New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Wild Card Round

The Third Rider

Saturday January 15, 8:15 pm Eastern.

Broadcast Information: Patriots at Bills

FIt4viKXIAEGFPj?format=jpg&name=medium

As we saw earlier this season anything can happen. Now each team has the opportunity to actually end each other's season.

Early weather prediction: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Orchard+Park&state=NY&site=BUF&lat=42.7634&lon=-78.7458&TextType=2

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

I’m praying for a blizzard, think limiting the offensive play calling BUF can do is the best shot we have.

This defense is horrible when it comes to containing the QB and Allen is one of the best when it comes to creating time and running for huge conversions.

Mac and the offense will need to play perfect, which I’m not confident in at all.

But hey, 2nd year of rebuilding and we are back in the playoffs, Lets go baby!!!

• Like 3

I think they match up really well against us. The first game the elements were the great equalizer, Josh Allen was still making some impressive throws through bad weather and when he came to Foxborough he straight up annihilated our secondary and made our pass rush look useless. As divisional games go this game really cannot be predicted and the elements can make the ball bounce in strange ways and at bad times. We are 1-3 in the last four games but he have been right there till the end on all those loses. What I need from this team is to clean up sloppy play, don't let emotions lead to penalties and hold on to the f**** ball. If they keep their composure I am sure we can win this game. 

Flipping a coin to determine which Josh Allen shows up. If it's heads, it's the one that destroyed the Pats 2 weeks ago. If it's tails, it's the one that couldn't get in the end zone against the Jags and threw 3 picks against Atlanta.

It came up heads. Buffalo 38, Pats 17

Just now, Crimmage said:

Great news, I doubt he ends up playing this week but good to know

Yeah, based on the way it looked on film and his initial reaction I was afraid it might have been a patellar tendon, which is a career-killer. Glad to see his prognosis is good. 

15 minutes ago, jofos said:

I think this game goes as Mac goes. Patriots are not winning without him playing well. 

For the most part I agree with this. 

I've been a big fan of what Mac has done this season.. and hope he can take a big year 2 jump to prove he is a franchise QB who could make deep playoff runs.. but one could argue that he is a major reason why they lost 3 of 4. At the beginning of the year I felt that the team was 1-3 but i put 0 blame on Mac.. to the end year the team is 1-3 and i'd say it's probably 50/50 Mac's fault. 

2 turnovers against the Dolphins.. 2 turnovers against the Bills.. 2 turnovers against the Colts. Mac has been able to feast on the middling teams of the league, but hasn't done great when facing teams over .500. This will be a good test and hopefully he can end the season on a high note individually. The Bills have more talent and should beat the Patriots .. but if Mac can play a turnover free game then I think they have a decent chance of stealing the game ( assuming Allen doesn't run all over them) 

54 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

For the most part I agree with this. 

I've been a big fan of what Mac has done this season.. and hope he can take a big year 2 jump to prove he is a franchise QB who could make deep playoff runs.. but one could argue that he is a major reason why they lost 3 of 4. At the beginning of the year I felt that the team was 1-3 but i put 0 blame on Mac.. to the end year the team is 1-3 and i'd say it's probably 50/50 Mac's fault. 

2 turnovers against the Dolphins.. 2 turnovers against the Bills.. 2 turnovers against the Colts. Mac has been able to feast on the middling teams of the league, but hasn't done great when facing teams over .500. This will be a good test and hopefully he can end the season on a high note individually. The Bills have more talent and should beat the Patriots .. but if Mac can play a turnover free game then I think they have a decent chance of stealing the game ( assuming Allen doesn't run all over them) 

Yeah and am not saying anything bad about Mac just that when all other things are equal then he has to step up. In the playoffs game mangers aren't really successful.