Wild Card Weekend GDT: Raiders (10-7) @ Bengals (10-7) - You Wanna Talk About Playoffs!?!?!?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • ***** Cats
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Taking that patchwork roster down to the last play against Cincy is way more than I could have asked for.  Talent wise this is a 4 to 6 win team but these guys have grit and heart which took then into the playoffs.  

Ah come on man. A 4 win team?

I remember those 4 win teams from the last decade of Al and we are a much better team right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FreshPrince said:

We lost this game because of dumb mistakes. Penalties, barbers boneheaded kickoff return, desean drop. Classic raider loss. Even something as dumb as the ball going off hubbards (I think) head. I think that would’ve been a td, or at least been close enough to set one up. 

Same old stuff. 

They’re a good team. Just made more mistakes. Rich did a great job but we need someone that can finally nip these tendencies in the bud. They’ve been what make being a raider fan so hard for so long. 

It's a shame. You don't get many chances to have a playoff run and this was a game we could have won looking at the score and the amount of mistakes we made.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, true2form said:

I know that. You know that. Others don’t care. 

It's exceedingly obvious. Painfully obvious.

Like Mayock signed these guys and he still didn't want them starting.

But we still could have won if the OL wasn't so bad.

It's unreal how bad they were today. Couldn't keep Carr clean when it counted. Whiffed blocks in the run game (good thing Jacobs is a stud). Penalties in crucial situations. 

And a few key drops also killed us, though I'll give Bates credit on the Renfrow one.

And as far as the "needs everything perfect to win" argument, most playoff teams have nearly "everything perfect". The packers are loaded. So are the bucs, bills, cowboys, chiefs, titans, etc. etc.

Good teams are good. We should try to get better everywhere. 

Apparently, olsen wasn't getting the plays out fast enough and Carr was screaming at him a couple of times. I believe it. Moment was too big for him. Dude literally called a play where Waller and Renfrow were NOT EVEN IN THE ENDZONE on the last freakin play of the game. That's unreal. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

For sure with that dominate OL and elite arsenal he had to work with. He definitely hit his peak with Zay Jones and 35 year DJax

Hunter , Jacobs and Waller are elite players. I guess reality  hasn’t hit you yet. I said early he had a good season and was a big part of our wins. However he still led the league again in lost fumbles. When it came time to save the season and punch the ball in the end zone, he couldn’t get it done. It is what it is, he’s a Mid QB top 10-13. Considering there 14 teams in the playoffs, here we are.

Now we have to make a decision if we could get better at the position 

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hunter , Jacobs and Waller are elite players. I guess reality  hasn’t hit you yet. I said early he had a good season and was a big part of our wins. However he still led the league again in lost fumbles. When it came time to save the season and punch the ball in the end zone, he couldn’t get it done. It is what it is, he’s a Mid QB top 10-13. Considering there 14 teams in the playoffs, here we are.

Now we have to make a decision if we could get better at the position 

LOLOLOL. None of them are elite. I don't think you know what elite means. Waller had one or two very good seasons but that doesn't make him elite. And he clearly wasn't 100% coming off his knee injury. Kelce and maybe Kittle are elite. Waller has too many mental errors and doesn't play to his full capability. It sucks, but maybe we need to lower expectations for him a tad.

Renfrow is not even a top 15 WR and I love him. Far from elite. Jacobs is a borderline top 10 back. He's not elite.

This was an average skill group without Ruggs. And with the OL being as bad as it was (I'd like to see an objective metric they weren't bottom 10 in), this was generously a below average offensive cast for most of the year, which unsurprisingly correlates with our offensive struggles.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LOLOLOL. None of them are elite. I don't think you know what elite means. Waller had one or two very good seasons but that doesn't make him elite. And he clearly wasn't 100% coming off his knee injury. Kelce and maybe Kittle are elite. Waller has too many mental errors and doesn't play to his full capability. It sucks, but maybe we need to lower expectations for him a tad.

Renfrow is not even a top 15 WR and I love him. Far from elite. Jacobs is a borderline top 10 back. He's not elite.

This was an average skill group without Ruggs. And with the OL being as bad as it was (I'd like to see an objective metric they weren't bottom 10 in), this was generously a below average offensive cast for most of the year, which unsurprisingly correlates with our offensive struggles.

I agree with all of this which makes Richie B coaching job even more impressive. I can see the Raiders take a huge leap next year. Raiders for will get a couple players off of IR draft a few more and sign couple of FA's

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This next 2-3 weeks is going to be very interesting. I’m curious to see who we bring in for our coaching/GM search.

I stand by my earlier statement that I want a GM decision first before moving on to the coaching search. It’s a very desirable job and we shouldn’t feel pressured into making a rushed decision. 

Ideally yes, but with a guy like Harbaugh he isn't going to want to be #2 to a GM I don't think. He'll want personnel control so you really have to know if you're going that direction first. If you went with a Pederson, Bisaccia or Flores type you could go the traditional route but I think coaches like Shaw and Harbaugh would only be interested if they're the HC with final say on roster makeup and a Mayock type figure is who they want to be Robin to their Batman.

35 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Hell of a game guys! 

Better team won for sure, was a nerve jangling game and glad for you guys that you've got what looks a great team in the making. Loved those Esiason and Ickey Woods teams back in the day and have a soft spot for the Bengals 😀

For us, it came down to deficiencies we all knew we'd have when we gutted the OLine before the season and when we lost Ruggs, what we pretty much all feared going in. I think we've got a lot going for us and we're a better, gutsier team than we are a talented roster but it's definitely something to build on...... looks a simple fix but nothings ever simple in Raider land 😂😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Better team won for sure, was a nerve jangling game and glad for you guys that you've got what looks a great team in the making. Loved those Esiason and Ickey Woods teams back in the day and have a soft spot for the Bengals 😀

For us, it came down to deficiencies we all knew we'd have when we gutted the OLine before the season and when we lost Ruggs, what we pretty much all feared going in. I think we've got a lot going for us and we're a better, gutsier team than we are a talented roster but it's definitely something to build on...... looks a simple fix but nothings ever simple in Raider land 😂😂

Same.

Cannot get over that final play call. The formation. The fact only 1 player was in the end zone. The fact Refrow and Waller were in the flat. The fact Carr had time and forced it to his buddy who wasn't in the end zone. The fact Carr forced it into blanket coverage. The whole sequence was just mind blowing awful.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hunter = Top 15 WR

Waller = Top 7 TE

Jacobs Top 10 RB

Carlson = Top 2 Kicker

Cole = Best Punter in NFL

Elite Pass Rushers 

We don’t have the best cast but we don’t an awful cast either. A better O-line makes Jacobs better. 

This was a team that was similar to 2016. Played a lot of 1 score games. We were carried by our elite kicking unit. Carr excels between the 20 and the 20. Struggles in the RZ and still is the worst fumbling QB in the NFL

Bringing back Carr isn’t a slam dunk choice. We will have to pay top market money to keep him which would limit our spending power. I believe we have gone as far as Carr can take us. 1st round exit

9 hours ago, Roninho said:

Ah come on man. A 4 win team?

I remember those 4 win teams from the last decade of Al and we are a much better team right now.

Put Tua or any other bum QB and this is a 4 to 6 win team.  Please enlighten me as to what elite talent we have and what players are above average?

Our above average talent is Carr, Maxx, YN, Hayward (who will be 33), Miller, Waller and Renfrow (a limited slot WR).  The rest of our roster is average at best and there will be massive roster turnover once agin this offseason. 

We have no elite talent on this roster that is clear. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

25 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hunter = Top 15 WR

Waller = Top 7 TE

Jacobs Top 10 RB

Carlson = Top 2 Kicker

Cole = Best Punter in NFL

Elite Pass Rushers 

We don’t have the best cast but we don’t an awful cast either. A better O-line makes Jacobs better. 

This was a team that was similar to 2016. Played a lot of 1 score games. We were carried by our elite kicking unit. Carr excels between the 20 and the 20. Struggles in the RZ and still is the worst fumbling QB in the NFL

Bringing back Carr isn’t a slam dunk choice. We will have to pay top market money to keep him which would limit our spending power. I believe we have gone as far as Carr can take us. 1st round exit

A top 10 RB who has averaged sub 4.0 YPC over the last two seasons LOL.  Give me a break.  

Renfrow a top 15 WR....  I can't make this garbage up.  The guy is a limited slot WR and you peg him as a top 15 NFL WR.  I can name 20 WR's off the top of my head I would take over him.  Insanity

Edited by Frankie2Gunz