Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

On 2/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, Daniel said:

Was Walker Little good enough to stop them from taking a tackle first overall?

I thought Jawaan Taylor had the right side locked down.

From what I've seen, Walker Little is a better left tackle than Jawaan Taylor is a right tackle.  Just my opinion, and I know we've only seen Walker in a couple of games, but he seems solid.  Taylor needs to be replaced.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

From what I've seen, Walker Little is a better left tackle than Jawaan Taylor is a right tackle.  Just my opinion, and I know we've only seen Walker in a couple of games, but he seems solid.  Taylor needs to be replaced.

I didn't even know the Jags played the Vikings this year.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, sparky151 said:

Jags should let Robinson walk and replace Taylor. Go after Orlando Brown Jr if he reaches free agency or Terron Armstead if he doesn't. If they feel good about Little as their starting LT, so much the better. Their line wasn't very good last year so the benefit to that is it isn't hard to find upgrades. At least 1 of Faalele, Penning, Raiman or Kinnard will be available at the top of round 2. 

I'd say an ideal offseason for Jacksonville would be something like signing Armstead and Davante Adams and Ryan Jensen as free agents, then drafting Thibs and Kinnard. 

lots of twitter jags fans want them to cut Linder for the same Problem Armstead has.  Durability.  

the ideal/realistic FA would be grabbing 1 of Allen Robinson/MIchael Gallup/Chris Godwin and then a guy like James Daniels.  

Orlando Brown jr wont be walking or likely willing to go to jacksonville cuz 1) he wants to be a LT and 2) he wants to be paid like a LT.  3) we are likely a wide zone blocking scheme so a guy like Brown isnt a Fit for that style

Edited by LinderFournette

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Kind of feels like the Jags should accept less to trade down than you would in a normal year

A little more is generous given this draft class. Whose giving up anything for the ability to pay your rookie more money? You'd have to be absolutely sold on a specific player to do that. I don't see anyone in the top 10 who has that specific of a need. The Jags would probably have to drop significantly in the draft and get a mid-late 2nd or 3rd pick for the trouble. I just don't see that trade existing short of a team like the Bills/Bengals wanting to really go HAM on their offensive line.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I wonder if he would be available for trade and if so what would be a reasonable price?

i remember our DC bringing his name up specificly so could be coach speak to make it sound like hes good but ya. 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/21/jaguars-coach-doug-pederson-discusses-dc-mike-caldwell/

“It’s an aggressive mindset, and those are the conversations that Mike and I have had is we want to maintain the aggressiveness, we want to be able to put our players in position to make plays,” he said. “Moving a Josh Allen around, moving a Chaisson, moving these guys around, moving safeties around, other backers. Really presenting a picture to the offense where maybe you don’t know where the blitz is coming from. You kind of watch what Tampa Bay did this year and the success they had on defense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...