2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

How many fans stopped watching because they added one more playoff team to each conference?

That doesnt mean it improved the quality of the product.    

I'll watch the Steelers get destroyed by the Chiefs, as will most Steeler fans, but we all realize we have no business being there.

There have been numerous teams over the years who made the playoffs that didnt deserve it.   Sure, a few who probably did missed out over the years, but by and large, most teams who missed the playoffs didnt earn a playoff spot.

Now, they added 2 teams just to bring in extra money.   Nothing to do with improving anything except their bottom line.  Same with the 17th game.

If you like it...so be it....but can you honestly say that changes that bring in more money are always positive changes for the consumer?

Im not saying this change will destroy the league...Im just saying adding another playoff team was extremely unnecessary and IMO, a bad thing since it adds extra mediocre teams.

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im not saying this change will destroy the league...Im just saying adding another playoff team was extremely unnecessary and IMO, a bad thing since it adds extra mediocre teams.

Only mediocre team in the playoffs is the Steelers. Blame Wentz and the Colts for imploding.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only mediocre team in the playoffs is the Steelers. Blame Wentz and the Colts for imploding.

Steelers arent mediocre.  They suck.   Eagles shouldnt be there either, though.

• Like 2

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Aye do me a favor and tell me where the Steelers and Eagles are here.

Try reading.   I never said the Steelers were better than the Eagles.   

And unfortunately, one score games exist, so this hypothetical BS means nothing.

And if the Eagles made it as the 6th seed...so be it.   Im just saying neither 7th seed really deserves a playoff spot.   Just because the Eagles deserve to be there more than the Steelers doesnt justify the addition of a 7th playoff team.

37 minutes ago, 43M said:

That doesnt mean it improved the quality of the product.    

I'll watch the Steelers get destroyed by the Chiefs, as will most Steeler fans, but we all realize we have no business being there.

There have been numerous teams over the years who made the playoffs that didnt deserve it.   Sure, a few who probably did missed out over the years, but by and large, most teams who missed the playoffs didnt earn a playoff spot.

Now, they added 2 teams just to bring in extra money.   Nothing to do with improving anything except their bottom line.  Same with the 17th game.

If you like it...so be it....but can you honestly say that changes that bring in more money are always positive changes for the consumer?

I'm not a fan of it either, but the percentage of teams allowed is the same was it was in 1990 when with 28 teams a 6th playoff spot was awarded per conference. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 43M said:

Try reading.   I never said the Steelers were better than the Eagles.   

And unfortunately, one score games exist, so this hypothetical BS means nothing.

And if the Eagles made it as the 6th seed...so be it.   Im just saying neither 7th seed really deserves a playoff spot.   Just because the Eagles deserve to be there more than the Steelers doesnt justify the addition of a 7th playoff team.

The Eagles have been playing some of the best ball of any team in the NFL since midseason. 

They are a better team than you realize, but you're free to believe whatever you want.

It just sounds like a weird gripe like other guy said. Washington was a 7 win division winner last year and their 7th win came in a game when we pulled Hurts. They were really a team that shouldn't have been there and battled future SB Champions Tampa Bay pretty good considering what people were saying before those playoffs.

I don't think the 7th seed is always gonna be a bad team. I think sometimes the difference between the 5th to 7th seeds will just be marginal at best. Some years you are gonna have 2 bad playoff teams in a conference. We've had bad teams get in the dance even when there was 6 teams and I don't think Eagles are a bad team.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Like in years past with 6th seeds making and winning SB's, a 7th will upset the world and make a run. Be called undeserving by the masses until they win it all.

Not saying either 7th seed this year is that team but like when they expanded WC games 2 decades ago the NFL evolved. This is just the next evolution of that.

After 1967, the playoffs were expanded to allow four teams to qualify for the tournament. When the league merged with the American Football League (AFL) in 1970, the playoffs were expanded to eight teams. The playoffs were expanded to ten teams in 1978, twelve in 1990, and fourteen in 2020.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yes, never mind the one seed that whooped them harder and also beat said Bills. 😂🤷‍♂️

The Chiefs lost to all three of the top 4 seeds (Titans, Bills, Bengals) this season not residing in Kansas City.  This is almost shaping up like a revenge tour.

21 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I agree.  And for our fan base's sake, we need to win.  Beating the raiders would bring this horrible playoff winless stretch full circle.  It started in the divisional round with as loss to the raiders that ended Bo Jackson's career.  

All I can say is this.  i was a sophomore in college when we beat the Oilers the previous week.  I am retired in five years.  I literally have spent every day of my working life without enjoying a playoff win.  Please Joe, end the cycle.

The concerns are the OL and Burrows knees. Luckily Bradley doesn’t believe in blitzing. But the Raiders could win this game if they win the turnover battle.