• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

19 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

RE: Kingsly

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

?

Sorry... severely distracted when I posted that.....Kliff Kingsbury. Similar situation. I've heard many talking heads say he simply got out coached by McVay. That and the Rams were fired up and showed more intensity for sure.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Sorry... severely distracted when I posted that.....Kliff Kingsbury. Similar situation. I've heard many talking heads say he simply got out coached by McVay. That and the Rams were fired up and showed more intensity for sure.

This playoff game I would have had no issue if McCarthy had taken over play calling duties from the start. Its literally his bread and butter. Though I completely understand why they didnt. Why mess with the #1 offense in the NFL. Its logical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Maybe. I read @Northland like this:

" I'm not going to call them [The Dallas Cowboys] the better team though."

So it is possible I misread. The rest spoke to the laurels of the 49ers. 

On paper Dallas should be/is better. In reality I'm not going to call the Cowboys the better team.  On paper Dallas looks better than a lot of clubs.  Paper doesn't focus or execute.

Edited by Northland

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Also we are much easier to plan for on both sides of the ball.  Our offense is nothing special when you watch it compared To other teams.  And on D we hardly have any complicated blitzing and formations

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Arent you both saying the Cowboys are the better team?

For clarity, I am saying Dallas has more talent, as in talented players, than SF. 

But talent alone doesn't win out. It takes heart, determination, execution, guts.

And for all of our talent, we lack the intangibles.

Now, if SF can go into GB, a team that is a week rested, with a proven SB champion QB, and punch them in the mouth the way they did us and GB knuckles under and crawls, the way we did, then I will concede that SF is more talented than us. They would have to be to go to LA, DAL and then GB and win???

Woof!

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am still so angry that we were so Ill prepared for a home playoff game. Talented as this team is. And no one will suffer consequences. 

And that is why this sort of thing continues to happen. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:04 PM, The_Slamman said:

Most of the time it was from Dak holding onto the ball way too long.  The biggest criticism of Dak is that we waits for receivers to break open instead of anticipating the break.  

Just like I predicted that Dak was going to struggle against the 9ers, I’ll make a similar prediction against the same defense… Aaron Rodgers will look like he’s got great protection and won’t struggle.  I say this knowing that the Packers are missing 3 starters on the OL.  Can you imagine if Dak was missing 3 starters?  

just watch… A-Rod will get the ball out quickly and properly slide protections.  I’ll say it again, sacks are mostly a QB stat.  

So far… it kinda looks like My prediction is coming true.  Imagine that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

So far… it kinda looks like My prediction is coming true.  Imagine that.

The difference is Rodgers typically does have great protection. Aside from the first drive, the Niners defense has gotten pressure on Rodgers now and it shows. They’re probably walking into the half just with their 7 points off of the first drive… not like he’s doing much better than Dak. It would not have made a difference to have Rodgers in place of Dak last week.

Also helps to have Adams get wide open on a routine basis. 

Edit: Following the end of the first half (7-0) you can’t really say Rodgers was more successful than Dak was. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

The difference is Rodgers typically does have great protection. Aside from the first drive, the Niners defense has gotten pressure on Rodgers now and it shows. They’re probably walking into the half just with their 7 points off of the first drive… not like he’s doing much better than Dak. It would not have made a difference to have Rodgers in place of Dak last week.

Also helps to have Adams get wide open on a routine basis. 

Edit: Following the end of the first half (7-0) you can’t really say Rodgers was more successful than Dak was. 

Difference though GB D is ready for SF... first 4 drives SF had -10 yards... then long drive ended in intercpetion.. another long drive for a FG... followed by another 3out neg yards....  Also GB seems to understand using a RB in the flat is a good thing ... Jones 7 catchs 126 yards...   we should have used Pollard outside way more against SF to slow the rush.