• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

23 hours ago, D82 said:

Don't disagree with Aikman.  I'm paraphrasing something Tony Dungy said.  Basically Dungy said Dallas fans need to forget about the final play.  How about looking at an offense that completed less than 60% of its passes, ran for 77 yards, and gave up 5 sacks?  How about a defense that allowed 169 yards rushing?  How about a team that committed 14 penalties?  Those are the reasons the Cowboys lost.  Most Dallas fans will be screaming that the refs screwed them.  The reality is Dallas is horribly undisciplined and San Fran punched the Cowboys in the mouth from the opening kick off and Dallas did not respond.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

Don't disagree with Aikman.  I'm paraphrasing something Tony Dungy said.  Basically Dungy said Dallas fans need to forget about the final play.  How about looking at an offense that completed less than 60% of its passes, ran for 77 yards, and gave up 5 sacks?  How about a defense that allowed 169 yards rushing?  How about a team that committed 14 penalties?  Those are the reasons the Cowboys lost.  Most Dallas fans will be screaming that the refs screwed them.  The reality is Dallas is horribly undisciplined and San Fran punched the Cowboys in the mouth from the opening kick off and Dallas did not respond.

I agree completely. That last play is totally irrelevant to me. The game was over by then. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree completely. That last play is totally irrelevant to me. The game was over by then. 

I think that is what bothers me so. Despite all the calamity would almost had one more shot to go and win. We played awful. 

The team that played better, won. But the better team lost. It's maddening. 

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think that is what bothers me so. Despite all the calamity would almost had one more shot to go and win. We played awful. 

The team that played better, won. But the better team lost. It's maddening. 

You have summed up what it has been like to be a Cowboys fan all these years. When it really counts we played awful. It is maddening.  I'm not going to call them the better team though.  San Fran finished the year going what 7-2 down the stretch?  Their physicality presented a big concern for me.  Dallas needs to figure out what is it about this team and the organization that sees year after year of so called great players falling well short of the goal.

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

You have summed up what it has been like to be a Cowboys fan all these years. When it really counts we played awful. It is maddening.  I'm not going to call them the better team though.  San Fran finished the year going what 7-2 down the stretch?  Their physicality presented a big concern for me.  Dallas needs to figure out what is it about this team and the organization that sees year after year of so called great players falling well short of the goal.

I am not knocking the 49ers. I think they are a very good team. A physical team. A talented team. 

We just won't agree as to who the better (or more talented team) is - and that is fine. 

It is really tough not to have sour bad feelings when you watch other plays and refs doing their jobs.  It wasn’t why we lost the game but the refs blew badly the the plays end of half and end of game.   Our OL was lined up for over 4 sec before the red showed up to do his job.  

Also SF getting 24 pressures in the game is insane.  Also for the record Dak 2.75 sec to throw the last 12 games. So no not holding the ball.  

while a fan of Moore I am not a huge fan of how we used the passing game most second half. The comment about not taking advantage of 1-1 with Lamb to me might be a red flag about ???

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am not knocking the 49ers. I think they are a very good team. A physical team. A talented team. 

We just won't agree as to who the better (or more talented team) is - and that is fine. 

We'll find out in 48 hours. If they can muscle, push around and bully GB like they did us, I would concede they are the better team. If GB plows them, I would concede they played better than us, but by that account I am also conceding this team, THE COWBOYS, are a bunch of pu$$ies!

Just now, Rtnldave said:

We'll find out in 48 hours. If they can muscle, push around and bully GB like they did us, I would concede they are the better team. If GB plows them, I would concede they played better than us, but by that account I am also conceding this team, THE COWBOYS, are a bunch of pu$$ies!

Nah, also disagree. The 49ers can absolutely beat the Packers. Great team. Played them hard earlier in the season. 

18 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
26 minutes ago, Northland said:

Arent you both saying the Cowboys are the better team?

52 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm with you. I think the Cowboys inability to play 4 quarters of focused football would have made it difficult for them to beat anyone in the playoffs.  For lack of a better term you just can't show up and turn it on when you feel like it.  The focus has to be constant.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Arent you both saying the Cowboys are the better team?

it may seem that way, certainly on paper.  Paper doesn't play.  It's the inability to focus and sleepwalking through large portions of games that drove me nuts.  It's that lack of focus for lack of a better term that ultimately makes Dallas a lesser team come playoff time.  You can't flick a magic switch and suddenly turn it on. In my prediction on the how comfortable do you feel about a Cowboys win from 1-10 I said if they play focused football for 4 quarters I'm at an 8.  If they stumble and commit a lot of mistakes and penalties I'm at a 4.