Never early for mock offseason 😂

LoganF89

Resign

JD Mckissic

Tyler Larson

Tim Settle

Deandre Carter

Kyle Allen

why? McKissic has proven to be one our most valuable playmakers, Larson has flexibility and is a solid backup, Settle can be dominant with more snaps, Carter proves to be a decent WR down the stretch and a solid return man, Kyle Allen will most likely be our #3 but with Covid...... we will need 3

FREE AGENCY

Juju WR 25- hear me out before I get killed for this, there are quite a few WR on the market and I thought hard about Robinson too, but Juju is coming off an injury and didn’t get the payday he thought he would last year. We can probably get him cheap and he’s still young. He would allow Samuel to play the slot and with terry and Samuel on the field Juju should be able to get open 

Austin Corbett OG 26- there isn’t an easy way to replace Scherrf but I’m not paying him that much money, Corbett started off with the browns and was never a big factor. He turned his career around with the rams and became a really good guard

Marcu Williams 26 FS- this is our big ticket signing. We have coverage issues and with him on the back end it will surely help us improve, one of the top safeties in the game

Jayon Brown 26 LB- I wanted us to sign him last year. I think we could get him for a decent deal. He can call plays and plays the pass as one of the top guys at his position

*Ryan Kerrigan DE- not that I would be upset if we didn’t sign him but it would be nice to have a guy who can be in the rotation and still apply pressure. I’m completely fine not signing him but would like to see him end his career with the new name next year

younghoo koi K- he’s accurate. Better than what we have had in a long time

DRAFT

*****trade Jets trade their second pick in the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and their 5th for Daron Payne and our 7th. Jets pair him with quinnen williams to bolster their defense

1) Matt Corral QB Ole Miss- I think Pickett goes 1st and goes to Carolina. I don’t see teams trading up for QBs and there are a lot of vets rumored to be traded. Carolina is the only team in the top 10 I see taking a QB

2) Jalen Wydermyer TE TX A&M- best TE in the draft. I know we signed Thomas to an extension but we see what happened when he got hurt. These two would feast in a 2 TE set

2jets) Kaiir Elam CB Florida- I’ve seen him anywhere from late 1st to mid 2nd, I’m not sold on our corners, Jackson didn’t prove he was worth the money this season, Fuller was good and bad, and with the injuries we did t see too much of St. Juste

3)Chad Muma ILB Wyoming- I really think this guy could be the steal of the draft. Can play inside and outside and is a field general calling the defense and is a tackling machine. Having him and adding Jayon in FA vastly improves our defense. I think he could take over mid season

4)Zion Nelson OT Miami- one of the only bright spots the hurricanes had on offense this year. With Lucas walking in FA Nelson has a chance to become our top swing tackle over Charles

5) Neil Farrel DL LSU- solid lineman, this is mostly a depth pick due to us trading Payne, he slots is behind Allen settle and Matt

6)Bubba Bowden SS Miami- he’s a great playmaker and can really lay the wood. Good player to groom behind Curl

ROUGH DEPTH

qb Heinicke/corral/allen

rb Gibson/Mckissic/Patterson

wr Mclaurin/Juju/Samuel/Brown/carter

te Thomas/Wydermyer/Bates

lt Leno/Nelson

lg Flowers/Schweitzer 

oc Roullier/larson 

rg Corbett/Charles

rt Cosmi/Nelson/Charles

de young/kerrigan/toney 

dt allen/settle

dt ioannidis/Farrel

de sweat/Smith-williams

lb Holcomb/davis 

mlb Brown/Muma

lb collins/davis/hudson 

cb jackson/fuller/Elam/stjuste

fs williams/Forrest 

ss curl/bolden/Everett 

k Koo

p way

Offense Breakdown

We know what we have with Heinicke and he starts the season until Corral is ready or if Heinicke isn’t playing well or we are out of it. I’m fine with running backs I actually like jonathan Williams too. We add a new WR target who I think we get for a bargain. I know you guys don’t like him but I think we can get a solid deal. TE we add Wydermyer, I think he’s our future guy when Thomas is done and I see him playing a lot regardless. On Oline we place Corbett for Scherrf. He may not be the talent Scherrf is but he’s cheaper, younger, and more durable. He’s a solid guard. I think zion will be a great swing tackle

defense breakdown

the signing of kerrigan really isn’t serious but I do think we need a solid 3rd guy. Just not sold on the young guys king and toney yet. Farrel slides in the last DL spot bc of the Payne trade. I really want to see kore Tim settle. You guys are gonna hate me for not cutting Landon but you have to admit he’s been great at LB and with Davis struggling this year it’s wise to keep him there. Jayon is a great cheap vet who can cover and call defense. Drafting Muma I think is huge, if he shows he can play then Jayon could play outside if we do want to cut Landon. If not we have great LB depth. Elam I think will eventually be a starter at CB and allow fuller to operate the slot. I’m not giving up on st juste, just need to see more. Williams gives us what we have been lacking at FS for years. Bolden I think will be a great SS in time, but he’s behind Curl. I think he makes the roster. 

KOO- don’t really need to explain this one

enjoy fellas!!! Can’t wait for the offseason to begin

So, I thought about Carolina taking a QB, but here is the issue. 

Sam Darnold was traded to the Panthers, and Carolina ended up applying the 5th year option for 2022 with a Guaranteed salary of over $18M. That is outright dead cap money which I don't think you let sit and you don't want to cut him based on the cap hit that would cause. So I rule that out. 

Now that we are picking 11th, that puts us out of the running for Kenny Pickett, but might be a reach for Matt Corral. And I don't think this team wants to venture down the Malik Willis route considering the comparisons to one that we do not speak of. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

A lot of us seem to have us spending a crap ton of money on WR again. So we're going to spend all that money on Samuel and JuJu? We gonna pay Terry too? If so are we really going to have $40+ million (who knows, maybe more) tied up per season in WRs?

I have to agree here. Curtis Samuel didn’t work out this year bc of injury. But, he’s going to make $13 million the next two years and re-signing Terry is more important than signing any other WR plus, I wouldn’t want to sign a WR coming off an injury like Juju unless it was on a one-year prove it deal.

Edited by turtle28

I would add Cam Sims to the re-sign list as well.

I don’t see the reason to spend huge on a FA FS. Rather than signing Marcus Williams to a huge deal I think we should draft a FS in round 2 and develop him in our defense instead of drafting a corner. 

We have our starting corners for next season - Fuller & WJ3. We also just drafted BSJ in round 3 last year. I don’t see the need to take a CB in round 2 unless I guess they’re by far the BPA and I have to question if that will be the case. 

I also have to add that I don’t see us going into next season w/ Heinicke being the favorite to be the starter. At worst, I think they sign Mariota or Trubisky to compete w/ Heinicke, the rookie we draft and Kyle Allen to be our starter.

The loser between Heinicke & Allen would then get traded to another team for a late round pick like the Jags did with Minshew this year.

20 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Curtis Samuel was a very bad decision. Very bad. 

I wish we utilized the offseason like the Steelers. No big names. Draft players. Let guys walk when they get too costly. 

It’s not like the Steelers never make big moves, they’re just few and far between and calculated to fill a clear need when they make the moves.

For example, trading a 1st round pick for Minkah Fitzpatrick 3 years ago. Signing Joe Hayden after the Browns released him in 2017. Trading for Joe Schobert to be their starting Mike LB because it was clear they needed an upgrade there. Last off-season they also signed Melvin Ingram but traded him away to the Chiefs at the trade deadline bc the Chiefs had a need and the Steelers could get back much needed draft capital to help repair their OL & DLs this off-season.

48 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I assume bye bye Scherff ! too costly. Who will pay him what he wanst - going to be very intersting !

I’m thinking he goes somewhere in the mid west/west but not California, perhaps the Broncos will sign him. He’d seem to fit in there.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’m thinking he goes somewhere in the mid west/west but not California, perhaps the Broncos will sign him. He’d seem to got in there.

what is your thoughts on his contract ? He's already turned down our reported offer to be the highest paid guard.

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

what is your thoughts on his contract ? He's already turned down our reported offer to be the highest paid guard.

I still don’t think he’s worth being paid as the highest guard in the NFL. He’s also 30-years old. I think he gets a 4-year deal for like $60 some million. 

If Scherff is going to look for 13-14M a year, I would have no qualms of letting him walk. That is outrageous for a RG. This draft class is not loaded with interior offensive lineman, but could find a 2nd or 3rd round guy. 

The current roster of free agent G's is a bit thin, but it's not terrible in terms of quality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

If Scherff is going to look for 13-14M a year, I would have no qualms of letting him walk. That is outrageous for a RG. This draft class is not loaded with interior offensive lineman, but could find a 2nd or 3rd round guy. 

The current roster of free agent G's is a bit thin, but it's not terrible in terms of quality. 

I have no problem with going into the season w/ Flowers & Schweitzer as the starters with Charles as their main backup plus a mid to late round guy we’d draft to develop behind those 3. I think we have 2 guys who are good starters, a young guy developing as depth & we could add another young guy to develop as depth in the mid to late rounds as well.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1