Playoff Game #1 vs Pittsburgh.

onejayhawk

We need to come out firing against buffalo. Their recent form has been special. We cannot allow them to get a big lead then start converting on 2nd and 3rds all night, because they have the capacity to get out of sight. 

Good game last night, even though we started off slow and made a couple mistakes, I really enjoyed that. That's Chiefs football from Qs 2 onwards

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Heard some Chiefs fans offsite complaining about Townsend…anybody know why? I didnt see any messed up punts or anything

He didn't shank any or anything, but he did have a rougher game. A lot of our punts came from around midfield (that part was obviously on the O and a bit on coaching.) But he did a pretty poor job of placement with them. Punted from our 44 to their 15, with an 8 yard return. Punted from our 49 to their 18. Punted from our 49 to their 19. Punted from their 46 to the 15, with a 4 yard return.

Basically, all the punts were from around midfield, should've all been good opportunities to pin them very deep, and they wound up starting around the 20 on all of them. A lot of punts for like 30 yards net. I think we should've gone for it on one of them, but we needed a Colquitt kind of punt game, and Townsend doesn't seem to have that accuracy. Should've at least gotten all those punts inside the 10, with enough hangtime for no return, but instead two were returnable, and all four were between the 15 and 20.

26 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He didn't shank any or anything, but he did have a rougher game. A lot of our punts came from around midfield (that part was obviously on the O and a bit on coaching.) But he did a pretty poor job of placement with them. Punted from our 44 to their 15, with an 8 yard return. Punted from our 49 to their 18. Punted from our 49 to their 19. Punted from their 46 to the 15, with a 4 yard return.

Basically, all the punts were from around midfield, should've all been good opportunities to pin them very deep, and they wound up starting around the 20 on all of them. A lot of punts for like 30 yards net. I think we should've gone for it on one of them, but we needed a Colquitt kind of punt game, and Townsend doesn't seem to have that accuracy. Should've at least gotten all those punts inside the 10, with enough hangtime for no return, but instead two were returnable, and all four were between the 15 and 20.

I mean Colquitt cost a 3rd for that kind of consistency, fans would crucify veach if he pulled that nowadays.

i mean for a UDFA guy, kicking inside the 20 is about what i expect of him. 

as long as he doesnt shank it im not seeing the big deal really

29 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean Colquitt cost a 3rd for that kind of consistency, fans would crucify veach if he pulled that nowadays.

i mean for a UDFA guy, kicking inside the 20 is about what i expect of him. 

as long as he doesnt shank it im not seeing the big deal really

We got spoiled for 15 years, honestly. Colquitt was one of the best for a long time from an accuracy perspective. He was always really really good at pinning opposing teams. Didn't have the strongest leg, but was always one of the most accurate guys from a depth perspective. We now have a bit of the opposite. Townsend has fantastic power, but he's still young and doesn't have the accuracy and situational punting down. It's fine, and he'll get better over time. But I can understand the complaints after watching Colquitt probably their entire time as fans. I'm just old enough to remember Steve Cheek, and others. But some miss the nuance that a guy, even a punter, can have some things to improve on, and still be on track.

Snap counts are in. As might be expected in a blowout, the defense played more bench than usual. Jedrick McKinnon took over the role previoously occupied by Derrick Gore. I'm not sure what to make of that. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/1/18/22889269/chiefs-steelers-wild-card-snap-counts-mckinnon-takes-over-while-defenders-rest

53 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Snap counts are in. As might be expected in a blowout, the defense played more bench than usual. Jedrick McKinnon took over the role previoously occupied by Derrick Gore. I'm not sure what to make of that. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/1/18/22889269/chiefs-steelers-wild-card-snap-counts-mckinnon-takes-over-while-defenders-rest

Jerrick is more comfortable in the offense  and has fresh legs. Not gonna say they planned it but, its working out well so far. He provides more for the offense then pretty much any other RB on the team with his speed and toughness

Edited by Chiefer

I don’t ever recall Townsend punting South either.   From being at the game,  going north-south was a lot crazier wind wise.      Pitts punts going South-north carried well.  The others the wind played a role.   

He could have also just had an off game,  I just don’t remember us punting much going in the more favorable direction.