LVE had a good game yesterday but he’s a shell of what he once was. You guys have the better overall team and coaching. If not for Bosa getting hurt or Jimmy throwing a horrible int. this game would have been over way before the last 8 minutes of the game. 

I don't look at us having the more talented team. When talking about the top teams, there is very little that separates teams. We played better overall yesterday for sure but both teams are very talented. 

Got it, I figured you guys were lacking at the LB position if Parsons is lined up on the edge. But maybe you guys can draft a LB and then move Parsons to the edge? Dude is really unstoppable and the first snap off the edge he got to Jimmy lol. 

If you guys need an example of a team that helps their QB succeed you don’t have to look any further than our opponent yesterday.

Lets hypothetically go back and have Dak and Jimmy trade places for that game. Do you think the outcome changes? 

Of course not, because QBs are not solely responsible for producing plays. So let’s not act like Dak was realistically the problem in that game. I know we want him to make everything work no matter what when he’s payed all the money he is… but the money has little to do with how things are operating around him. It doesn’t matter who you would have wanted to replace Dak with yesterday — the result would have been more or less the same. I don’t think Aaron Rodgers would have done any better… because this is a team sport and not just a game based on a QB making miracles out of nothing.

Edited by NoFlyZone

18 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

If you guys need an example of a team that helps their QB succeed you don’t have to look any further than our opponent yesterday.

Lets hypothetically go back and have Dak and Jimmy trade places for that game. Do you think the outcome changes? 

Of course not, because QBs are not solely responsible for producing plays. So let’s not act like Dak was realistically the problem in that game. I know we want him to make everything work no matter what when he’s payed all the money he is… but the money has little to do with how things are operating around him. It doesn’t matter who you would have wanted to replace Dak with yesterday — the result would have been more or less the same. I don’t think Aaron Rodgers would have done any better… because this is a team sport and not just a game based on a QB making miracles out of nothing.

I don't think it matters at this point. We could have Tom Brady behind center and we'd still struggle to be anything more than an average team that makes a playoff appearance now and then and may win a game but never get to the ultimate goal. 

32 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Can I have Jimmy G and 15 million worth of players instead of Dak?

So, Jimmy and another stud O-lineman plus maybe a decent run stuffer or linebacker?

Lets do that swap and see

PS - Aaron Rodgers has been playing with 3 backup Olneman, but somehow I see him getting the ball out and not missing a beat. Elite QB play is about presnap reads, line shifting to account for the pass rush and getting the ball out quickly to where the defense is weakest. These are things Dak does not do well

25 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Isn't that on our boy wonder OC?

It's been a constant theme with this team for years now. They always seem to find a way to make dumb mistakes at the worst possible time. 

29 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

???

how many of daks passes were over throws, in the ground, behind the receiver, etc?

that’s a lack of execution 

Bad coaching, bad play calling, bad play from most of the players, bad O-line play, just bad everything. Not defending Dak or propping him up. Just stating it wasn't all Dak by any means. One defense of holding is bad enough, but 2 in one game is unheard of. Just crap like that. Hence, it all ties together.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

Bad coaching, bad play calling, bad play from most of the players, bad O-line play, just bad everything. Not defending Dak or propping him up. Just stating it wasn't all Dak by any means. One defense of holding is bad enough (By a front 4), but 2 in one game is unheard of. Just crap like that. Hence, it all ties together.

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Bad coaching, bad play calling, bad play from most of the players, bad O-line play, just bad everything. Not defending Dak or propping him up. Just stating it wasn't all Dak by any means. One defense of holding is bad enough, but 2 in one game is unheard of. Just crap like that. Hence, it all ties together.

Oh yeah, there’s plenty of blame to go around 

I’m just focusing on the most important position and the sub par performance from dak 

again, against a good team