2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The only reason anyone is even questioning the validity of it is because of Derrick Henry. 

Reminds me alot of the disrespect the 2017 Eagles team got as a #1 seed when they lost their best player "that season". It's like people forget just how well rounded that "entire team" was.

You get even 80% of DH back for the playoff run, all AFC teams better be worried.

Are they really that well rounded though? Tannehill has been meh this season and they have one consistent weapon in their passing game. They went 6-3 without Henry and their wins came against the Rams (their offense struggled but defense balled), Saints (Simen starting at QB), 49ers (hurt Jimmy G threw the game away), Texans, and Dolphins. The only really impressive win they've had without him was against the Rams and their offense only had 194 total yards.

10 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Yep I think the Titans come out of the AFC.

The Bills and Chiefs are almost certainly destined to play in round 2.

Means the Titans get Bengals or Raiders, which they'll win even if Henry struggles in his first game back.

Then the Titans just have to beat either the Chiefs or Bills. Likely at full strength. I'd take the Titans over both.

This guy gets it!!! Team won 12 games with a bunch of key players missing throughout the season including their best player for 9 games. They might not come out of the AFC but calling them the weakest #1 seed is a joke. Give them the health of the Bills or Chiefs throughout the year and see how many wins they have.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Are they really that well rounded though? Tannehill has been meh this season and they have one consistent weapon in their passing game. They went 6-3 without Henry and their wins came against the Rams (their offense struggled but defense balled), Saints (Simen starting at QB), 49ers (hurt Jimmy G threw the game away), Texans, and Dolphins. The only really impressive win they've had without him was against the Rams and their offense only had 194 total yards.

If anything, you just convinced me even more with your post. Re-read that "without" Derrick Henry the best RB in football and tell me again how that's not impressive? Seriously?

You named 2 playoff teams and 2 teams that barely missed out on tiebreaker or week 18?

The problem with the Titans is they're not this shiny new toy, loaded with weapons, throwing all over the field. They are old school, smashmouth that today's fans or at least most of them don't appreciate because they like or are use to the flamboyant. They're boring, they're not exciting,  they run, blah blah blah.

Well they're about to get their best player back and have already proven with that player they can beat the rest of the so called SB favorites left in the playoffs. 

The Raiders are the least of the Titans worries…. 🤣🤣🤣

As a Titans fan, dream scenario is Pittsburgh beating the Chiefs and the Titans get to face the Steelers again at home with a fully healthy team this time. Outside of them, the Raiders would be at the top of the list of teams I’d love the Titans to face in the divisional round.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

here's how i think it plays out

AFC

Chiefs

Bills

Bengals

NFC

Bucs

49ers

Rams (but this is the one I'm most iffy about, just dont trust Stafford)

Also, I'm not saying that the Eagles couldnt upset the Bucs, but lets not act like the first meeting was all that close

Bucs came out hot, then Eagles got on a roll in the 3rd and 4th quarter but even in the end the Bucs just kneeled it down in scoring range so even though the score was 28-22, it could have easily been 35-22 or 31-22

People who are saying the titans are not one of the worst 1 seeds ever, what 1 seeds in recent memory are they better than lol. Last years chiefs and Packers? Nope. We can go down memory lane 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This guy gets it!!! Team won 12 games with a bunch of key players missing throughout the season including their best player for 9 games. They might not come out of the AFC but calling them the weakest #1 seed is a joke. Give them the health of the Bills or Chiefs throughout the year and see how many wins they have.

That team is scary if Henry/Brown/Julio are all healthy.

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Define health? I cant speak for titans or Chiefs but I can tell you the bills havent been the luckiest when it comes to health whether it is injuries or covid related they have had their lumps. Their oline had 2 different LT having to play this year, 4 different LG, 3 different RG, and 2 different RT. Not to mention they lost their #2, #3, and #4 wr along with their stud TE to 1 or more games. Then you have defense in which your LB was out 2 games, your run stuffing DT has been out 6 games, then your stud shut down corner has been out since thanksgiving along with several other key factors. Bills could have had a couple more wins added on had they had a healthy team at the time. 

I dont agree that the titans being the weakest 1 seed. I think people have this presumption that titans dont have a high powered QB, or that even though they win games its not in a dominant matter as their point differential is only +65 while seed 2, 3, 4, and 6 have a higher point differential. It may be that they arent a top 10 offensive statistically or they arent a top 10 defense except in points given up. I think titans did what they needed to do this year and they now will get to show the world why they were the 1 seed next week

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

People who are saying the titans are not one of the worst 1 seeds ever, what 1 seeds in recent memory are they better than lol. Last years chiefs and Packers? Nope. We can go down memory lane 

The whole weakest #1 is premature. If they go 1 and done let's have at it but it seems like putting a ceiling on them. If the Titans win the SB does that mean they are better than prior #1s that fell short???

This Titans team have the most wins vs winning teams and are the only team that is undefeated vs division champions. Not that it means much, but that is their competition.