Wild Card Weekend GDT: Raiders (10-7) @ Bengals (10-7) - You Wanna Talk About Playoffs!?!?!?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • ***** Cats
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Potentially. But anything that commits to Cable and Olson next year is asking for trouble. And I know some are high on Bradley, but his inability to flexible with scheme is a problem. Embarassing how the Chargers finished that game last week on his defense.

I see a team that's overachieved and will come crashing down to earth.  

Yeah if we get Harbaugh and co + a good offseason we can become a legit playoff team. Rn we're playing with house money.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The QB must go down and down hard. 

The Raiders DEs are the key to this game.

Precisely. Burrow was hurt two weeks ago as well and has a lingering injury. I'm not saying I want him hurt b/c that's not the case. Simply bringing up he might not be as mobile as he can be as a result of these injuries and might not move around as well. If we hit Burrow, we have a chance and if we don't, we're done.

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Precisely. Burrow was hurt two weeks ago as well and has a lingering injury. I'm not saying I want him hurt b/c that's not the case. Simply bringing up he might not be as mobile as he can be as a result of these injuries and might not move around as well. If we hit Burrow, we have a chance and if we don't, we're done.

I'm okay with a mild shoulder sprain

I think it's a completely winnable game if they play like they've been playing. The way we lose this game is it all of a sudden we don't want to stop the run anymore and we don't want to rush the passer anymore. Or if on offense, we decide that we wanna block Joey Bosa correctly but we don't wanna block Sam Hubbard or Hendrickson or we just go three and out for no reason nor turn the ball over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Potentially. But anything that commits to Cable and Olson next year is asking for trouble. And I know some are high on Bradley, but his inability to flexible with scheme is a problem. Embarassing how the Chargers finished that game last week on his defense.

I see a team that's overachieved and will come crashing down to earth.  

I am open to Bisaccia returning if he brings in a different OC, doubt that would happen though. I prefer we go after Harbaugh, but I think the guys this year deserve their due and not chalk it up to luck.

• Like 1

Playoff Predictions:

AFC:

Wildcard:

(5) Las Vegas Raiders at (4) Cincinnati Bengals

(6) New England Patriots at (3) Buffalo Bills

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

Wildcard:

(5) Arizona Cardinals at (4) Los Angeles Rams

(6) San Francisco 49ers at (3) Dallas Cowboys

(7) Philadelphia Eagles at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Divisional:

AFC:

(5) Las Vegas Raiders at (1) Tennessee Titans

(3) Buffalo Bills at (2) Kansas City Chiefs

NFC:

(6) San Francisco 49ers at (1) Green Bay Packers

(4) Los Angeles Rams at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Conference Championships:

(3) Buffalo Bills at (1) Tennessee Titans

(2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (1) Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl:

Tennessee Titans vs Green Bay Packers

More important than anything, I REALLY want Carr to ball and take it to the next level. His performance will be key because I want him to take us far, not leave us hanging in purgatory. Even if we suck on defense tomorrow and Carr balls and we lose, I'll feel good about the future. If he sucks and the defense balls out and we lose, I'll be a lot more worried.

I'm hoping for:

Ball security

Setting his feet

Opportune scrambles in short yardage

Being aggressive and going for the jugular

Apparently him and Kurt Warner have been texting all year, per the Vic Athletic article. I really hope all the things Warner criticized him on show up in the game. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

More important than anything, I REALLY want Carr to ball and take it to the next level. His performance will be key because I want him to take us far, not leave us hanging in purgatory. Even if we suck on defense tomorrow and Carr balls and we lose, I'll feel good about the future. If he sucks and the defense balls out and we lose, I'll be a lot more worried.

I'm hoping for:

Ball security

Setting his feet

Opportune scrambles in short yardage

Being aggressive and going for the jugular

Apparently him and Kurt Warner have been texting all year, per the Vic Athletic article. I really hope all the things Warner criticized him on show up in the game. 

Read that article and Carr has definitely been more aggressive this year. Last couple of years we seemedto have a lot of ‘wtf’ moments when he would throw out of bounds or short of the sticks on 3rd down. This year it doesn’t seem to have happened, or not as much.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth I guess as being aggressive means taking chances which means more potential picks. Ideally obviously you want aggressive without the picks but no doubt we have benefited from throwing down the field more. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Read that article and Carr has definitely been more aggressive this year. Last couple of years we seemedto have a lot of ‘wtf’ moments when he would throw out of bounds or short of the sticks on 3rd down. This year it doesn’t seem to have happened, or not as much.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth I guess as being aggressive means taking chances which means more potential picks. Ideally obviously you want aggressive without the picks but no doubt we have benefited from throwing down the field more. 

100%. He’s been unlucky at times too. He just needs to target anyone but Zay deep and he’ll be fine.