Wild Card Weekend GDT: Raiders (10-7) @ Bengals (10-7) - You Wanna Talk About Playoffs!?!?!?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • ***** Cats
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

Edwards and Zay need to have big games. I feel like the bengals will do the KC plan and bracket Waller/renfrow as much as possible. That basically leaves the other 2 one on one the whole game. 

In addition, tape don’t lie really covered how the bengals played 2 high and made things very difficult. We need to run better this time. And I don’t mind some quick short passes to open up the run game, but slants/crossers might be nice instead of the usual short passes behind the LOS.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

God I hope we win but still don't retain rich. I want a real coach pls no one hate me.

i am with you on that 100% i think the players maybe upset im sure they like the guy but the only way i’d be ok with him staying is if harbs turns us down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

God I hope we win but still don't retain rich. I want a real coach pls no one hate me.

Same here and I've been outspoken on it. Retain Rich, they will be a 6-7 win team next year and we're back to square one. How they are winning is not sustainable. 6 wins on the last play of the game. -65 point differential. Low turnover rate. The list goes on. Statistically they are bottom 3rd in the league in a lot of categories and have a lot of holes.

They are winning on emotion, luck and overachieving. Not to say Rich hasn't galvanized them to some degree, but the wind will eventually fall out of these sails. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Same here and I've been outspoken on it. Retain Rich, they will be a 6-7 win team next year and we're back to square one. How they are winning is not sustainable. 6 wins on the last play of the game. -65 point differential. Low turnover rate. The list goes on. Statistically they are bottom 3rd in the league in a lot of categories and have a lot of holes.

They are winning on emotion, luck and overachieving. Not to say Rich hasn't galvanized them to some degree, but the wind will eventually fall out of these sails. 

Lol so the players and coaches get no credit? I get the Covid wins, but they’ve legit beat some good teams. Is Rich the best coach in the world? No! but there is still a lot to be said about winning 10 games in the AFC, ESPECIALLY with all they’ve been through. They were 3-0 and 5-2 at some point. There’s more talent on this team than a lot of you give them credit for. They were deflated in the middle of the season but didn’t give up and turned it around. You don’t send playoff teams home on “luck”. Without the drama you can say this team wins 12 games.

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Can’t believe the Raiders play in a playoff game tomorrow. 

Believe it, because it’s happening! The closer we get the more confident I am. We’re as battle tested in close games as can be and these guys are playing hard for one another. Cincy is a good team but they are definitely beatable. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Lol so the players and coaches get no credit? I get the Covid wins, but they’ve legit beat some good teams. Is Rich the best coach in the world? No! but there is still a lot to be said about winning 10 games in the AFC, ESPECIALLY with all they’ve been through. They were 3-0 and 5-2 at some point. There’s more talent on this team than a lot of you give them credit for. They were deflated in the middle of the season but didn’t give up and turned it around. You don’t send playoff teams home on “luck”. Without the drama you can say this team wins 12 games.

Of course they get credit. They've rallied around each other in an "us against the world" way. Without the drama, you could also say they collapse as they did the previous 2 seasons. Sometimes in sports that adversity galvanizes a team and the outperform expectations. 

We will never know. They have some talenet, but how they have won is not sustainable. They will return to their mean next year. It happens every year. Same as the 2016 season where they won in comeback fashion and the defense forced a lot of turnovers. 2017, they returned to the mean and JDR was show the door. 

Offense needs to be better. From the playcalling to Carr & co. Run game was big in getting them to the opposing side of field, but the offense was stagnant and settled for FGs. Eventually Defense got tired and Bengals O heated up. Carr turned the ball over twice and end with a lofty final score. Offense doesnt capitalize on good field position, this could be quick.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Of course they get credit. They've rallied around each other in an "us against the world" way. Without the drama, you could also say they collapse as they did the previous 2 seasons. Sometimes in sports that adversity galvanizes a team and the outperform expectations. 

We will never know. They have some talenet, but how they have won is not sustainable. They will return to their mean next year. It happens every year. Same as the 2016 season where they won in comeback fashion and the defense forced a lot of turnovers. 2017, they returned to the mean and JDR was show the door. 

Or we can improve the OL a bit, replace Ruggs and a couple pieces on D and be even better next year. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Or we can improve the OL a bit, replace Ruggs and a couple pieces on D and be even better next year. 

Potentially. But anything that commits to Cable and Olson next year is asking for trouble. And I know some are high on Bradley, but his inability to flexible with scheme is a problem. Embarassing how the Chargers finished that game last week on his defense.

I see a team that's overachieved and will come crashing down to earth.  

• Like 1