Early Prediction: First Overall Pick?

SmittyBacall

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Can you explain exactly why Neal is going to be a better RT then LT?  I'm legitimately curious if you can defend that argument.

Main reason is Neal is ok to good as a LT and Flozell Adams good as a RT.  I think he has issues with lateral movement and can be moved off balance if he sets too quickly.  He does not have the feet/balance to be a premier LT.  Speed rushers in 9 tech seem to give him issues at times because they can force him to move laterally.

On the other side he is a devastating downhill blocker in the run game.  His skill set favors power run scheme RT where he can lean into a defender and wear them down with his weight. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ideally trade down.

I do go Hutchinson, high ceiling high floor type of guy. 

I wouldn't take a OT, id keep robinson.

Even if Robinson walks, Walker Little looked good in the two games he played. If they draft an OT he would likely play on the right.

• Like 1

Jacksonville's offseason should be about supporting Lawrence. Get at least a couple of O-line and WR upgrades in FA. Then draft BPA. This year that is on defense. 

They won't get draftchart value for pick 1 since there's no elite QB prospect but should trade down for something that isn't unreasonable. 

Right now Evan Neal seems like the obvious choice until they re-sign Robinson.  Shiny new tackle for your QB, already have a stud pass rusher and others around him.

If they do re-sign Robinson, it's tough.  Probably hard to trade down this year.  Maybe a WR separates from the pack at the combine and makes it easier.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Right now Evan Neal seems like the obvious choice until they re-sign Robinson.  Shiny new tackle for your QB, already have a stud pass rusher and others around him.

If they do re-sign Robinson, it's tough.  Probably hard to trade down this year.  Maybe a WR separates from the pack at the combine and makes it easier.

i dont see the jags wanting to tag Robinson when Walker Little is strictly a LT and Robinson is at this point strictly a LT, 

to me the choices really come down to Ikem Ekonwu, Evan Neal, Hutchinson, and Thibs.  pederson is a guy who loves to have good Trench play and both sides need help. 

i didnt mention cross because honestly he seems strictly a LT and we dont need that. we could use a good swing tackle but you dont draft those early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

i dont see the jags wanting to tag Robinson when Walker Little is strictly a LT and Robinson is at this point strictly a LT, 

to me the choices really come down to Ikem Ekonwu, Evan Neal, Hutchinson, and Thibs.  pederson is a guy who loves to have good Trench play and both sides need help.

i didnt mention cross because honestly he seems strictly a LT and we dont need that. we could use a good swing tackle but you dont draft those early

Was Walker Little good enough to stop them from taking a tackle first overall?

I thought Jawaan Taylor had the right side locked down.

Just now, Daniel said:

Was Walker Little good enough to stop them from taking a tackle first overall?

I thought Jawaan Taylor had the right side locked down.

PFF had Little playing better then robinson albiet a smaller sample size.

Little 225 snaps 0 Penalties 2 sacks allowed 68.6 PFF Grade

robinson 856 snaps 5 penalties 1 sack allowed.  67.4 PFF Grade

now keep in Mind Little for all practical purposes didnt play for 2  entire years(1 year was acl injury week 1 college, other year opted out)

and just for entertainment: 

2021 Taylor: 1084 snaps 12 penalties 6 sacks allowed 60.4 PFF Grade.  

2020 Taylor: 1037 Snaps 6 penalties 8 sacks allowed 56.5 PFF Grade.

hes almost as worthless as Isiah WilsonJay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

PFF had Little playing better then robinson albiet a smaller sample size.

Little 225 snaps 0 Penalties 2 sacks allowed 68.6 PFF Grade

robinson 856 snaps 5 penalties 1 sack allowed.  67.4 PFF Grade

now keep in Mind Little for all practical purposes didnt play for 2  entire years(1 year was acl injury week 1 college, other year opted out)

and just for entertainment: 

2021 Taylor: 1084 snaps 12 penalties 6 sacks allowed 60.4 PFF Grade.  

2020 Taylor: 1037 Snaps 6 penalties 8 sacks allowed 56.5 PFF Grade.

hes almost as worthless as Isiah WilsonJay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Ouch.

Unnecessary.

Jags should let Robinson walk and replace Taylor. Go after Orlando Brown Jr if he reaches free agency or Terron Armstead if he doesn't. If they feel good about Little as their starting LT, so much the better. Their line wasn't very good last year so the benefit to that is it isn't hard to find upgrades. At least 1 of Faalele, Penning, Raiman or Kinnard will be available at the top of round 2. 

I'd say an ideal offseason for Jacksonville would be something like signing Armstead and Davante Adams and Ryan Jensen as free agents, then drafting Thibs and Kinnard.