2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And Ravens fans would say Ronnie Stanley, Gus Edwards, JK Dobbins, and Marcus Peters all missing every single game would be just as impactful.

Then throw in Marlon Humphrey, Nick Boyle, Deshon Elliott and Lamar Jackson missing 4+ games each and yeah idk what to tell ya. The Ravens have been just absolutely decimated by season-ending injuries this year to key players everywhere. We've also had guys like Calais Campbell, Brandon Wiliams, Patrick Mekari and numerous other starters all miss games due to COVID or injury, too.

No argument that the Ravens bubble should be massive. This season was insanely bad for them.

I'm just saying the Titans losing their entire offense for large portions of the year is a big deal too.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Don't blame me, I didn't make it up.

I think pretty much any method to produce a number for this would be wildly imprecise.

Yup, that’s all I was saying. Thanks for posting it. It’s a cute try by them, but it’s just not possible to have a WAR stat in football like there is baseball. Which they pretty much admit to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

No argument that the Ravens bubble should be massive. This season was insanely bad for them.

I'm just saying the Titans losing their entire offense for large portions of the year is a big deal too.

I’m pretty much just scoffing at anyone who thinks the Packers were more injured than the Titans. It’s not even close. 

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

"their entire offense"? Yeah losing AJ Brown and Henry was big for the small amount of time they were both injured, but nobody expected Julio to stay healthy and they had Tannehill and everyone else still there the rest of the time.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"their entire offense"? Yeah losing AJ Brown and Henry was big for the small amount of time they were both injured, but nobody expected Julio to stay healthy and they had Tannehill and everyone else still there the rest of the time.

Lol. Roger Saffold was out multiple times. Taylor Lewan was out multiple times, Nate Davis was out multiple times. We lost our third WR Marcus Johnson for the year. And I don’t get what the Julio part even means? Whether you expect him to miss time or not has nothing to do with the fact that he did. Can I just throw out there that Lamar Jackson is small and runs a lot for a QB so we were expecting him to get injured at some point?

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm probably going chalk across the board. 

Tampa, Dallas, Rams

Bills, Chiefs, Bengals. 

The Dallas / 49ers game should be fun, but I think ultimately the 49ers will be unable to convert some third downs and probably shoot themselves in the foot with bad penalties and maybe a turnover or two. I think that will likely end up in the 30-20 range. 

I really like the Bengals / Raiders game for an upset possibility. I know the Bengals won comfortably in that first matchup, but just seems like a strange game overall and the Raiders were really burnt by penalties and it was just sort of disjointed all the way around. The Bengals won that game by basically grinding it out which I wouldn't really expect in this one. IF nothing else, I think the game plays out in a different rhythm this time. 

Would love to see the weather wreak havoc on the Tampa / Philly game. Would be a lot of fun to see something like that even the playing field a little more. I'm concerned about Tampa as I do believe the injuries have caught up with them, just not sure that Philly is talented enough as a team to take advantage. I am expecting Tampa to win this one (maybe not cleanly) and bow out in round 2. 

I just expect the Rams to beat the Cards. No crazy observations or anything, I just think they'll win the game. 

I’m with you except I see PHI-TAM & SF-DAL as the biggest upset potential.   Weather / wind really narrows the gap in Tampa.   Tampa’s run D is more vulnerable than last year and vs. Phily that matters more. 

LV-CIN the injuries to LV D and playing 88 snaps on D on SNF vs. a rested CIN team on a practical bye is such an edge.  There’s a path to victory where the EDGE’s induce mistakes from Burrow and Jacobs / Waller / Moreau get leaned on.  But the paths to victory for CIN are more diverse.   The scheduler really did LV kinda dirty there.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Lol. Roger Saffold was out multiple times. Taylor Lewan was out multiple times, Nate Davis was out multiple times. We lost our third WR Marcus Johnson for the year. And I don’t get what the Julio part even means? Whether you expect him to miss time or not has nothing to do with the fact that he did. Can I just throw out there that Lamar Jackson is small and runs a lot for a QB so we were expecting him to get injured at some point?

Okay? Lewan missed 3 games spread out througout the season and Saffold missed 2 games. I am so sorry about those losses.

And the Julio part is self-explanatory, he has a reputation for being injured constantly, especially the last 2-3 seasons. When Lamar Jackson becomes injury prone over the course of several years in a row you can make that assumption. It's kinda where Ravens fans have been with Jimmy Smith for several years now, because of that same reputation.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Okay? Lewan missed 3 games spread out througout the season and Saffold missed 2 games. I am so sorry about those losses.

And the Julio part is self-explanatory, he has a reputation for being injured constantly, especially the last 2-3 seasons. When Lamar Jackson becomes injury prone over the course of several years in a row you can make that assumption. It's kinda where Ravens fans have been with Jimmy Smith for several years now, because of that same reputation.

You’re just counting box scores. Saffold has missed way more than that because he’s come out of multiple games during the game. Same with Lewan. 

I’m still not understanding the Julio part. Are you saying that since Julio is injury prone, that he doesn’t get counted as being missed? 

I’m still not understanding the Julio part. Are you saying that since Julio is injury prone, that he doesn’t get counted as being missed? 

I'm saying it's essentially "the cost of doing business" that when you sign Julio Jones, you go into it with the expectation he's going to miss games.

So yes, I would say he doesn't really count as a major loss. It's like every year when the Cowboys would lose Sean Lee. Great player, but does anyone really complain about him being injured and saying "damn, our defense sucked because Sean Lee got hurt!". You see what I'm getting at?

On this chart, basically what i'm saying is that Julio's bubble would be pretty small because his value is a lot less than other players because of his lack of availability.

I’m pretty much just scoffing at anyone who thinks the Packers were more injured than the Titans. It’s not even close. 

I'd be fine putting GB ahead of Tennessee but the Titans bubble is too small in that chart IMO.

• Bahktiari for all season (legit top 5 OT)
  • Alexander for most of the year (legit top 10 CB)
  • Tonyan missed 11 games (pro bowl TE, not a Gronk or Waller of course)
  • Cobb missed 5 games.
  • Turner missed 4 games
  • Jenkins missed 9 games

Their O-line was hit with a wrecking ball. The depth did a great job but the injuries were real.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I'd be fine putting GB ahead of Tennessee but the Titans bubble is too small in that chart IMO.

• Bahktiari for all season (legit top 5 OT)
  • Alexander for most of the year (legit top 10 CB)
  • Tonyan missed 11 games (pro bowl TE, not a Gronk or Waller of course)
  • Cobb missed 5 games.
  • Turner missed 4 games
  • Jenkins missed 9 games

Their O-line was hit with a wrecking ball. The depth did a great job but the injuries were real.

I have no problem saying they missed a comparable amount value wise. The difference is we missed over 140 more games from injured players than the Packers. I think that tips it a bit.