2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's not on the Colts, it's on the Chargers run D. If they held Jacobs to even like 5 yards on that last run they're in the playoffs and the Steelers aren't. Instead, we get to watch Ben Roethlisberger throw 50 times for 137 yards while losing by 3+ scores to the Chiefs this weekend.

It was 3rd and 4, so needed to hold to less than that. 

And even then, Carlson probably could have made it.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

True. But if Josh Allen gets that 4th & 1 (Allen is 14 for 17 at those) and the Bills win and are the #1 seed right now. Great W by the Titans but if they re-do that play over, majority of the time buffalo wins. It was close that's for sure. I think the AFC is anyones ball game this year.

If they replay that game I think the reason why the Bills loss would show up again. The Bills has multiple trips stalled in the Redzone which has been an issue for them in other games. The Titans won the game in the trenches and I believe they could duplicate that again.

I want Raiders vs Cowboys for the memes, and the rematch to an entertaining Thanksgiving in my household. The Chiefs will likely make that matchup impossible because I can't see the Raiders having even a chance against KC. Cowboys could be in the Super Bowl, probably not favorites to be, but they certainly have a chance if Dak plays well. I see the Packers being the thing that keeps Dallas from going there though. 

Now let's get to the games.

Raiders vs Bengals 

This should be closer than some would imagine. Both teams are coming in feeling really good and motivated and I feel the Raiders strengths do match up with the Bengals, but if Burrow goes off then they likely win it. If he doesn't I see it being a close game that Vegas could win.

Pats vs Bills

The weather looks to be COLD. Although the Pats shouldn't be too affected by cold weather, the Bills are probably slightly more prepared for it. I don't see a cold game with so-so wind speeds affecting things too much though, and I feel the Bills should win this game unless Josh Allen has one of his games where he turns it over too much, which could lead to a close Pats victory. 

Bucs vs Eagles

Bucs had issues against this team while pretty healthy, but playoff Brady is hard to beat. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles give the Bucs fits and they have a slight chance to win it if the Bucs start slow again and fail to come back in the end.

Cowboys vs 49ers

This could go in all sorts of ways. The 49ers should win if Dak struggles and the 49ers running game goes off on Dallas' meh running defense. The Cowboys win if Dak plays very well and their defense holds on. If something in-between happens I would give the slight edge to Dallas. But no real strong feelings here tbh.

Steelers vs Chiefs

I don't give much of a chance to the Steelers here, unless Mahomes regresses to what he was doing early in the season. Even if he does the Steelers offense likely won't get much going. Will absolutely be an upset if the Steelers win here.

Cards vs Rams

Honestly a tough matchup to pick. The Cards haven't looked like their early season selves in awhile now, but Stafford has been really careless with the ball at times. Could be a true pick em game in my opinion. I wouldn't even think about trying to predict this game. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

10 minutes ago, Remember The Oilers said:

If they replay that game I think the reason why the Bills loss would show up again. The Bills has multiple trips stalled in the Redzone which has been an issue for them in other games. The Titans won the game in the trenches and I believe they could duplicate that again.

I think the main issue was not even remotely being able to slow down Henry. I think if McDermott felt his defense could hold in OT he would have kicked the field goal. 

I also don’t like that Bills media has started referring to the play as Josh Allen slipping, pretty sure Jeffrey Simmons blew that play up regardless 

The Bengals/Raiders game during the season was a really close game despite what the score looked like. Bengals scored 17 points in the final 5 minutes. 

Raiders really have one advantage and that’s DL>Bengals OL if they don’t take advantage of it then this could get ugly. But I expect this to be a close game. Bengals key players are so young you don’t know how they will react to the big moment could rise to the moment or fold. 

With the weather and the way the Raiders have ran the ball lately they got more then a shot here but if they turn the ball over in any way they will lose this game. A lot of Jacobs and then some more Jacobs and then sprinkle Renfrow and Waller. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Am I the only one that thinks the Bills are the most unpredictable divisional winner team?

Completely agree. They're so feast or famine I don't know what to expect. I think they're the wildcard team in the AFC, moreso than the Bengals. I would not be surprised if they got to the Superbowl nor if they lost a multiple turnover game this weekend. At least their run game has picked up the last few weeks.

19 minutes ago, Remember The Oilers said:

I don't think the Steelers get blown out. Pittsburgh can make the game ugly for KC and I don't think the Chrifs offense is all the way back

I think the Steelers defence and TJ Watt will do all they can, however I think the offence will just give the ball back to Mahomes and company so often that it's 2 score game at least if not much much more.

I think the Chiefs O is fine, it's just everyone is used to the big play offence and it isn't that this year. Raiders aside, most teams just won't let the Chiefs do that to them.

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can't see how anyone stops the Chiefs in the AFC. 

Chiefs almost blew it against the Broncos. I would say to you if it were 2020 you would be right but this year this team has holes and can easily be beat. The 3 divisional champions in the AFC beat them so it wouldnt be a surprise if it happens again. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I want Bengals/Cardinals.

I'll probably get Titans/Cowboys, because football hates me.

Ah.  The AJ Green past and present Bowl.  I'm down with it, but don't see it.  I'm usewd to seeing Bengals mock picks in the 30s in the second round, not the end of the first.

1 hour ago, Remember The Oilers said:

It's be inconsistent at times but the Bills are still 7th in the NFL in red zone TD % - 3rd in the AFC behind LAC and Tenn. So I think if we play again we score on more possessions for that reason. I also don't think Derrick Henry has another 3 TD, 150 yard day but we'll see. Alot would have to happen for the rematch to happen. 

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Bengals are entering the playoffs red hot whike most people see the Raiders as benefiting from the third wildcard slot and "accidentally" made it. They have the ability to be a mega troll team.

Raiders are Wild card number one.

They have the same record as the Bengals.

I wouldn't call the Bengals red hot. Take away the Ravens game when they had several players who weren't on the team the week before. That game wasn't as spectacular as the score would indicate. Joe Burrow torched them because they were less than the Ravens. Time of possession was nearly 2:1. The Ravens were just trying to run out the clock while he was running up the score to set a record.

Joe Burrow can be a force to be reckoned with, but he might injured. The Bengals are a one dimensional team. The Raiders played them well until things got out of hand in the last five minutes.

Bengals went the distance against Rogers and Mahomes. They also lost to the Jets. Neither a win or loss would be surprising.