Wild Card Weekend GDT: Raiders (10-7) @ Bengals (10-7) - You Wanna Talk About Playoffs!?!?!?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • ***** Cats
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Them doing a terrible job does not mean it was one sided, it wasn't. The whistle play was a bad, but let's stop pretending like Boyd wasn't wide open. Nobody makes a play on that ball. 

Every time the Raiders lose a game, fans cry about the refs. The refs are not the ones who couldn't get off the field on defense. They didn't catch a kickoff on their own 2. They didn't spike the ball with 30 seconds to play and lose a down. They didn't call the ridiculous final play. 

Bet better than blaming the refs every time something doesn't go the teams way.

The refs called this play.

Like man, I am going to be bothered by that for a while, lol.

Renfrow runs to the flat, 7 yards away from the marker.

Jacobs stays as a blocker to help Kolton instead of Parker.

Edwards runs an in route through a barrage of Bengals defenders in the middle of the field.

Waller runs a delayed wheel route? But actually ends up in single coverage against a smaller safety that's not very good in coverage.

And Zay Jones runs an in route 2 yards short of the goal line and Carr decides to throw it to him in triple coverage???

The best option there was to just lob the ball towards Waller and pray that he either makes a play or draws a flag.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Put Tua or any other bum QB and this is a 4 to 6 win team.  Please enlighten me as to what elite talent we have and what players are above average?

Our above average talent is Carr, Maxx, YN, Hayward (who will be 33), Miller, Waller and Renfrow (a limited slot WR).  The rest of our roster is average at best and there will be massive roster turnover once agin this offseason. 

We have no elite talent on this roster that is clear. 

?? Why would i want to replace good players for bums? And what has that to do with your statement?

You say our team is a 4 to 6 win team, which is bs. 

dont know if we have elite talent. but that is clearly something else then 4 to 6 win team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

?? Why would i want to replace good players for bums? And what has that to do with your statement?

You say our team is a 4 to 6 win team, which is bs. 

dont know if we have elite talent. but that is clearly something else then 4 to 6 win team.

Frankie likes to minimize our Team to pump up Carr like he carried our team despite the talent. 🙄

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And oof looking at that play, what a bad decision by Carr. Why force the ball to Zay surrounded by 3 defenders instead of lobbing it up towards Waller who was in single coverage against Von Bell, a 5'11" SS who struggles in coverage, lol.

Carr had a chance to win the game. Step up into another level of a QB. Instead he folds in the RZ like normal.

He had a good season but we got serious choices to make this offseason 

On the Carr debate, you either pay him and put together everything he needs to make it happen or you move on and rebuild a couple years. 

Doubtful you can upgrade the position. I still don't see Carr as a guy who can take a team deep in the playoffs however. 

If Rich stays, Carr probably stays and I doubt they make it back to the playoffs. Anyone else, let them choose. 

I like a Harbaugh, Carr situations with someone in the wings similar to how he handled his SF job. 

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Doubtful you can upgrade the position. I still don't see Carr as a guy who can take a team deep in the playoffs however. 

I like a Harbaugh, Carr situations with someone in the wings similar to how he handled his SF job. 

The only possible way I think you can upgrade is if you include Carr as a part of a deal for Watson. 

And the biggest difference is that Alex Smith still had 3 years on his deal when they drafted Kap so if it didn't work out with him they could've just kept Smith. They were also able to trade him and recoup some value while with Carr he's almost guaranteed to get a new deal before next season either with us or another team.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, big_palooka said:

On the Carr debate, you either pay him and put together everything he needs to make it happen or you move on and rebuild a couple years. 

If Rich stays, Carr probably stays and I doubt they make it back to the playoffs. Anyone else, let them choose. 

That first sentence is why I support extending Carr (plus I think he’s the kind of guy who would take an extremely team-friendly deal). Unless we mortgage the future and somehow get Rodgers or Russell, there’s just no one else in FA or the Draft that’s better than what we already have. Carr overall still made lemonade with the lemons he was given this season, however. If Ruggs had stayed home that night, we might have seen Carr take that second step (this season will always be remembered as a huge what-if, and rightly so). $1,000 says 2/3rds of the other starting QBs would have folded under the same circumstances.

Second sentence: Garrapolo isn’t that type of QB either, and yet the Niners are in the NFC Championship game. I think the next GM/coaching staff should take a page out of their playbook.

EDIT: If Malik Willis is available in the 2nd, I’m down to take a flyer on him.

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!