2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

The thing that makes this bizarre is that the past two years the Rams are a statistically better team than the Niners. The Cowboys don't really have that with the Eagles.

25% of the Niners wins the last two years came against us. It's embarrassing.

Please show up and beat Dallas. Please.

Being statistically better is irrelevant sometimes when matched up against certain teams. I mean the Niners are statistically better than the Seahawks, yet we can't beat them the same way you guys can't beat us. And really, last year goes out the window with all the injuries the Niners had. They are actually healthy at the right time so they were able to make a run this season, opposed to last season. 

But I went and checked the Rams record and point differential vs playoff teams:

2-5 with a -40 point differential. But the fact you guys went 10-0 against non-playoff teams is super impressive. Every single season you guys handle business vs the teams you are supposed to. Speaks volumes to McVay and your program you guys have over there. Niners on the other hand lost to a Colt McCoy led Cards team and twice to the Seahawks in a down season. Talent wise, the Rams are not superior to the Niners yet have a better record so kudos! 

47 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Titans approach is the opposite. Smash the good teams, sweat/lose the easy ones.

Titans vs playoff teams:

4-3 with a +13 point differential. And you guys have three other good wins (Colts 2x) and the Dolphins. Very impressive considering all the injuries this team was facing this season, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But you aren't lying, losses to the Jets/Texans and somehow still ended up with the #1 seed lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Is the Eagles defense good?

Good as in top 10? I don't think we are that good at least not if you're looking at the whole scope of the season.

The defense has made strides since early in the season when the run game was kinda meh and we gave up the highest completion percentage to QBs since who knows when those first weeks cause we were giving them everything underneath and weren't getting enough pressure. Of course Gannon being so passive early had to come early in the season against a lot of playoff QBs like Prescott, Brady, Mahomes, Carr, and Garoppolo.

I think the run defense is pretty good, but we also haven't gone against a lot of great backs. We are tied with the Rams and Niners for 5th in YPC allowed, but really before we put all the back ups and practice squad guys out there to get rushed on for 171 we were like 3rd before week 18.

Our corners are definitely better than safeties. Slay has been great this year and Maddox has been pretty good in the slot. I think Nelson who we snagged way late into the offseason has been acceptable which for the low price and how bad our depth was turned out to be a very solid signing. Our safeties are both older. McLeod is still solid. He's been playing better of late. He came into this season off an ACL injury.

The weakness at our defense really comes in the middle, but TJ Edwards has stepped up and been solid since he took over for Eric Wilson who was so bad for us we cut him a couple months into the season. Singleton is really bad in coverage, but he's always hustling and can do some stuff in the run game. We really need to upgrade him this offseason though. 

I think the defense is good enough to win if we can run on them.

• Like 1

This year is a perfect example of why adding a 7th playoff team to each conference was a moronic idea.   

Neither 7th seed have a business in the post-season.   

But the NFL doesn't care about the quality of their product as long as it's making money.   Just look at the Madden games.

• Like 3

Just now, 43M said:

This year is a perfect example of why adding a 7th playoff team to each conference was a moronic idea.   

But the NFL doesn't care about the quality of their product as long as it's making money.   Just look at the Madden games.

Drama Talking GIF by Prajakta  Koli

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

If it's making money, that means you're probably in the minority that doesn't like it.

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Being statistically better is irrelevant sometimes when matched up against certain teams. I mean the Niners are statistically better than the Seahawks, yet we can't beat them the same way you guys can't beat us. And really, last year goes out the window with all the injuries the Niners had. They are actually healthy at the right time so they were able to make a run this season, opposed to last season. 

But I went and checked the Rams record and point differential vs playoff teams:

2-5 with a -40 point differential. But the fact you guys went 10-0 against non-playoff teams is super impressive. Every single season you guys handle business vs the teams you are supposed to. Speaks volumes to McVay and your program you guys have over there. Niners on the other hand lost to a Colt McCoy led Cards team and twice to the Seahawks in a down season. Talent wise, the Rams are not superior to the Niners yet have a better record so kudos! 

Titans vs playoff teams:

4-3 with a +13 point differential. And you guys have three other good wins (Colts 2x) and the Dolphins. Very impressive considering all the injuries this team was facing this season, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But you aren't lying, losses to the Jets/Texans and somehow still ended up with the #1 seed lol.

Agreed on most except that were not more talented. I think we are.

A great example - a microcosm, really of the game - was your banged up OL completely neutralizing Aaron Donald, Leonard Floyd and Von Miller. Not to mention Greg Gaines and A'Shawn Robinson. Likely the most talented DL in the NFL. Without Trent Williams. Same thing happened last year. With the Niners injuries we obviously had the more talented team yet lost twice.

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Agreed on most except that were not more talented. I think we are.

A great example - a microcosm, really of the game - was your banged up OL completely neutralizing Aaron Donald, Leonard Floyd and Von Miller. Not to mention Greg Gaines and A'Shawn Robinson. Likely the most talented DL in the NFL. Without Trent Williams. Same thing happened last year. With the Niners injuries we obviously had the more talented team yet lost twice.

I mean if you are referring to just one game, I'm talking overall. The Rams have no talent advantage over the Niners. There are a bunch of elite players on both sides of the ball for both teams.

This has a lot to do with the scheme of your defense. You guys are built to stop the modern passing attacks and take away the deep ball but that is not Jimmy's game at all. He's going to get rid of the ball quickly and throw in the middle of the field. The Seahawks for example have a bunch of big bodies on their DL that stop the run well and they completely clog up the middle of the field and Jimmy struggles mightily. But the Seahawks scheme doesn't bother your guys offense nearly as much and you can spread them out and take advantage of your passing game. 

I really have no idea why Brunskill does so well against Donald but he just does lol. Obviously Donald was doubled quite a bit but he hasn't been much of a factor in the match ups for a while...Same with Ramsey. Niners can essentially make the Rams two best defenders non-factors. 

• Like 1