New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Wild Card Round

The Third Rider

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It's hard to botch a defensive series where you only need to prevent them from scoring for 13 seconds, but the Bills managed to do it. 

Well, at least KC is the lesser of two evils.

Now it's up JoeMarr to save the league from Mahomes and his ******* buddies Kelce and Hill.

Just now, biggie. said:

Yes. I'll take the Commies over a division rival any day. It's like who'd I rather see win between the Ravens and the Jets.

I gotta say, I don't subscribe to that thinking. If the Bills win a championship, that would cause them to lose talent sooner rather than later.

I would rather the Bills lose .. the difference between pick 25 and 32 isn't massive. Two things are going to happen to them either way: 

• Teams will see their success and want their front office and coaching staff ( this is already happening as we speak.. GM in NY and could lose either coordinator) 
  • Putting up big regular season numbers on offense and defense will cause their players to be very expensive. 

At the end of the day, with Allen's contract kicking in.. the draft is EVERYTHING when it comes to their future success. So many players on that team are going to get big contracts and want to switch teams... especially if Mcdermitt makes stupid coaching decisions like not squib kicking at the end of the game, or not going for it on 4th and 1 when they had no way of stopping the Chiefs,etc. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Apparition said:

I gotta say, I don't subscribe to that thinking. If the Bills win a championship, that would cause them to lose talent sooner rather than later.

It's all about principle. As far as I am concerned, our enemy hierarchy at this point are:

1. Jets - Don't care how bad and hopeless they are; my hatred of them exceeds my hatred of the IRS.

2. Bills - Our biggest rival competitively now.

3. Dolphins - Used to be our #2 because of history and how they've ALWAYS been a nagging thorn against us since the start of the dynasty.

4. Colts - Until Irsay sells the team I will never forgive them for fixing the rules to help Peyton and starting Deflategate. To me, they are the Jets outside of the division.

5. Chiefs - Mahomes is the new Peyton in terms of annoying worship and I absolute DETEST Kelce, Hill and Clark.

Ravens and Steelers are pretty much dead rivals at this point due to key players being gone (Lewis and Suggs for the Ravens and Ben/Ward/Harrison/Polamalu/Porter for the Steelers).

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

We have to compete with this guy for the next ten years lol. And if you get past him you have to face Mahomes. Joe burrow ain’t bad either 

This diatribe of yours is getting really boring. Tom Brady, THE GOAT, went to 10 SB in 20 years and won 7 of them. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Teams with lesser QBs beat him. You act like this ish is locked up because of all these QBs in the league. Peyton Manning existed. Drew Brees existed. Probably the 1b and 1c to Brady in this era and those guys combined for 3 ships. Seems like a lot of people got by them. 

Competition has ALWAYS been high at the QB position. To act like it's a death knell for us for the next decade is self-demoralizing to a radical scale. If you NEED to be the team with the undisputed best QB in the league to be confident you might as well stop watching football for awhile. Another Tom Brady isnt likely walking through the door. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

That game just showed how incredibly far away the Patriots are from championship contention lol 

What stood out to me was the speed on defense and how (bad) coaching can make or break you.  KC IMO win on talent, alone. Reed cares about (passing) offense, game management stinks and has no clue when it comes to the defense side of the ball. EX 1st RD pick, best CB on the board, KC takes WR!!!  The running was there last nigh, does he have any plays on his sheet!!

PS   I said speed . Coaching and play were awful. That goes with Tampa as well.

Don't get me started on the Bills (panic) out of control coach.

14 hours ago, Crimmage said:

That is one area all season that I felt Mac missed out on .. he would always keep his eyes down field trying to throw

IMO -- Mac has been told not to run, your job is to complete the pass.  MOF, it  looks like Mac is having a internal battle trying not to run and make the pass!  He saying to himself, Make the pass, I can't run, make the pass. I'm so confused!!!😁

27 minutes ago, m haynes said:

What stood out to me was the speed on defense and how (bad) coaching can make or break you. 

Even with all that speed on defense for both sides.. both teams were exhausted by the 4th quarter and couldn't keep up with the offenses. They both turned it into a track meet which didn't do their defenses any favors. The fact that neither team is able to consistently run the ball well to control the clock hurts them.. controlling the clock better could have ended this game much sooner ... such as Hill not running in for a touchdown and just stopping at the 1 yard line. Could have killed the clock and and ended it sooner for example. 

And special teams.. I think pretty much every team that lost this weekend had special teams issues. 

- Packers obviously

- Bills let up multiple long punt returns ( probably leading to the ultimate coaching blunder in the final kickoff) 

Fixing the special teams issues and getting back to being a top 10 special teams unit next season will automatically give this team a couple wins. They basically lost a couple games if not more this season because of awful special teams. I fully expect Joe Judge to be back in a Patricia advisor role next year with NY paying his salary for the next couple years.. he would greatly help the special teams. I think when he was here he helped with the offensive gameplan too? Don't recall. 

KC IMO win on talent, alone. Reed cares about (passing) offense, game management stinks and has no clue when it comes to the defense side of the ball. EX 1st RD pick, best CB on the board, KC takes WR!!!  The running was there last nigh, does he have any plays on his sheet!!

Play calling last night was bad at times from both sides. KC tried to get too cute at times too. 

The end of the game, the defenses just looked gassed to me. It was an exciting game from a fan perspective but massive failure all around for the defenses. I'm sure some coaching fails were there too. 

IMO -- Mac has been told not to run, your job is to complete the pass.  MOF, it  looks like Mac is having a internal battle trying not to run and make the pass!  He saying to himself, Make the pass, I can't run, make the pass. I'm so confused!!!😁

- Mahomes is the most athletic, unathletic person in the world.. his 40 time isn't crazy, his 3 cone probably wouldn't impress either.. but he's so damn shifty in the pocket and escapes so many sacks. 

- Mac did a decent job moving in the pocket this year but that's a huge next step for him.. being able to avoid pressure and get out of the pocket more to make plays. Mahomes did it all right yesterday.. head up looking to pass until he reaches the line of scrimmage and then he runs for 5+ yards every time. Mac needs to learn from that and take those yards.. it forces the defense to move up just a little to make sure Mac doesn't get a 1st found and opens up the pass more! 

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This diatribe of yours is getting really boring. Tom Brady, THE GOAT, went to 10 SB in 20 years and won 7 of them. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Teams with lesser QBs beat him. You act like this ish is locked up because of all these QBs in the league. Peyton Manning existed. Drew Brees existed. Probably the 1b and 1c to Brady in this era and those guys combined for 3 ships. Seems like a lot of people got by them. 

Competition has ALWAYS been high at the QB position. To act like it's a death knell for us for the next decade is self-demoralizing to a radical scale. If you NEED to be the team with the undisputed best QB in the league to be confident you might as well stop watching football for awhile. Another Tom Brady isnt likely walking through the door. 

Really sucks for us. I really wish we had a coach who has a demonstrated history of slowing down historic offenses. 

We are doomed

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

consistently run the ball well to control the clock hurts them.

There were holes there for the Running game. Reed just refuses to run. Also they need a back to complement Cyde who's a 3rd down back...again reason why Reed cares less about the run. They need a big back which will never happen.  Reeds idea of a run game, shot gun HO and toss that's it!

Hill not running in for a touchdown and just stopping at the 1 yard line.

I thought the same damn thing. Do any of the NFL coaches watch the playoffs??????  This happen it seems every year. No lead is safe in today's NFL I don't care if there's one second left. 13 seconds are you kidding me.

- Mahomes is the most athletic, unathletic person in the world.. his 40 time isn't crazy, his 3 cone probably wouldn't impress either.. but he's so damn shifty in the pocket and escapes so many sacks. 

Spot on. He looks like a point guard.  There is no reason other than (in) shape that Mac can't do the same thing. He must have good feet, he was a tennis player growing up. 

PS No I'm not saying he can be Mahomes but he could add the run to his game if needed.

One play stand out this year. Mac rolls right, if he runs he makes 1st down with ease, he hesitate at the LOC, then throws into double coverage.  A WTF moment!

Edited by m haynes

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Aaron Rodgers says Hi.

Honey back the bags were starting Summer Vacation early!!!!