Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

On 3/22/2022 at 11:37 PM, LinderFournette said:

Taking Hutchinson isn't the answer we need across from Josh Allen.  The sooner baalke realizes it the better the franchise will be. 

If Hutchinson ends up being the pick, I'll be fine with it, but I'd prefer Neal or Ekwonu. 

24 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Hutchinson ends up being the pick, I'll be fine with it, but I'd prefer Neal or Ekwonu. 

Isn't it a bit redundant to take Neal or Ekwonu (assuming they're playing at Tackle since you wouldn't draft a guard 1st overall I assume?) having Cam Robinson, Walker Little and Jawaan Taylor already on the roster? 
Drafting their preferred Edge (Hutch, Thibs or Walker) would seem like a better use of resource for me.  

19 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Isn't it a bit redundant to take Neal or Ekwonu (assuming they're playing at Tackle since you wouldn't draft a guard 1st overall I assume?) having Cam Robinson, Walker Little and Jawaan Taylor already on the roster? 
Drafting their preferred Edge (Hutch, Thibs or Walker) would seem like a better use of resource for me.  

Neal or Ekwonu could play guard for this season and then take over for Cam Robinson next year.  With Sherff's injury history, it also wouldn't hurt to have someone around to take his spot for a while if/when he does get injured. 

I just think that we can always find players to improve the defense.  With the quarterback we have, it is imperative that we give him every chance to succeed.  We won't be able to replace him right away if we lose out with him.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hutch to me is better served as a 3-4 end if he can add a lil more weight. 

I'm fine with the other higher rated edges tho I'd prefer not to have walker cuz just isn't just a good pass rusher right now. 

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

Cam is set to be a FA(undetermined big wr long term him or not.  

Little apparently is going to be competing with Taylor (he has 0 business starting).

Taylor is also a FA to be next year. 

Our current projected starting OL reads Robinson-bartch/richardson-shatley-shreff-little/taylor. 

/ Means competition.  

I think Neal and ekonwu can start out as guards(like Jonathan odgen did) and kick outside the next year.  

I wouldn't be oppossed to a guard pick 1 if they q Nelson good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Hutch to me is better served as a 3-4 end if he can add a lil more weight. 

I'm fine with the other higher rated edges tho I'd prefer not to have walker cuz just isn't just a good pass rusher right now. 

I agree.  When you are being drafted first overall, you shouldn't be a project.  You should be good enough to start Day One and be a difference maker.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

If the Jags were taking one of the tackles, they wouldn’t be made the FA moves they have.

And after those moves, taking an OT (especially to play Guard) would be a bonehead move.

Taking Neal/Ekwonu, playing them at LG their rookie year and kicking them out to LT in year 2 wouldn’t be dumb at all IMO. Ravens did it with Ogden IIRC. 

It’s a toss up with what they do at 1. I thought it was Hutch but now I don’t know.