New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Wild Card Round

The Third Rider

I doubt we can turn this into 1930s football in the snow again, can't see them being at all unprepared for that like they seemed to be last time.

Defense HAS to turn up. We need to take the ball away and limit Allen's runs. I think we could be in good shape if we do those two things. Not sure what to expect on offense, but if we don't establish the run we aren't going to win

Since Brady left, this is who we've beaten and lost to...

Wins over

Dolphins, Raiders, Jets x 4, Ravens, Cardinals, Chargers x 2, Texans, Panthers, Browns, Falcons, Titans, Bills, Jaguars

Lost to

Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, 49ers, Bills x 3, Texans, Rams, Saints, Bucs, Dolphins x 3, Colts

17 wins - 15 losses

Of the 17 wins, 4 have come against teams with winning records. 23.5% of our wins are against teams with winning records

Also 23.% of our total wins have come against NYJ. Remove NYJ games and we've won 13 games to 15 losses.

The only standout wins I can see are the Ravens game in 2020, Bills in the snow, and Chargers earlier this year. 

If we're to win, it will be another one of these type games. We can do it, but it would be a coup. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Since Brady left, this is who we've beaten and lost to...

Wins over

Dolphins, Raiders, Jets x 4, Ravens, Cardinals, Chargers x 2, Texans, Panthers, Browns, Falcons, Titans, Bills, Jaguars

Lost to

Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, 49ers, Bills x 3, Texans, Rams, Saints, Bucs, Dolphins x 3, Colts

17 wins - 15 losses

Of the 17 wins, 4 have come against teams with winning records. 23.5% of our wins are against teams with winning records

Also 23.% of our total wins have come against NYJ. Remove NYJ games and we've won 13 games to 15 losses.

The only standout wins I can see are the Ravens game in 2020, Bills in the snow, and Chargers earlier this year. 

If we're to win, it will be another one of these type games. We can do it, but it would be a coup. 

You're missing a Cowboys loss in there somewhere.

Ecstatic to play y'all. I've been hoping for a legit rivalry with the Pats for a while now, and it seems to be coming to fruition. I don't know who is going to win. You guys have the better coach, we have the better QB. Choose your poison! 

I will say- who ever does win- that fanbase will have **** talking rights for the next year. There's a lot at stake here! 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 3:13 AM, Deadpulse said:

I mean, honestly the Bills are the better squad. However, they are definitely a vulnerable club. Could go either way

Oh yeah, we're inconsistent as hell and, honestly, we struggle in cold weather games. Allen's stats away vs home is crazy! He'd win MVP if his home stats mirrored his away stats. The only reason I can think of there being a drastic difference between the two is the weather has been complete **** at a lot of our home games.

The problem is- Allen has a cannon, and in the cold- a rocket pass from Allen is insanely hard for the receivers to hold on to, so there are way more tipped balls and dropped balls. This becomes even more apparent in the wind, which is when Allen NEEDS to put heat on the ball. His next step as a QB is learning to take a bit of that heat off in these cold weather games. The touch on his passes has improved a ton since his rookie season, but he still needs to learn to reel it in a bit in the cold. 

Edited by WizeGuy

On 1/10/2022 at 7:49 AM, Pats#1 said:

I’m praying for a blizzard, think limiting the offensive play calling BUF can do is the best shot we have.

This defense is horrible when it comes to containing the QB and Allen is one of the best when it comes to creating time and running for huge conversions.

Mac and the offense will need to play perfect, which I’m not confident in at all.

But hey, 2nd year of rebuilding and we are back in the playoffs, Lets go baby!!!

Awesome year for your young squad, and BB deserves a majority of the credit. What a coach! You guys will ALWAYS have the best coach in the division as long as he's at the helm- that's for damn sure!

Sorry to flood the GDT. I'll see my way out now!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Herron show at LT. He hasn't been nearly as bad as many suggest, but he is still a backup LT in a playoff game. Hopefully he can stay strong in the run game so they can focus on being aggressive. 

Wynn was a mediocre starting LT .. apparently PFF had home as a top 5 run blocking LT.. but they could do much worse. 

As much as we hate on Mills being the #2 CB.. he's admittedly done much better than I would have expected and think BB is going to be able to get the most out of him over the term of his contract. Once they draft another CB to be #2 it will be fun to see BB use him all over the field. 

For tomorrow though.. I feel we are really going to miss him and his experience. I don't trust Williams or the Practice Squad guys, that's way too much to hope that they can play at Mills level against the Bill high powered offense. We are going to need to hope that BB dials up some confusing zone schemes to help cover up their difficulties in the secondary. 

A few positives.. they didn't have Agholor, Stevenson or Dugger last game.. and barely had Bourne playing because of COVID. Taking Harry off the field and stretching the field more with Agholor should help imo. Fingers crossed that their RB duo can continue to get over 5 YPC and take over the first half, let Mac get settled in without any turnovers .. keep the game close and it's anyones game. The last thing I want to see is them go down double digits in the first quarter / Special teams issues.