2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Not throwing shade at the Titans fans on the board, but is Tennessee this year the weakest 1 seed in recent memory in a conference? 

Weakest because of injuries or just weakest? Because I agree if we are talking about the team in the 2nd half of the season but when healthty they were better than a 12-5 team. Also does it matter if the rest of the conference is weak, because weak #1 seed or not I think they still have great chance of repping the AFC

1 minute ago, Remember The Oilers said:

Weakest because of injuries or just weakest? Because I agree if we are talking about the team in the 2nd half of the season but when healthty they were better than a 12-5 team. Also does it matter if the rest of the conference is weak, because weak #1 seed or not I think they still have great chance of repping the AFC

Weakest in general. Like the quality of the team as they are constituted heading into the playoffs; injuries have absolutely influenced that but the point remains - as they stand right now they’re the weakest 1 seed I can remember.

Agree with your 2nd point though - AFC is wide open so it’s not a bad year to be a “weak” 1 seed

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Weakest in general. Like the quality of the team as they are constituted heading into the playoffs; injuries have absolutely influenced that but the point remains - as they stand right now they’re the weakest 1 seed I can remember.

Agree with your 2nd point though - AFC is wide open so it’s not a bad year to be a “weak” 1 seed

Actually looking at the past #1 seed in the AFC. It is kinda difficult to compare to Brady's Patriots, Mannings Broncos and Colt teams. Seems like we might be in a transitional period in the AFC

49 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Not throwing shade at the Titans fans on the board, but is Tennessee this year the weakest 1 seed in recent memory in a conference? 

I don't think this would even be a question if the Bills or Chiefs were the #1 seed. We beat them both. Wouldn't be a question if the Rams were the #1 seed in the NFC. We beat them too.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I don't think this would even be a question if the Bills or Chiefs were the #1 seed. We beat them both. Wouldn't be a question if the Rams were the #1 seed in the NFC. We beat them too.

The Bills it certainly would be, they're not a really good team like they were last year.

However, like someone else said, I think relatively speaking the #1 seed this year is worse than in year's past but still the entire AFC as a whole is pretty weak this year once you get past the Chiefs, who also did not play well until the latter half of the season.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

idk, the chiefs seem more beatable this season than they did the last couple. hell, the drew lock led broncos would've likely beat them if not for a deeply ill-timed fumble. obviously they're still a very formidable team and anyone could reasonably expect them to reach the super bowl again, but i think any of the other division champs could pull the upset.

Yep I think the Titans come out of the AFC.

The Bills and Chiefs are almost certainly destined to play in round 2.

Means the Titans get Bengals or Raiders, which they'll win even if Henry struggles in his first game back.

Then the Titans just have to beat either the Chiefs or Bills. Likely at full strength. I'd take the Titans over both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Eh disagree. I don’t find this Rams team near typical “1 seed” good.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Doesn't really matter what one person thinks. Consensus would be otherwise.

Disagree again lol.

Pretty comfortable saying if this Rams team was somehow the 1 seed, most people would view them as a weak 1 seed as well.

One person (you) saying the opposite doesn’t count as “the consensus” lol.

Most people view the Packers and Bucs as better than the Rams this year in the NFC. I’m sure a number of others would take the Cowboys as well. If people view you as the 3rd/4th best team in your conference, you’d be a weak 1 seed.

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Disagree again lol.

Pretty comfortable saying if this Rams team was somehow the 1 seed, most people would view them as a weak 1 seed as well.

One person (you) saying the opposite doesn’t count as “the consensus” lol.

Most people view the Packers and Bucs as better than the Rams this year in the NFC. I’m sure a number of others would take the Cowboys as well. If people view you as the 3rd/4th best team in your conference, you’d be a weak 1 seed.

Only because they've had a couple stinkers. Take those away to get the #1 seed and they'd be viewed as a legitimate 1 seed.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Only because they've had a couple stinkers. Take those away to get the #1 seed and they'd be viewed as a legitimate 1 seed.

I mean sure but...that’s not really how this works lol most playoff teams are a few losses and bad performances away from being viewed as a legit 1 seed every year...but those losses and bad performances happened. That’s why they’re not viewed as such.

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Yep I think the Titans come out of the AFC.

The Bills and Chiefs are almost certainly destined to play in round 2.

Means the Titans get Bengals or Raiders, which they'll win even if Henry struggles in his first game back.

Then the Titans just have to beat either the Chiefs or Bills. Likely at full strength. I'd take the Titans over both.

The Raiders will beat the Titans.

7 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The only reason anyone is even questioning the validity of it is because of Derrick Henry. 

Reminds me alot of the disrespect the 2017 Eagles team got as a #1 seed when they lost their best player "that season". It's like people forget just how well rounded that "entire team" was.

You get even 80% of DH back for the playoff run, all AFC teams better be worried.