New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Wild Card Round

The Third Rider

Mac was awful until garbage time down 30. We can like him and say he wasn’t the main reason but not sugarcoat what happened on Saturday.

There also should be a serious discussion on what his ceiling is 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Mac was awful until garbage time down 30. We can like him and say he wasn’t the main reason but not sugarcoat what happened on Saturday.

There also should be a serious discussion on what his ceiling is 

I don't look at one game and make a decision on a player. What I did see is a rookie that out performed expectation by a wide margin.

Based on the other QBs in the draft he out performed them by a wide margin.  So if you want to set ceiling how about the mental part of the game that Mac has over all of them. I see the game slowing down for him and over the off season he will work on his arm strength just like Borrow did last off season.

Lastly I don't by the argument that he was playing for the Patriots so he had a advantage nonsense. put him this year on the SF and he would killed it with all there weapons.

It funny every other QB has higher ceiling but Mac. Ridiculous. Wow look he's throw with a cannon and a 4.2 40 whoopee !  Macs working on his (football) Master while the others are just finished HS.

Last but not least the Pats WR group were average at best. Bourne is the only legit guy in the group. Meyers as a last WR on depth chart fine but he can be placed. Our WR have been so bad Meyers  (4.7 40 time) looks like Jules compared to the rest.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

I don't look at one game and make a decision on a player. What I did see is a rookie that out performed expectation by a wide margin.

Based on the other QBs in the draft he out performed them by a wide margin.  So if you want to set ceiling how about the mental part of the game that Mac has over all of them. I see the game slowing down for him and over the off season he will work on his arm strength just like Borrow did last off season.

Lastly I don't by the argument that he was playing for the Patriots so he had a advantage nonsense. put him this year on the SF and he would killed it with all there weapons.

It funny every other QB has higher ceiling but Mac. Ridiculous. Wow look he's throw with a cannon and a 4.2 40 whoopee !  Macs working on his (football) Master while the others are just finished HS.

Last but not least the Pats WR group were average at best. Bourne is the only legit guy in the group. Meyers as a last WR on depth chart fine but he can be placed. Our WR have been so bad Meyers  (4.7 40 time) looks like Jules compared to the rest.

Mac has been flat out terrible since the first bills game. It’s not just one game. 

He does have a low ceiling. 

Terrible is rather harsh.. if you want to see terrible you can look at some of the other rookies this season. He is a rookie .. we can't expect him to be perfect. One thing I can note is that he is actually a lot more mobile than advertised, he had plenty of roll outs I wasn't expecting to see and he always kept his eyes down field and made a play. It's not his fault Bolden drops a pass right in his hands for instance. 

I would also note that this is probably the hardest offense in the league for a QB, let alone a rookie. He has to do way more work here controlling everything than other QB's do.. next year when a lot of those things are second nature, I think he will make a jump. The fact that the offense is so hard for a QB and Receiver to master is 100% the coaching staffs fault.. but that's another conversation. 

Mac had some tough interceptions the last 4 games.. but he also made some great throws over the stretch. That 4th quarter against the colts was probably the best football he had all year. We also forget that the Bills have a top 5 defense in the league, that's not easy for a rookie to go against. Mac did really well in multiple 4th quarters to tie games or get them close, clutch plays.. I wish the defense could have gotten the ball back on a few of those games to see if Mac could have completed the comebacks, if he won one or two of those games he would be seen differently. 

Mac isn't a QB who can take over a game on his own like Allen.. he needs pieces around him.. but with a mediocre at best receiving core he outperformed expectations. Give him another piece or two on offense and he could have a great year 2 imo. If he has an awful year 2 then we can talk about the future.. but expecting more out of his rookie year ( especially when he never played with the starters in camp) is asking a lot imo 

For instance, I didn't think we would see plays like this out of Mac. I thought he would be purely a pocket passer, but he can move pretty well. 

I also believe that the coaching staff told him not to run. He had a lot of plays throughout the season where he kept his eyes down field and threw it away / ran out of bounds when he could have picked up 5-10 yards. The coaching staff is old school though and will tell him to focus on passing and throw it away if things aren't there instead of risking getting hurt. 

Mac could easily have 20 yards a game off defenses sagging off him thinking he is a statue 

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Mac has been flat out terrible since the first bills game. It’s not just one game. 

He does have a low ceiling. 

Ok, why a low ceiling?  If that true the whole class of QBs are a disaster or are not even close based on what they shown this season. You are using this season to base your opinion on Mac so I would assume you will use the season with the other QBs when you judge their future.

Edited by m haynes

5 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Terrible is rather harsh.. if you want to see terrible you can look at some of the other rookies this season. He is a rookie .. we can't expect him to be perfect. One thing I can note is that he is actually a lot more mobile than advertised, he had plenty of roll outs I wasn't expecting to see and he always kept his eyes down field and made a play. It's not his fault Bolden drops a pass right in his hands for instance. 

I would also note that this is probably the hardest offense in the league for a QB, let alone a rookie. He has to do way more work here controlling everything than other QB's do.. next year when a lot of those things are second nature, I think he will make a jump. The fact that the offense is so hard for a QB and Receiver to master is 100% the coaching staffs fault.. but that's another conversation. 

Mac had some tough interceptions the last 4 games.. but he also made some great throws over the stretch. That 4th quarter against the colts was probably the best football he had all year. We also forget that the Bills have a top 5 defense in the league, that's not easy for a rookie to go against. Mac did really well in multiple 4th quarters to tie games or get them close, clutch plays.. I wish the defense could have gotten the ball back on a few of those games to see if Mac could have completed the comebacks, if he won one or two of those games he would be seen differently. 

Mac isn't a QB who can take over a game on his own like Allen.. he needs pieces around him.. but with a mediocre at best receiving core he outperformed expectations. Give him another piece or two on offense and he could have a great year 2 imo. If he has an awful year 2 then we can talk about the future.. but expecting more out of his rookie year ( especially when he never played with the starters in camp) is asking a lot imo 

Those rookies are on literal dumpster fires with bad coaches like urban Meyer David Culley and Matt Nagy.

Edited by CP3MVP

Ok, why a low ceiling?  If that true the whole class of QBs are a disaster or are not even close based on what they shown this season. You are using this season to base your opinion on Mac so I would assume you will use the season with the other QBs when you judge their future.

Those other rookies are playing on literal dumpster fires. BB would trade mac tmr morning for Trevor Lawrence. 

Its not even about them it’s about the murderers row of QBs NE will have to beat to sniff a SB in the next 5 years who Mac will never be better than.  Mahomes Burrow Allen etc

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Those other rookies are playing on literal dumpster fires. BB would trade mac tmr morning for Trevor Lawrence. 

Its not even about them it’s about the murderers row of QBs NE will have to beat to sniff a SB in the next 5 years who Mac will never be better than.  Mahomes Burrow Allen etc

That's fine i get it it all about the teams they played for that determine how badly they played. You sure convinced me . Have a good night.

BB would trade, thats is just your opinion that has no basis of fact. Matter fact it laughable.

Edited by m haynes

That's fine i get it it all about the teams they played for that determine how badly they played. You sure convinced me . Have a good night.

BB would trade, thats is just your opinion that has no basis of fact. Matter fact it laughable.

Do you think those rookies situations are remotely Comparable to Mac Jones playing with training wheels all season? Lol the Jags are literal dumpster fire. 

It’s “laughable” that BB wouldn’t trade Mac for Trevor Lawrence?  First off the jags would never do that they’d hang up the phone. Same thing with all the other rookie Qbs

Edited by CP3MVP

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Do you think those rookies situations are remotely Comparable to Mac Jones playing with training wheels all season? Lol the Jags are literal dumpster fire. 

It’s “laughable” that BB wouldn’t trade Mac for Trevor Lawrence?  First off the jags would never do that they’d hang up the phone. Same thing with all the other rookie Qbs

So you know whats in BB head. Know you you what's other teams are thinking. 

I stop here. I have nothing left to say, you already know what I'm thinking and for that matter everyone else.

Hello BB this San Fran calling about Mac Jones, CLICK.  Hello Bill, Bill !!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

So you know whats in BB head. Know you you what's other teams are thinking. 

I stop here. I have nothing left to say, you already know what I'm thinking and for that matter everyone else.

Hello BB this San Fran calling about Mac Jones, CLICK.  Hello Bill, Bill !!!!!!

If you wanna be in denial that’s fine. 

all those teams saw Mac, had a chance to draft him and were like nah lol

Again it’s not the rookies it’s the other QBs in this conference that this team will have to go through to get to the Superbowl. 

If Mac at his peak is the 6th best QB in the AFC that’s a problem. You’re not winning the AFC, you’re not even winning your division 

How was Mac terrible on Saturday? But for Bolden and Agholor being idiots they march down the field and score on their opening drive. Who knows what happens after that? The first pick was great play by Hyde (and a poor one from NA), the second pick was tipped up in the air by Henry.

Mac wasn't even top 10 bad things on the field in that game.