Playoff Game #1 vs Pittsburgh.

onejayhawk

The game will be at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday 16 January at Arrowhead Stadium.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/1/9/22875818/chiefs-to-play-in-wild-card-weekends-sunday-night-football

Big Ben left it all on the field in the season finale, guiding the game winning drive in OT. I am in favor of winning in regulation.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

Play smart, and win. 

can’t give their WRs any space in the short to intermediate, because Ben will pull the trigger immediately. Friermuth is to be blanketed - 9 targets yesterday 

mitigate pass rush, draws and screens to HB/Kelce/Hill/Mecole. 

To me it feels like a game where we just have to do what it takes to win, because we are heavily favored and have a far better team. No need to reinvent the wheel on this one, just play to strengths and kill the game early 

I think this is a game where someone besides the big two will have to step up.  Fitzpatrick will be ask up in Kelce’s business and Hill is banged up.  I have a lot of concerns over how our D has been playing the WR lately as the Steelers are very deep.  Jones and Clark NEED to be different makers and earn their money this week, Ingram needs to keep doing what he’s been doing.  This will hopefully allow Spags to play back in coverage.

1 minute ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I think this is a game where someone besides the big two will have to step up.  Fitzpatrick will be ask up in Kelce’s business and Hill is banged up.  I have a lot of concerns over how our D has been playing the WR lately as the Steelers are very deep.  Jones and Clark NEED to be different makers and earn their money this week, Ingram needs to keep doing what he’s been doing.  This will hopefully allow Spags to play back in coverage.

Kinda lost ... big two ... Fitzpatrick??
Never mind  ..  I think I get the idea. Whatever they do .. they need to  ...

- get statuesque BigBen uncomfortable ...
- avoid those big plays on 3rd and ...
- rely on the run even if goes against Reid's philosophy ...

and ... MOST IMPORTANT ... help Wylie doing something on T.J. Watt

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Kinda lost ... big two ... Fitzpatrick??
Never mind  ..  I think I get the idea. Whatever they do .. they need to  ...

- get statuesque BigBen uncomfortable ...
- avoid those big plays on 3rd and ...
- rely on the run even if goes against Reid's philosophy ...

and ... MOST IMPORTANT ... help Wylie doing something on T.J. Watt

As in someone besides Kelce and Hill. Ben will give us chances for turn overs, we have to make the play then make them count.  Would love for this to be a leave no doubt game.

If im Pitt im running 4-5 WRs and daring Spagz to bench Gay/Bolton. If he does, which hes done all year on 3rd down, and when his blitzing tendencies take over, then you just attack whoever  Hitch/Sorensen/Neimann are covering in one-on-one coverage.

Edited by Chiefer

23 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Not good for CEH. He wasn't all that well last playoff season as well.

Glad we have D.Williams and Gore and McKinnon.

Hate to see it as I think he really rounds out the RB corp. Nothing is broken from all accounts, must be one bad contusion.

The Final injury report has Clyde Edwards-Helaire out and Darrel Williams as questionable. For Pittsburgh, Najee Harris is also questionable. It's been tough on RB.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-pittsburgh-steelers-2021-nfl-playoffs-friday-injury-report/

In a related move, the Chiefs signed Darwin Thompson to the practice squad. The Chiefs drafted Thompson late in the 2019 draft and he was a key ST player in the Super Bowl run. As a RB he knows the system. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/14/kansas-city-chiefs-draft-pick-darwin-thompson-signed-to-practice-squad/

The All-Pro team will not have any Chiefs, though two players made 2nd team. Travis Kelce was only 2nd team but his brother Jason wasthe 1st team C. Chris Jomes also made second team. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/14/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-tyreek-hill-creed-humphrey-tyrann-mathieu-all-pro-snubs/